OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else see the report late last night on CNN about the conspiracy video on the Sherriff's personal Facebook? He was asked about it and would not comment.

No I did not. Do you have a link, or could you paraphrase?
TIA.

IBsleuthin, I suspect that there were likely specific incidents that caused Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer, to get booted from boot camp.
The only thing that I have ever won was the Vietnam Draft Lottery. I was Army Infantry and attended basic training. During basic training, you eat, drink, train, and occasionally sleep with your fellow trainees 24/7. Initially it is one big dysfunctional family that is eventually molded into a well oiled team. Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer was the weak link in this team..jmo

This is completely and totally off of this thread topic, however I feel so passionate about it I will risk the time out.

THANK YOU, from the very bottom of my tender heart for your service. I realize you don't know me in person or in 'real life' but I truly am so strongly convicted in character towards the care and promotion of veterans. I absolutely understand your point of view and this pencil neck Christopher person is a pox and a smear on the face of military everywhere.

THANK YOU SIR so much. I sincerely hope that when you came home people treated you with dignity and still do. You certainly have my highest respect.

(P.S. all this time I thought you were a woman and now when I see your name, 'Foxfire' a big gong goes off in my brain!)

Have a fantastic weekend.

No I did not. Do you have a link, or could you paraphrase?
TIA.

Whether or not there were crisis actors at Sandy Hook, and a comment about "Makes you wonder who you can trust."

(CNN)Before Douglas County, Oregon, Sheriff John Hanlin found himself answering questions about a school shooting in his backyard, he posted a link to a video raising questions about another -- the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre that left 20 children and six adults dead.

"This makes me wonder who we can trust anymore ..." Hanlin wrote on his Facebook page on January 13, 2013, above the conspiracy video link. "Watch, listen and keep an open mind."

That post has since been taken down, albeit not before many saw it.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/02/us/oregon-shooting-sheriff-john-hanlin/

"Gun control is NOT the answer to preventing heinous crimes like school shootings," Hanlin wrote.

JMO: We'll never know. :(

I don't think allowed to talk about that here. But I can tell you with certainty that it has nothing to do with CCW.

Vermont has never required a permit to carry a gun, and Vermont has always had a low crime rate.

The crime rate went down here in Florida after our shall-issue law was passed. It had already been going down prior to shall-issue -- but that downward trend wasn't reversed by the sudden legality of law-abiding citizens being able to carry legally, despite the alarmist hoplophobic prediction of "blood running in the streets."

Chicago, NY, DC, and several other big cities have, and have had for a long time, very strict gun control laws, in conjunction with extremely high crime rates.

Guns used to be much more widely and and easily available in the US. You used to be able to walk into any Western Auto and walk out with a rifle. You could order them through the mail. Anyone could! But there was no corresponding high crime rate.

So, now that we've established that there's no link between gun control and crime rates, you tell me why certain areas of the US have high crime rates. It's not the availability of guns, so it must be something else.

Perhaps people who needed guns for hunting,killing animal pests, and sport shooting have guns. Now people who want them for killing are the ones that have them.Although I think that the toddlers that kill don't realize what they have done

Have the parents who have lost children in other killings spoken out? How about the father of the news person?

I really am sorry I don't remember their names, but there are so many.

What a sad club to be in

Have the parents who have lost children in other killings spoken out? How about the father of the news person?

I really am sorry I don't remember their names, but there are so many.

What a sad club to be in

Yes, the father of the newswoman was on CNN the last few days.

I keep thinking, too, that 9 new families are now members of a club that no one wants to join. How awful and how tough their battle is to make change in the US.

I would take it a step further and say that if you have sufficient concern about someone's mental health that you think you need to remove their access to guns, you should pursue it legally to see if you can get them into mental health treatment.

Right... and face a lawsuit. Remember this guy had never been arrested, had no problems with the law.

Unfortunately, that's what happens when guns are demonized and treated as the source of all evil. People aren't educated about gun safety, and they don't grow up viewing firearms as a useful tool that can be used for positive purposes. T

This is a good argument for bringing firearm safety education back to the classroom and reinvigorating the "gun culture." It's too bad that gun control groups oppose firearm safety training.
Most gun control groups I know of advocate gun safety, and think it should be a prerequisite for being able to purchase a gun. They just don't think it should be forced on someone in the school system who has no desire to own or use a gun. Perhaps make it an optional course like driver's ed?

Most gun control groups I know of advocate gun safety, and think it should be a prerequisite for being able to purchase a gun. They just don't think it should be forced on someone in the school system who has no desire to own or use a gun. Perhaps make it an optional course like driver's ed?

This guy tried to take a gun safety class, but the instructor would not allow him because of his attitude.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ected-Gunmans-Weapons-Training-330504061.html

Fistfights are way better than what is going on in the US...young punks get in a fight and someone ends up getting shot. Sometimes others get shot as well. Doesn't just happen with gangs either...road rage between supposed adults, yep more gunshots...any point of pride these days gets ajudicated with a gun

I agree. However, the resources necessary to pursue that course largely do not exist. That is a real problem in this country and should be at the center of this discussion. And many others.

Agree with u Fairy1! Who are you going to call? And with what justification? Ironically, who ends up looking like they have a problem when they reach out?

<modsnip>

Obviously there are people like this spree killer, obsessed with guns, owning dozens of them without any good reason. They have no respect for human life, whether their own or someone else'. Somehow these people must be kept in check.
But eliminating gun rights altogether based on criminal actions of a few not the way to go. Jmo

Sent via Tapatalk

The following statement is MY opinion, and MY opinion only:

"Good and Evil will always exist in the world .... Light against Darkness. Until it is ended ... and it will be one day."

End of my opinion. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A suggestion on protection in the schools and colleges:

Why not use Dogs, Dogs and more Dogs? Guard Dogs - German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Dobermans, etc? They can be trained to attack the "gun" and "hand/arm" that holds the guns. They're quick to act, and won't let go no matter what, even if they're shot.

Your thoughts?

Edited to add: If they're good enough to protect the White House: why not our schools and colleges?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...nois/17777089/

The following statement is MY opinion, and MY opinion only:

"Good and Evil will always exist in the world .... Light against Darkness. Until it is ended ... and it will be one day."

End of my opinion. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A suggestion on protection in the schools and colleges:

Why not use Dogs, Dogs and more Dogs? Guard Dogs - German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Dobermans, etc? They can be trained to attack the "gun" and "hand/arm" that holds the guns. They're quick to act, and won't let go no matter what, even if they're shot.

Your thoughts?

People are afraid of dogs and people are allergic. Not saying it's a bad idea, just the two thoughts I had.

[video=twitter;650389482223575040]https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/650389482223575040[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu