CONVICTION OVERTURNED MD - Hae Min Lee, 17, Baltimore, 13 Jan 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, this reddit debate has become an obsession between agroup of people on reddit against the Undisclosed & SD podcasts people.They’ve made it personal. It’s gone so far beyond Hae & Adnan and I don’tthink they even care about them or the case anymore!
Undisclosed are professional people really involved in thecase. Their findings may actually be used in the case. The reddit group is not. There is a switch nowfrom ‘did Adnan do it’ to a full on mission against Rabia, Susan, Colin &Bob. Instead of debating about the case, it’s become let’s prove them wrong!
Now we have threats to post the crime scene photos, not forinfo on the case, but to prove the Undisclosed group are liars. JMO

Well that explains why I always smell adrenaline and melodrama in this thread after you WSers who also read at The-Site-That-Shall-Not-Be-Linked visit there and then pop back in here and update the rest of us. :)

For anyone interested, Susan Simpson created a model of the crime scene photos and posted them on her blog. http://viewfromll2.com/2015/09/30/what-the-crime-scene-photographs-show/

Of course, what you take from the model depends on whether you trust her representation of the crime scene.

But, to her credit, she thoroughly explains the differences between the model and the crime scene photos, and she explains the small details that would have been impossible to recreate. You can tell she put a lot of work into it, and I commend her for that.

Thanks, cujenn81. She did an excellent job of sifting through all of the angles, as non-offensively as one could. Kudos to SS for that.

Those pressure marks are curious... First I was thinking the double mark on the right shoulder would correlate with the shoulder I wear a backpack on since I'm a lefty, or a shoulder strap if I was sitting on the passenger side of a car, like if someone just came up to me and grabbed the most readily-available strap near my head. But waitasec... those occurred during the process of lividity, is that correct? They are from something she was laying on? I need to go re-read more closely. My reading comprehension is never quite 100 percent until I have had more than cuppa. :cup:

Well that explains why I always smell adrenaline and melodrama in this thread after you WSers who also read at The-Site-That-Shall-Not-Be-Linked visit there and then pop back in here and update the rest of us. :)

It's one of the most dramatic stories that I've watched unfold online, in real time. It's actually more interesting than the original podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I'm not sure what that means. I'm not understanding, sorry. I was giving my opinion on what I see happening. A fight to prove Undisclosed are liars has resulted in a public person not associated with the case getting crime scene pics just to prove Undisclosed are liars. To me, it's gone so far from debating about the case. I haven't posted anything of adrenaline & melodrama. Just my opinion. ???
I listened to Bob's SD & he said this was what seemed to be happening.

Not directed at you personally MissHaley, and it was intended merely as a general observation to add some levity to this forum. The energy that y'all carry over to here is... palpable.
Sorry if you interpreted it otherwise. Just random commentary from someone HERE who hasn't been THERE. Yet.

I have only been following this case for... 4 weeks?

Aleph, that's fascinating. It is so very different LIVING the case than it is playing catch-up. I have missed out on a lot!

ETA: I am a geoscientist, so I try to weigh all incoming info without bias to derive my own opinion. I get involved in groundwater rights litigation quite a bit, and can't bow down to the spin. I have to stick to the science: no judgment, just analysis. Okay, I'm going to STFU now and let others post.

Not directed at you personally MissHaley, and it was intended merely as a general observation to add some levity to this forum. The energy that y'all carry over to here is... palpable.
Sorry if you interpreted it otherwise. Just random commentary from someone HERE who hasn't been THERE. Yet.

I have only been following this case for... 4 weeks?

Aleph, that's fascinating. It is so very different LIVING the case than it is playing catch-up. I have missed out on a lot!

OK, thanks. I was confused. You assumed that I was a poster there. Not sure why by me expressing an opinion about what they are fighting about gives you the impression that I am from 'over there'-while saying you haven't been there? So how can you determine from an opinion that I'm from over there? I'm sure many people aren't from over there have independent opinions without being 'over there'.

I'm not a member over there, nor do I post there. I read Rabia, Susan's & Colin's blogs & they have mentioned the postings over there & they have links to specific threads that they were talking about. Undisclosed also has their own sub over there that they discuss & answer questions. Bob at SD in last episode also talked about it.

Seeing that Undisclosed having to respond to an anonymous poster who only got crime scene photos to prove them wrong-about how poor Hae is buried-is very outrageous to me. That's just my own opinion, which is not energy I carry over from there, because I'm not there & have my own feelings- without having to go over there- I read the Undisclosed blogs & that is what I'm basing my opinion on.

MissHaley,
Honestly, I think I was absent the day we learned about the social nuances of reddit v Undisclosed blog readers. ;) Thanks for the enlightenment. This thread has quite the learning curve.

I spent my lunch reading SS blog from yesterday and then looked at all kinds of carpet, tile, rugs, mats, metal grating, belts, etc images trying to match something to Hae's pressure marks. The way the tips of the diamonds overlap is the part that I couldn't match to anything and I looked at so many patterns. Hmm.

MOO Susan's spin on the fibers found at the scene seemed a bit obtuse to me. But hey, that's what lawyer's get paid to do (spin in their client's best interest). One report gave luminesced colors, the other did not, and color is a subjective property to describe. When we have more than one person describe soil samples or drill cuttings, we use a Munsell chart, which is a chart of color swatches so you can match your sample to a published soil color code. Otherwise, if you have three people describing the color of the same sample, you will likely get three answers. So it goes.

MOO Susan's spin on the fibers found at the scene seemed a bit obtuse to me. But hey, that's what lawyer's get paid to do (spin in their client's best interest). One report gave luminesced colors, the other did not, and color is a subjective property to describe. When we have more than one person describe soil samples or drill cuttings, we use a Munsell chart, which is a chart of color swatches so you can match your sample to a published soil color code. Otherwise, if you have three people describing the color of the same sample, you will likely get three answers. So it goes.

Snipped by me...

I thought the exact same thing about the fibers at the crime scene! I was/still am fairly confused about it, but that's not really saying much. Science was never my strong suit and I'm not very familiar with the process of examining trace evidence.

I've seen the fibers referred to as red in some places, and I've seen them described as orange in others. More than once I've thought... so which is it? Red or orange? Maybe they were orangey-red or reddish-orange. Who knows? I haven't heard the fibers described as pink though, so that was news to me.

MissHaley,
Honestly, I think I was absent the day we learned about the social nuances of reddit v Undisclosed blog readers. ;) Thanks for the enlightenment. This thread has quite the learning curve.

Snipped.

Well, I was confused why you would assume I was from 'over there' by me stating an opinion. 'The energy that y'all carry over to here is... palpable. " It wasn't a correct statement to make about me. I'm not talking about social nuances either. I was trying to explain my opinions are not from sub reddit which for some reason you assumed they were. That's all.

Miss Haley, don't let people gaslight you.

I don't post at Reddit because any forum with subs that encourage people to post up skirt photos of teenagers is not one I want my IP address associated with.

But thanks for assuming all sorts of things about the people you post with here, Watergirl.

MissHaley,

Snipped.

Well, I was confused why you would assume I was from 'over there' by me stating an opinion. 'The energy that y'all carry over to here is... palpable. " It wasn't a correct statement to make about me. I'm not talking about social nuances either. I was trying to explain my opinions are not from sub reddit which for some reason you assumed they were. That's all.

I have made all the clarification that I am going to make. Got it.

Miss Haley, don't let people gaslight you.

I don't post at Reddit because any forum with subs that encourage people to post up skirt photos of teenagers is not one I want my IP address associated with.

But thanks for assuming all sorts of things about the people you post with here, Watergirl.

Exhibit A?

I may have misidentified the source of where WSers read about this case elsewhere since it comes up so often by name second to the podcasts. My ignorance of social nuance being that some were insulted because I erroneously assumed people read at site A who actually read at site B.

I have owned it and I have made my apologies, more than once. It doesn't change my initial observation, or the fact that it was meant facetiously. If you want to get torqued about it based upon your own false assumptions, that's your choice. I'm here for the case, not the drama. I choose my battles, and I promise you, this ain't one of them. End.
:deadhorse:

Adnan's room was seriously gross, huh?!

...I thought he had pretty strict parents? I wonder what the rest of the house looked like?

I'm dreading my boy turning into a teenager and the squalor that awaits me. 😕

Boarding school. I'll send him to boarding school! I cannot with all that!

Exhibit A?

I may have misidentified the source of where WSers read about this case elsewhere since it comes up so often by name second to the podcasts. My ignorance of social nuance being that some were insulted because I erroneously assumed people read at site A who actually read at site B.

I have owned it and I have made my apologies, more than once. It doesn't change my initial observation, or the fact that it was meant facetiously. If you want to get torqued about it based upon your own false assumptions, that's your choice. I'm here for the case, not the drama. I choose my battles, and I promise you, this ain't one of them. End.
:deadhorse:

You sound very calm and reasonable.

I don't see how a teenage boy having a messy room, being bright and not always driven, or being confused over a breakup makes a killer. I don't see "Adnan stalked Hae. Adnan followed Hae on dates." So what if he got a little sad and hormonal over a teenage breakup? Who hasn't?

I'm not judging this by anything other than evidence. I don't think there's enough evidence proving Adnan killed Hae. All I see is people clinging to anything to prove their point.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

This should definitely NOT be considered a reliable source for case info. Errors abound.

Hmmm I have not found any errors. Seems like factual parts of witness statements that are included in the big MPIA file dump. And I don't think anyone here said or would even think that having a filthy room and house makes one a killer.

I'm curious if anyone listened to the latest Undisclosed podcast? A lady who works with some type of prison program in OH listened to Serial with the prisoners there and then recorded their thoughts about it.

It was rather interesting. But it made me wonder who Pete/Peter is? One of them mentioned his name... someone Jay called that day but he was never interviewed or questioned by the police, or the defense. One guy thought he was involved somehow. I don't even remember hearing about anyone with that name. But, I read back over Jay's 2nd interview transcript today and he does mention someone named Pete very briefly. Do any of y'all remember him or know what the deal is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks