Israel Keyes: General Discussion

It was in the audio interviews. It was during the discussion of the burglary in Aledo. Im pretty sure he said he parked in the driveway and burglarized the house as it was still too early for the banks to open. He said it was a hoarders house and he thought they were out of town or out of the country because of something on their calender i think. He spent a while rummaging through the hoard mess looking for valuables. He said he only found some fur coats. Then he focused on burning the house down. He opened all the windows and the attic door. Then he took some of the clothes piles and made a trail of clothes through the house and poured gas on the clothes and set the house (and the detached garage) on fire and left, forgetting the fur coats. Then he said he posted up somewhere a little bit away and watched the huge fire and "lost track of time". I wonder now if he stopped at the house initially to raid their garage for gas for jimmy tidwells truck? I remember from the map view that the garage was set a ways away from the house. Google map 219 east terrace court aledo texas. The garage pad is in the top left of the property a little bit away from the house. There is a youtube video of the fire btw, search "aledo vfd" 2-16-2012

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I recall reading about that on that blog about Keyes that seemed to disappear from the web. I guess I'm gonna have to watch the interviews again when I get the chance. That white noise in the background is gonna drive me nuts though, lol.

"Parked in the driveway...That sounds brazen" Keyes wasn't brazen imo

I guess near the end he was getting brazen. That sounds like a dumb thing he would do though, even though he even admitted he was getting dumb near the end of his spree as well.

I don't intent to argue with you. I just believe that he was more of a coward, like a wild animal. The kind that would run off into the "deep dark" woods where he felt safe. I think he was a country runner who felt safe in the woods. If **** went down during a crime he would just ditch everything and run away. So if he did a burglary or robbery or kidnapping I think he would do it on foot or in a stolen car. And if at any point during the crime someone showed up he would just sprint away. So i assume he did bank jobs in stolen cars or on foot. And if at any point it got crazy he'd just run away. Personal effects are a liability during the commission of crimes.

I THINK ISRAEL KEYES KILLED THOMAS WALES. I'm 84% sure. Maybe 91%. 'Gidget' was a reference to Marilyn Manson band mate Gidget Gein in FLA who cleaned up crime scenes. The post mark on the gidget letter was meant to look like a skid mark between the two stamps, old tech trumps new tech(check it out). Keyes testified against the Kehoes in 97 or 98, they were both far righters from colville and Keyes helped sell/gunshow their ill gotten booty. Why else did the keyes-kehoe connection stop making the news? Coverup! Keyes was given a good old boy second chance in 97/98 and moved from Washington to Maine. Keyes said in 2012 that he has been "two different people" for "14 years". I guess he used this whole OK CITY to his advantage. Keyes jogged along with Wales gf Marlis Dejong in seattle in 2001? Keyes and Wales' killer both used silencers. The line in the gidget letter about being between work matches Keyes life (being between the army and tribe work). Keyes and the gidget author both liked true crime detective novels. But the biggest point to me is that a local near Keyes NY cabin facebooked that the Marshalls had come asking about the family years before, I never had the Marshalls ask about me, how about you?

Ps Wales' reward is a million bucks right?

I'm about 85% in the opposite direction--that Keyes did NOT kill Tom Wales--but I don't think it's out of the question. The connections are weird and definitely worth looking into.

Also, unrelated question: a few pages back in this thread, someone mentioned two women that disappeared in a Washington state park in 06 or 07... Does anyone know who they were talking about? I can't find any information on that, either on here or elsewhere online.

Yep, this thread was dead until I woke it up 4 days ago. You are right about that. So let's pretend then that you are real, why then are you 85% sure he didn't kill Tom Wales? Explain please.

<modsnip>

I'm not 100% sure who you're talking about, check Washington state Namus for women who went missing around the same dates between 2001-06. I don't have access to my list.

On another note while making my "list" months (and months and months) there were 2 men that disappeared while in their boat during that time frame, and there were also some people I was looking into because they went missing (on, or after) a scheduled cruise. I thought that was interesting knowing that IK went on a few cruises.

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

I THINK ISRAEL KEYES KILLED THOMAS WALES. I'm 84% sure. Maybe 91%. 'Gidget' was a reference to Marilyn Manson band mate Gidget Gein in FLA who cleaned up crime scenes. The post mark on the gidget letter was meant to look like a skid mark between the two stamps, old tech trumps new tech(check it out). Keyes testified against the Kehoes in 97 or 98, they were both far righters from colville and Keyes helped sell/gunshow their ill gotten booty. Why else did the keyes-kehoe connection stop making the news? Coverup! Keyes was given a good old boy second chance in 97/98 and moved from Washington to Maine. Keyes said in 2012 that he has been "two different people" for "14 years". I guess he used this whole OK CITY to his advantage. Keyes jogged along with Wales gf Marlis Dejong in seattle in 2001? Keyes and Wales' killer both used silencers. The line in the gidget letter about being between work matches Keyes life (being between the army and tribe work). Keyes and the gidget author both liked true crime detective novels. But the biggest point to me is that a local near Keyes NY cabin facebooked that the Marshalls had come asking about the family years before, I never had the Marshalls ask about me, how about you?

Ps Wales' reward is a million bucks right?

I'm very interested in the OKC bombing connection as that's my hometown. I've been to the memorial site once after reading of the possible IK/K bro's connection, it made my blood run cold thinking that he may have had a hand in that. On Thomas Wales, I also read an article saying that part of the gun use was believed to be custom. I'm almost positive I read here wayyy back in the thread that IK did the same thing to his guns. (Ie; building weapons using pieces of other weapons, or ordered pieces.)

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

Would any of you happen to know off hand when the Amygydala is supposed to be released?

It doesn't seem to fit the known information about Keyes' murders, especially in that time frame. If he was somehow in cahoots with the Kehoes and they hired him for this as a hit, that's different and definitely something I could see him doing, but that's into conspiracy theory territory deep enough that I wouldn't give it any more than 15%. I also don't think the sketch looks that much like him, although it's close enough that he can't be entirely ruled out.

I will concede for sure that the all caps handwriting between the Gidget letter and the suicide note looks like an almost dead-on match.

Questions about your breakdown of the Wales connection:
-Did Keyes FOR SURE testify against the Kehoes in 97/98? I know he knew them, but didn't know about testifying against them.
-What did you mean by "I guess he used this whole OK CITY to his advantage"? Edit: I see now it's to do with the OKC bombing, got it.
-Why so certain about Gidget being a reference to Gidget Gein, and what exactly does that have to do with Keyes?

To be clear, I'm fine agreeing to disagree, and I'm certainly not trying/hoping to convince you that Keyes didn't kill Wales. It's a possibility no doubt, I just don't really feel it.

I tried messaging you, it said your box was full. I'd rather not chat it out in public.

The Kehoes didn't "hire" him to kill Wales, he did that on his own after getting out of the army in the summer of 2001. He DOES look like the Wales composite, I disagree about you with that. And as far as the testifying, there was a teenager who testified against the Kehoes after being caught with a gun in 97, sean Michael haines, and I wonder sometimes if he is a real person

Gotcha. I guess I don't see why, if he was trying to kill people on the DL, he would start it out with a federal prosecutor. I mean it could have been random and he was just really unlucky in his choice of victim, but if not, do you have a theory on why he would target Wales?

To me he kind of looks like the composite, I sort of see it, but to me it's nowhere near the likeness of the Boca Raton sketch.

If you want to PM me it should be clear now, fire away.

Also, random but related thought: If Keyes truly wanted to get the death penalty after getting caught, I feel like admitting to killing Tom Wales would be a good place to start that process, if in fact he did it.

It's a double edged sword. Wales killing was too high profile to admit to. He didn't want to be hi pro fi. He wanted to vanish, admitting to wales would be counterproductive. There are only 2 instances actually attributed to him. One, where he was on camera, and two the curriers, where it was obvious to anyone to access to his cc history.

But enough about this perv. I have beer and music that needs tending to.

I'm about 85% in the opposite direction--that Keyes did NOT kill Tom Wales--but I don't think it's out of the question. The connections are weird and definitely worth looking into.

Also, unrelated question: a few pages back in this thread, someone mentioned two women that disappeared in a Washington state park in 06 or 07... Does anyone know who they were talking about? I can't find any information on that, either on here or elsewhere online.

bbm: Have you tried looking through the IK thread about possible victims in the Pacific Northwest?

Here's the link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?220899-Pacific-Northwest

Thanks Backwoods, yes I've read the PNW thread.

I've read just about every post period in the IK sub-forum; I'm not trying to come in here blind asking questions that have been addressed ad nauseam without doing my homework.

Please don't take my statement as "confrontational", it absolutely is not meant to be, I just realize I popped in here kinda suddenly and want to be clear that I see due diligence as a basic piece of respectfulness when entering into a forum with YEARS of pre-existing time and effort plugged into it.

I'll post more specifically where I'm coming from on the matter of the maybe-disappeared women in the PNW thread, which, in retrospect, is probably where I shoulda posted to begin with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back