Found Deceased TX - Leah Martin, 22, Graham, 29 May 2015 *Arrests*

Correction: After researching more about this, it looks to me that ME actually go to the site of remains. Does anyone know this for a fact?

I educated myself! A coroner and medical examiner are usually one of the same and they do play an investigative role as well as ID, DNA, order autopsy, coordinate with LE and family, pronounced deceased, etc and they start out at a salary of approximately $48,000, way way too low! http://work.chron.com/coroner-scene-crime-10438.html

They certainly may have. I just didn't think at that stage they would have been able to see a ring line and didn't remember her having one on that night. I'm not fully aware of things exchanged between LE and her father.

I remember it seemed like it took them forever to identify her after they found her on Hellams property. Everyone was expecting them to identify her within a day or two, and it seemed like it dragged on for at least a week or more.....possibly even a couple of weeks. I remember it very clearly because her family went ahead and held a memorial service even though the cops wouldn't give them a positive I.D., because some of the family had to travel out of state or overseas and couldn't wait around any longer.

Maybe it was during that lull in the I.D. process that LE spoke with Leah's parents to gather information that might help to positively identify her. I'm not sure why the ME would have made specific reference to the ring being missing in the autopsy report, but there's bound to be a reason for it. I never understood why they couldn't have just compared dental records and ID'd her within a day or two........but there I go again......being logical.

Dragging her family out for days on end seemed cruel to me then, and it still does.

Discovery on 8/5/15; ID 8/13/15; Release of body 8/19/15; autopsy 9/17/15

Every morning I log on to this thread........ hoping the title has been revised to this:

TX - Leah Donnice Martin, 22, Graham, 29 May 2015 - ***ARRESTS (6)***

Discovery on 8/5/15; ID 8/13/15; Release of body 8/19/15; autopsy findings announced 9/17/15

Colored text added by me...

Thanks for the dates, LES. I can't seem to find the actual date of the autopsy but I think it's worth noting that 9/17 was when the findings were announced not when the autopsy was performed.

Colored text added by me...

Thanks for the dates, LES. I can't seem to find the actual date of the autopsy but I think it's worth noting that 9/17 was when the findings were announced not when the autopsy was performed.

Actually all the dates were the dates family was informed, we received the autopsy (results) on 9/17/15 as did the general public.

Actually all the dates were the dates family was informed, we received the autopsy (results) on 9/17/15 as did the general public.

I see. Thanks for clarifying!

Does anyone have a rundown of dates yet to add to this as far as the investigation known findings that are public like date that BM confessed, date gun turned in, etc? I'm wondering if the ring was found at shop connecting EC. There's obviously a good reason this was noted in the report.

Has there been a dollar amount published on what he is trying to get the bail reduced down to ?

I would imagine he's going to try and put his home and some land up for collateral, or something along those lines. Obviously, I hope the judge doesn't go along with it.

We believe he has sold some trucks and a car collection. IMO if he is able to bond out, he is a flight risk. I have no knowledge of the amount of bail he is requesting.

No just meant, it was reported a ring was removed. How do they know that?
First, I'd like to express my sympathy for you and your family, LES. What happened is truly horrible. I've been thinking about your question since you asked. A lot. I can't think of anything other than the theories that were presented here. (Except, perhaps, a photo taken at graduation of which we're not aware.) Do you yourself have any theories on how they know a ring was "removed from the middle finger of one hand?" Sorry to even ask questions that bring up graphic mental images, but we are all so very interested in seeing *complete* justice for Leah.

First, I'd like to express my sympathy for you and your family, LES. What happened is truly horrible. I've been thinking about your question since you asked. A lot. I can't think of anything other than the theories that were presented here. (Except, perhaps, a photo taken at graduation of which we're not aware.) Do you yourself have any theories on how they know a ring was "removed from the middle finger of one hand?" Sorry to even ask questions that bring up graphic mental images, but we are all so very interested in seeing *complete* justice for Leah.

First let me thank you for your concern. In answer to your question; I sat right beside Leah during graduation, I don't remember seeing a ring. She normally didn't wear one, so the theroy that there could have been wear lines on her finger, to me, doesn't apply. Ive looked at pictures and can see the shadow of her left hand under Averie but it is not clear if there is a ring. The other hand is not visible. Thus my question, who removed the ring? How could they know it had been removed?

E.C. Blair doesn't like sitting in jail, eh ?? Maybe he should have thought about all of that before he had his goons help kill the mother of his grandchild. Getting a bail reduction is like a small band-aid on a huge wound.

Best I can tell, he's pretty much going to be sitting in jail for the rest of his life.......might as well settle in and get used to it. Make some friends, join a help group, maybe do a little dating............welcome home EC.

Dear Websleuths Members,

Please welcome LES to our forum.

LES is a verified family member of Leah-Donnice-Martin. This means LES can post information without backing it up with a link. It is up to you whether to believe what LES posts. However, I have no reason to doubt her honesty.

LES, on behalf of Websleuths I am so sorry for the loss of Leah. Hopefully, coming to Websleuths will help heal your heart just a little bit.

LES told me we need to breath some life into this thread. So please pass the thread link around on your Facebook page or any social media for that matter.

Take care,
Tricia

[h=1][/h]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member