Try Reveal's new tool to search missing/unidentified databases!

I'll try how you are doing it, could be I'm are using too wide of a range when searching.

:tyou:

Hey there! Since this just pulls data from NamUs, there is not yet data from other countries – just the U.S.

You're very welcome. We're glad to help.

Hey there! We've passed this feedback on to our data team. In the meantime, please do send us the url to any matches you're having issues with. Thanks!

Thank you.
Subscribing and Following

This tool is really neat! It's close to a pet project I've been doing. I've been slowly compiling a spreadsheet of missing people from NamUs that is searchable by the Find tool. (i.e. for appendix scars, I search my database for "append" and appendix, appendectomy, and other variations come up) This is helpful with things like scars, clothing, jewelry, etc. So the technology is way less cool but may have a bit of a finer tip. I'm only up to 1979 of missing women. I started this just to make my own searches a little easier but does anyone know if something like this already exists for web sleuthers? Or is this something anyone could use? Like I said, I'm still in the early processes, but it's constantly being updated little by little.

This is pretty ding dang helpful! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread! My only suggestion would be to add more search parameters (height and weight, hair and eye colors) because when I'm trying to match a UID who's 4'11", I'm not fond of having to go to each individual case, scroll down, and see their height and realize that it's way off. But, really, it's so nice having them side-by-side and rolled into a golden egg of easily navigated information.

Can this be removed since it is no longer active?

Greetings, Web Sleuths! Byard Duncan here, community manager at Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting.

I wanted to let you know that we've created a new web tool that we think will help the public (and you folks specifically) more easily find matches between the federal "missing" and "unidentified" databases. We're calling it "The Lost & The Found."

Here's the link for the tool: http://ow.ly/RHrzf

And we've written up an explanation of how to use it: FAQ: Tips on using our searchable database | Reveal

We'd love to get your feedback. If you have questions, or an idea about how to improve it, we're all ears. Drop me a note here on the forum, or write me at bduncan@cironline.org. I'll be listening closely here and reporting back immediately to our data visualization team with any and all feedback from the Web Sleuths.

Thanks so much for taking a look.

Unfortunately the UID that I thought most closely resembled my MP cousin had already been ruled out. One of the two that they've matched his DNA against in Oregon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back