Found Deceased KY - Whitney Copley, 24, Dunnville, 30 Sept 2015

They are out searching for Whitney again today and they have canines out also. (One of her sisters has LE ties - plus obviously the family history - and so it seems like they're getting a whole lot of help and support as a result)

Also a few of the sisters are now naming names of who she was last seen with, and others linking or reposting the post of the grandmother of Whitney's daughter, as she has named all three also.

The names are two males and a female, two of whom are very obviously FB friends with Whitney. The third doesn't appear to, but there has been mention of them making things private, so he may have been as well.

Also, the youngest sister now has access to Whitney's FB and it looks like they may try posting there hoping to bring pressure on the three she was with that way, as well.

Also, Whitney has not just one daughter, but actually two.

And her poor sisters don't need the loss of yet another family member or more family tragedy.

The one who raised Whitney and her sister after their mom was killed, especially, has so many heartbreaking posts around the anniversary of the murder every year, and it's quickly approaching. :(

Which picture is a more recent photo? the one where she looks like she was up all night or the fresh faced one?

Yes the two photos are confusing. Because it doesnt look like the same person. I wouldnt know who to look for.

Which picture is a more recent photo? the one where she looks like she was up all night or the fresh faced one?

I believe the ones with the darker hair - including the main photo in a few of the articles with the bright blue background - are older pictures.

Through sleuthing through pics on her the various FB pages of all her sisters, her hair was far darker awhile ago. And I believe that bright blue background one is an ID type photo from something that is what's on record which is why it's the one with the articles in many cases.

I ::think:: this is the most recent one of those posted - as there's one of her looking pretty similar with her daughter, and based on other photos of the daughter, I believe her age to be within the last 3-6 months maybe.

Assuming my sleuthing is correct, Whitney's hair color and general appearance are the most similar to this one (and her hair was long enough to mostly be up with just some just below chin length long layers in the front)

10366158_819974954735238_772897019093806752_n.jpg

If she ever doubted it, Whitney will know by the end of this (assuming she's found alive) how very much her sisters (half, step, full) love her!

The determination and dedication they're showing, and the devastation that's evident, as well, is remarkable.

After far too many cases where we don't see family ever saying anything or ever getting out there themselves, this is one instance where one can't say anything about the commitment this family is showing to their missing family member.

They've hardly been sleeping but are up searching, planning, worrying, or praying, nearly around the clock.

The sister who's been one of the least vocal said that just this weekend alone she's had over 200 messages from people.

The sister who raised Whitney after her mom was murdered switched careers and now works with the EMS, and has a lot of LE friends and so she's rallied a lot of good help that way.

They've been out on horseback today - including with LE - searching more areas, and there are some still pressuring the people she had last been known to have been with who still aren't willing to talk.

However, the 2 guys are now in jail and the female is in violation of her parole, so maybe LE will be able to get the guys, at least, to talk.

This is the second article I've seen where at least one sister references Whitney in past tense and sounding fearful that the outcome isn't going to be favorable and more in terms of wanting to bring her home and have answers.

I'm guessing after what they saw earlier in life with the mom being murdered by her husband probably has something to do with that, along with the people Whitney was last with not being willing to say anything. :(

<snip>

"She had two young girls. One is 7 and ones 2. At this point I have one of them and my twin sister Lisa has the other and you know, the 7 year old just wants to know where her mom is," said Copley's older sister, Teresa Meyer.

Meyer had custody of Copley from the time she was 14 until she turned 18. She lived with her until age 22.

<snip>

She goes on to say that Whitney had been living with her (Teresa's) twin, Lisa, at the time.

Whitney left Lisa's with a couple of outfits on the 28th and said she was going out with friends and just never came back (from a video I heard it sounded to me like they thought she was going out for the night and wasn't sure what she was wearing more than going out and intending to not be home for a few days)

"On the 30th, my nephew, my brother in law and my other younger sister received private messages through Facebook and one of them just said 'hey' and another one was like 'what are you doing, I really need to talk to you'. They all responded to her, the first one was at 11:03 and the others were like 11:10, they all responded like I said and she never opened them or they were never read," Meyer told WBKO.

Meyer said they cannot call her.

"When she left she did not have a phone with her, so the messages were sent either on someone else's phone or they were on a computer somewhere," said Meyer.

<snip>

More on the little they know from the last night in a separate post.

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/...-County-woman-332267652.html?device=phone&c=y

As far as that last night (when she had sent those messages but never saw any of the replies for any of the family who replied around 11-ish):

"We do know that on the night of September 30th Whitney was seen at a residence on 1611 in Eli, Kentucky with 3 people we were told," Meyer said.

The family believes two of those with Whitney the night of her disappearance were Josh Wilkey and Christopher Woodall.

Both are now in the Russell County Jail, Wilkey for a probation violation and Woodall for serving a bench warrant.

The other name of the person she was last with that I've not seen in MSM so obviously can't post is the female's name (who doesn't use her last name on FB, though it's there in the various posts by her sisters).

I had been looking at all their backgrounds and jail records since the names had been floating around FB very easy to find - I'm a little surprised they're now in MSM!

They're not really sure what happened after that, only pieces of it:

"She left there and they headed back toward Casey County. We don't know what they did at that point or what time that was actually, but what we do know is that around 4:30 the two boys that she was with showed up at Dog Walk Market, their car had broken down, had a flat tire, actually had ran off the road maybe and messed the wheel up and the two boys were seen on camera there but she was not with them so sometime during that night something happened," Meyer explained.

A cashier at Dog Walk Market confirmed 2 men being at the gas station when they opened October 1st, with a flat tire.

KSP isn't ruling anything out so far, and family/friends are searching alongside LE.

LE is saying every scenario is in play until she's found.

"Please contact KSP because we're desperate," Meyer urged.

Investigator's are looking for any information regarding the possibility of someone seeing anything out of the ordinary, in the Dunnville area, regarding vehicles off road or in secluded areas or persons on the night of Wednesday, September 30th or the early hours of Thursday morning, October 1st.

Landowners in the Dunnville area are encouraged to check their properties for anything suspicious.

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/...-County-woman-332267652.html?device=phone&c=y

This is the other place they reference her possibly not being alive anymore (in the video) and needing closure if she's dead or finding her if she's still out there.

Right now, the family says they're in desperate need of either closure or a miracle.

"If anybody knows anything, or has any idea what may have happened or where she might be if she's still out there we beg you to let us know," said Meyer.

The clip was actually the lead story in their local news the other night, so that's good.

Plus it's nice to see a little of where they're searching, which apparently isn't the easiest:

Search crews from both Casey and Russell counties showed up, state troopers and plenty of concerned family and friends began their search where they believe she was last seen.

So far, their difficult search today has turned up nothing.

"There's a lot of farmland a lot of soybean fields and they are terrible to walk through and there's a lot of creek bottoms down through here," said Meyer.

http://www.lex18.com/clip/11912767/search-underway-for-missing-russell-county-woman

Man these sisters are determined to try anything to get Whitney home!

And they seem to have a good 'strategy' of doing things in steps so they can get media attention each time.

Now they've offered a reward (there's also a video interview w/ the oldest sister again in this article)

A reward is now being offered for information in the case of a missing Russell County woman.

A $5000 reward is being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Whitney Copley.

I suspect they'll up it in a few days if nothing changes.

Also, the third person who had been with Whitney right before she was last seen is now also in jail.

They're all being hauled in on other charges, but...interesting they all just happened to be taken in on things that had been outstanding long before this, yet it's happening after it.

This third one is the female and she's the one they seem to really want LE to be able to talk to. Not sure if that's b/c they think she might crack or if she's said something that they got wind of that makes them think she may be the key.

http://www.lex18.com/story/30257656...?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_LEX_18

The rally of help from local friends/family continues it seems and KSP has been overhead in helicopters (though it sounds like most think the foliage is too thick to see much from as high up as they'd be).

Search trained family friends were out in kayaks down the river and they're bringing down a group of 9-10, at least, tomorrow with full gear, a flat-bottom boat with more gear/supplies apparently, and at least one or two divers in case they're needed. They're taking off in the area of the Dogwalk Market (where the two guys went shortly after Whitney was last seen - one of whom is now back out of jail).

They're taking off in multiple places for ground searches on foot, on horse, ATV, and other 4-wheelers, as well. They're leaving from Industrial Park in Liberty it sounds like for that (and sending people out from there).

McDonald's (Russell Springs) is providing breakfast for everyone, and a church is providing lunch for all searchers.

Based on some of what I read on FB (so rumor) I think I get why the family is not feeling optimistic about the outcome.

Praying they find Whitney or the three individuals do some more talking in some form and that leads to answers.

This is so sad.

I used to live about a half an hour from there and currently live about an hour and a half away. I have been through Dog Walk numerous times and used to remark on the unusual name. Casey county is a very pretty, very hilly area.

It does seem like there have been a lot of people going missing in my state lately.

My prayers are with the family.

Family of missing Russell County woman, raises reward for her safe return
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/...r-safe-return-338517312.html?device=phone&c=y

I'm glad they did something to get it back in MSM...

I've been following these poor sisters and not updating b/c I can't say anything since it's all from their pages and nothing back in the news.

So I've just been :( watching their heartbreak and frustration and torment.

There have been hints at why they are so confident that Whitney won't be coming home alive at this point, but so frustrated they just can't get help getting her home period!

It's really a horrible one to watch.

Hopefully upping the reward will get the media back on it and them able to try to put pressure on individuals again since LE hasn't done more than the hauling them in at various points on other charges thing.

Reward Now Larger For Missing Russell County Woman

A reward being offered for information in the case of a missing Russell County woman is now larger.

A $6000 reward is being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Whitney Copley.

Copley's family initially offered a $5000 reward and recently, an anonymous donor added an additional $1000 to the reward.

http://www.lex18.com/story/30403964/anonymous-donor-to-reward-money-for-missing-woman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back