More WTC remains found

I notice in the article it says:

Some victims' family members said forensic experts should search the 41-story building again.

That seems to indicate the forensic experts had already searched once before, along with the Fire Dept. I wonder why they did not find what the construction workers found. I'm just guessing maybe they were very small bones found mixed in with the gravel.

At least hopefully this will help identify more of the missing and bring their families some answers at last.

I don't understand. Was this a place that hadn't been searched before? I find it hard to believe that if it was searched that remains as large as a leg or arm wasn't found.

I have never been to NY, but I am guessing that this was such a huge area and huge collapse, that the sheer force has scattered remains all over(the subways, sewers, drains, etc.) - not being insensitive on purpose. Unless every square inch was searched in a certain radius, I am afraid more will be found over the years.

The latest find was in a MANHOLE. I'm sorry, but these remains will be popping up sporadically around the downtown area for years to come IMO. I don't see that as the fault of anyone. It's just an unfortunate situation.

Masterj said:
The latest find was in a MANHOLE. I'm sorry, but these remains will be popping up sporadically around the downtown area for years to come IMO. I don't see that as the fault of anyone. It's just an unfortunate situation.
You are right.Impossible to look everywhere.Sad for families but at least some will have found some pieceof a loved one. Very heartbreaking.

kazzbar said:
You are right.Impossible to look everywhere.Sad for families but at least some will have found some pieceof a loved one. Very heartbreaking.
I just heard on the news tonight that they have been searching various manholes since the initial find, and have so far found 100 remains.

Hi Masterj,

Gees, I wonder why they would end up in manholes? Is it being inferred that these bodies were washed down into the sewer or water system and ended up somehow lodged beneath many different manholes?

How does that work? It makes no sense to me?

Scandi

Well I just have to say that with the title of the thread and the headlines in the news this week saying that more WTC remains have been found,I thought that blueclouds was posting again.

I did not look at the date of the first post until after reading the thread again.(because it is current news story)

So tragic. I don't even have words.

I think its impossible to find all of the remains..think of any tribe that was wiped out in the past...we are still coming upon bones from hundreds of years ago. It wont be any different with this situation..while very disturbing, its not preventable nor anyones fault.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back