GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

It is early and the DPD have done great keeping evidence tight so far .... at some point they may release information in small amounts to lead to a suspect.

In fact, anyone coming out to the park this evening .. keep in mind NOT to post anything police or family may share in our efforts this evening. Do whats asked and until they release information do not post or reveal whatever is they are wanting assistance with.

Also for this afternoon, sensible shoes ... water .... bug spray ... driver's licenses or ID so planners know who we are in helping with the canvassing.

And I am giving advice from my own past experiences .... not specific to anything I have been told about this case. Just some structure to being able to offer this family some assistance.

Thank you,

Kathy

I thought that LE wanted assistance in going door-to-door asking people to check their home security video footage. Is that what happened today?

Yes about a hundred people canvassed the area last night. But the flyer was asking only those adjacent to where she was found for additional camera or surveillance .... other streets just were asked if any knowledge or saw anything that Sunday the 11th until she was found Monday morning.

My daughter and I spoke to probably 20 homes and 4-5 people walking dogs.

LE said in last press conference they had done it on tues & weds and then family organized group expanded that last night.

Let's hope & pray they are focusing on a suspect and getting close to an arrest.

Kathy

A few thoughts: DId she break up with a boyfriend because she was soon going on her mission? Was she killed and then put in the van which was pushed down a cliff to make it look like she was in an accident? Both would indicate an old boyfriend. That or someone joined her in the van at Walgreen's.

I wonder if LE has verified if there was a church class. I wonder what kind of class she was going to be attending. LDS/Mormon church is typically three hours long.

I have heard of Firesides for the young folks on Sunday evenings, but no classes after church. Maybe she just said she was going to a class and went somewhere else? MOO

All is just speculation because evidence has been so closely held. This was a stable, sweet young woman with a supportive family. I don't think there's been any recent break up or anything she was involved in that might have resulted in this.

I fear who was in that walgreens parking lot ... or something else that has crossed my mind she worked at pool as coach, sure hope no one stalked her that might have become interested in her while she worked in that public type job. I do trust the police are having same thoughts and pursuing all theories.

It is just so scary not knowing and yet being 100% sure evil is wandering around that area of town and not knowing who that evil is?

Kathy

KRLD is tweeting the family has released video of Zoe sending message to her sister? Anyone have a link, or know if this was filmed prior to Sunday the 11th ? Or the details of such video? Is it case related or is it to keep Zoe in media and case in forefront of locals minds?

Kathy

Am on tablet I an always unsuccessful in copying links ...but wfaa reported in July in same Walgreen parking lot there was an attempt at assault where assailant tried to get in woman's car but there were witnesses close enough that when she made noise the perp ran off.

If anyone sees that maybe bring link over. Thank you.

In watching her parents video, the note she left for postman made me smile, no wonder my daughter and she were friends in Jr high. My daughter added questions like that to our default delivery notes section on pizza hut. I was puzzled when delivery people would tell me favorite song, or star sign. Until my daughter explained she wanted to make their jobs more interesting & get to know them.

Such a loss .... such a sweet young woman.

Kathy

I am hopeful there will be some news of an arrest soon.

I watched the video of her parents. So strong and positive until her father broke down in tears.

Praying they get through all of this.

Tomorrow is Zoe's funeral. Say a prayer for her.

I am a very close friend of the family. Zoe did not have a serious boyfriend. The class she was going to was a missionary preparation class to prepare her for the mission she wanted to attend. I have attended that church for many years and it does not have cameras. I feel like she was picked up at Walgreens or the church parking lot. Her father is the Bishop and was in the building and knew right away that she did not show up.

Am on tablet I an always unsuccessful in copying links ...but wfaa reported in July in same Walgreen parking lot there was an attempt at assault where assailant tried to get in woman's car but there were witnesses close enough that when she made noise the perp ran off.

If anyone sees that maybe bring link over. Thank you.

In watching her parents video, the note she left for postman made me smile, no wonder my daughter and she were friends in Jr high. My daughter added questions like that to our default delivery notes section on pizza hut. I was puzzled when delivery people would tell me favorite song, or star sign. Until my daughter explained she wanted to make their jobs more interesting & get to know them.

Such a loss .... such a sweet young woman.

Kathy

Here's the link Kathy . . .
Family of slain teen focus on loss as investigation proceeds

DALLAS – The Dallas Police Department has focused its attention on a Walgreens on Peavy and Garland Roads in the search for Zoe Hastings' killer.

It's the last place the 18-year-old stopped before she was murdered last week.

Now, News 8 has learned there was another attack in July 2014 near the same Walgreens.

More at link . . . http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca.../family-murder-victim-releases-tape/74074734/

Here's the link Kathy . . .
Family of slain teen focus on loss as investigation proceeds

DALLAS – The Dallas Police Department has focused its attention on a Walgreens on Peavy and Garland Roads in the search for Zoe Hastings' killer.

It's the last place the 18-year-old stopped before she was murdered last week.

Now, News 8 has learned there was another attack in July 2014 near the same Walgreens.

More at link . . . http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca.../family-murder-victim-releases-tape/74074734/

I was just thinking. I bet there was a camera right there. Whomever owns Red Box would be protecting their property.

July of 2014 ... I misread I thought just three months back. Probably not connected, you never know?

Thank you for the link.

Kathy

Her funeral service was held this morning and was standing room only all the way to the back of the building and it is a large building. There was no police presence seen but lots of cameras and news reporters so there should be some news reports later today. I was not there but have lots of friends who were. It was a very peaceful positive and comforting service. Graveside services were private. Family states that they have felt support from all over the country even from people they do not know. Her father and grandfather spoke.

Her funeral service was held this morning and was standing room only all the way to the back of the building and it is a large building. There was no police presence seen but lots of cameras and news reporters so there should be some news reports later today. I was not there but have lots of friends who were. It was a very peaceful positive and comforting service. Graveside services were private. Family states that they have felt support from all over the country even from people they do not know. Her father and grandfather spoke.

Thank you for letting us know. I thought of Zoe today and all that she could have been. Letting her light shine.

I am sickened that the police have so much evidence from the car and yet they have no suspects. How can this be. They have blood and DNA. Why are there no suspects.
Has this person never committed a crime before? He should be scratched up. People need to be looking at everyone they know. Is there someone who looks like they have been in a fight? This has been a terrible week for our family.

If the police have dna and evidence it takes time to process the dna evidence in a lab. Then they have to subtract the dna that belonged to Zoe and hope they have the Dan from a perp or perps If the perp has never been arrested they can still find certain details about that person such as race eye color and relatives. All this has to follow a certain timeframe to be presented and accepted in court. I imagine they are still working on details. Remember they have to prove a case. They have to get all their ducks in a row. Also it could be more than one perp. I also would like to see a map of where she lived where the Walgreens was where the park is they are searching and where they found the van. I have not ruled out that the murder of the jogger was related either. I have difficulty wrapping my mind around the timeframe. She left at four thirty to drop a movie and be in school at five. I know she would not be late. Her dad had to know at five fifteen something was terribly wrong. The only thing I can come up with is that she was eighteen and they were waiting on detectives to come in to work Monday or that they were tied up with the other murders. I will write more later. I pray for Zoe and her family constantly and I am praying for special insite too

I am a very close friend of the family. Zoe did not have a serious boyfriend. The class she was going to was a missionary preparation class to prepare her for the mission she wanted to attend. I have attended that church for many years and it does not have cameras. I feel like she was picked up at Walgreens or the church parking lot. Her father is the Bishop and was in the building and knew right away that she did not show up.

I'm thinking the same thing.... or maybe she left the van unlocked when she went inside and someone slipped into it. If the police have the a lot of evidence inside the van... it seems it may be a first time killer... careless... sloppy... and if its a first time then they may not have any information on such a person in the system...yet... I'm still wondering about the person who flagged down this Joe guy.... wonder if he got a good look at him and could do a sketch to get out to the public to see if anyone recognized him. It could be that the guy just did go and check it out, most people would immediately go see if they could help.... since this was morning time, it would seem the killer would be gone unless he went back to the scene... but seems more than likely he would be long gone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back