CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they quit making that show?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
They did for awhile. Then they came back with it last year and had a couple episodes but they were different because they followed super fresh missing persons cases. It was not nearly as good as the original format. It sounds like the new ones will be back to the old format. Thank god, because Disappeared was about the only good show on ID anymore.

They did for awhile. Then they came back with it last year and had a couple episodes but they were different because they followed super fresh missing persons cases. It was not nearly as good as the original format. It sounds like the new ones will be back to the old format. Thank god, because Disappeared was about the only good show on ID anymore.
This is good news. Love the show and it actually helps people.

Which is why it needs to go back on Netflix too!

I'm going to put my two cents into this case, since I didn't before I don't think.

I live in Santa Clarita. I remember seeing missing person posters for Bryce at our mall. Of course after awhile, they stopped being posted.

He went missing in Castaic. As someone who has lived in SCV most of my life, this is one of the last places you would want to be stuck in at night. The area really doesn't have a lot. Aside from a couple subdivisions, an Industrial Park, Fast food joints, drug stores, gas stations, a Dollar Tree, and strip mall with a Ralphs (there used to be two over here in this area but one closed), after you hit a certain part of the road, you're basically in the middle of nowhere. Lake Hughes Road especially, for a long while, is nothing but road and hills. If Bryce was trying to sleep in Castaic, a place he's not familiar with, I think it's very likely he got into a bad accident.

I don't think he was murdered. He probably didn't know anyone in Castaic, let alone Santa Clarita. And a random killer just doesn't seem likely because, again, it's Castaic most likely in the area that has nothing. They wouldn't bother waiting out here to kill someone. If he was murdered though, he might have been buried somewhere. It's probably a good place to dispose of a body.

My theory is that he might have accidentally crashed in the ravine where his car was found. He might have escaped, and tried to found help, but couldn't because he was in the middle of nowhere. It's possible snakes or wildlife may have got to him or he may have succumbed to his injuries sometime later or died of thirst or starvation or of heat exhaustion. Southern California is hot as hell in the summer, and I remember that year we didn't get a lot of rain. I highly doubt it was cool that day if I remember correctly.

I just hope they find his body.

Human remains found in Pine Canyon near Lake Hughes.

http://www.hometownstation.com/sant...ns-found-in-remote-area-of-pine-canyon-162437

Human remains were discovered by hunters in an extremely remote area of Pine Canyon, near the Upper Shake Campground in Lake Hughes on Saturday afternoon.

And another link which says basically the same thing...

http://abc7.com/news/human-remains-found-in-pine-canyon-area-of-lake-hughes/1065091/

Anyone know how far this would be from where Bryce went missing?

Here's the Upper Shake campground in relation to Lake Hughes. Estimating based on the legend that was on the map, it's about 4-5 miles between the two. However, we don't know how far the remains were found from the campground, so that may be off somewhat.

Capture.PNG

ETA: I don't know if I'm missing something here as someone posted on the FBL page that it's 25 miles between Lake Hughes and Pine Canyon. I guess it all depends on how close the campground and the canyon are to each other.

This is from a local paper. The shortest drive from Castaic reservoir to Upper Shakes is via Lake Hughes Rd. It's only 32 miles, but it's 32 miles of winding road that would take about an hour. I'm local. Upper shakes is pretty remote.
“In the early evening hours of Saturday, Oct. 31, 2015, human remains were discovered by hunters in an extremely remote area of Pine Canyon, near the Upper Shake Campground in Lake Hughes,” detectives said in a news release from the Sheriff’s Information Bureau. “In an active attempt to notify authorities, the hunters climbed down a mountain and reported their discovery to Palmdale Sheriff’s Station personnel."

http://theavtimes.com/2015/11/02/human-remains-found-near-upper-shake-campground/

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,mFFHJfcISPdz9TfIaicqZRoSajslBNMhJxMouyrFhO5V1aRGZr2TXd8BA2aI1RLnO-gc48In3RZHvWBjXbZj2kv8c-Ryi4RVt9utznQr133kcZuIXz-MpeLC6sGzfOw-UipA_iuu6PvTo0iEv_BaLJ0,mn7y8zUy-LjnFGZuIIBBJ8GNfDq4uhFVQYg_L_MSYyEv0LwSIEskQ9kv9gl6hF38CyHgpag-s4YNniuokeRQt0GlItg3tyiRTeY_oLHrwmqCrHtUNtdw9Lfuyo0CeuZAwcAREv347T6SYl51Az7_Ox6h2oallIgkjUCPejOZgKF2coAj43iPWUcdQGH9D9SwGyKqajDqlONY0NN_PPNo2MRuw_m2zjfOpieZL_AGVcHBJcHNGJSCX4eOW12eleXlMvgFXZjxzFYhEGAhGsvSxt4upVHSyQhDLXoWfM0DcwjPHVeb4JEzdiVlp5wv9QAOAuEk04ULMkecbwbyeSbKiQuPkUiykjdHjKh3DFEC97Vp5ummfj9K6x_-wK_qYEy3IbFBHEkkEEhaW2rjiklb7eoh6dw

This is from a local paper. The shortest drive from Castaic reservoir to Upper Shakes is via Lake Hughes Rd. It's only 32 miles, but it's 32 miles of winding road that would take about an hour. I'm local. Upper shakes is pretty remote.

http://theavtimes.com/2015/11/02/human-remains-found-near-upper-shake-campground/

That's very rugged terrain and would be a long drive from Lake Castaic. Thinking aloud, if he had a head injury or a breakdown and was wandering the terrain, I don't think he would have made it too far into the forest from the lake (I am thinking of Mitrice Richardson). If this is him, a big if, someone likely gave him a ride and killed him.

The Pacific Crest Trail is pretty close to the campground, maybe a mile or so away. It could be a rugged transient that used the campground as a base in the summer. Of course, PCT also reminds me of the murderer this past summer that was on the loose between Mojave and Pearsonville (40 miles apart) who was known to travel PCT. Could be (but not likely) an unknown victim.

A missing hiker is probably the most logical explanation, but the remoteness makes it a great place to dump a body. Did the article say that they found the body on a mountain?

That's very rugged terrain and would be a long drive from Lake Castaic. Thinking aloud, if he had a head injury or a breakdown and was wandering the terrain, I don't think he would have made it too far into the forest from the lake (I am thinking of Mitrice Richardson). If this is him, a big if, someone likely gave him a ride and killed him.

The Pacific Crest Trail is pretty close to the campground, maybe a mile or so away. It could be a rugged transient that used the campground as a base in the summer. Of course, PCT also reminds me of the murderer this past summer that was on the loose between Mojave and Pearsonville (40 miles apart) who was known to travel PCT. Could be (but not likely) an unknown victim.

A missing hiker is probably the most logical explanation, but the remoteness makes it a great place to dump a body. Did the article say that they found the body on a mountain?

It mentions that "in an attempt to notify authorities, the hunters climbed down a mountain" to contact Sheriff's. There's no cell service at Upper Shakes AFAIK

I've tried to look for any hikers that were missing in the area and found nothing. We do have a local woman that has been missing for some time from Littlerock, Ca. It very well could be someone lost on the PCT. The other option is of course........Upper Shakes is so remote, I could see someone thinking it would be a good place to dump a body. Very sad either way.

I don't think it's him I read earlier LE said there is a metal rod or post in the leg. Bryce's parents said he didn't have a metal post.

I don't think it's him I read earlier LE said there is a metal rod or post in the leg. Bryce's parents said he didn't have a metal post.

Thanks for the info. I didn't see that in the article I read.

Oops, sorry about my post about Lake Hughes. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that Bryce was missing from there rather than Castaic Lake.

There's no metal post in the leg - someone on Facebook got confused because the news article was talking about bones found in August. The August bones had a metal plate. The newly found bones do not.

There's no metal post in the leg - someone on Facebook got confused because the news article was talking about bones found in August. The August bones had a metal plate. The newly found bones do not.

Thanks for the clarification.

I wish authorities would release a bit more information on this person. Male, female, clothing, jewelry? Any clue could help. As it stands, DNA may take months.

Just an update on the "Disappeared" episode that will feature Bryce's story, the family stated on October 11th (on the Find Bryce Laspisa FB page) that the air date will be sometime in the first quarter of 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus