Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with you, sadly, for the same sort of reasoning.
I won't justify what Gypsy did... it was wrong, wrong, wrong... but I can understand her thinking.
My husband ended up committing a crime (not against others) as a means to escape his abusers.

In his court ordered group therapy, they treat him very poorly. They have never met his abusers. They focus primarily on the crime committed.

In the court ordered private therapy, utilizing a different therapist... That therapist met the abusers. He listened to the testimonials of others who did not live in that house. This therapist is also a former trial judge. He looked at my husband and began focusing on why and what led my husband to commit the crime and getting him around dealing with the abusers. He also told the abusers what he thought of them and that it's a damn miracle my husband didn't become something dark and dangerous as a result. My husband went through this until shortly before he turned 24. Yes... 24. I deal with the fallout of the abuse every day. My husband couldn't escape without a probation officer signing off first (and that took QUITE a long time to make sure it happened)... so I can see where someone who has NO legal say-so in their life feeling that something so drastic and dire would be their only way out.

It's not right. It's sad. It's disturbing. It's frightening. But I understand her logic, even if it's broken and damn near dysfunctional.

You are wrong. I don't know how to explain it, but as someone who was similarly abused by my mother (in private, in public she was the most loving parent ever), Gypsy's actions make perfect sense to me. To a T. I would not have acted differently, and I am afraid "normal" people would not understand how it is the only way to do it.

Perhaps not mentally ill, but I'm thinking that there is some sort of mental handicap at play with him.

This whole thing is tragic and sad.

View attachment 81594

Gypsy's hair is growing out now that her mom isn't shaving it any more.
I really hope they don't seek the death penalty :(

Potential death penalty? They have got to be kidding. Gypsy is starting to look like a normal healthy human being now that her mother is no longer controlling her life.

There are all of those sayings that children learn what they see rather than what they hear.

Gypsy had a great teacher that instilled in her that another person is not worth as much as the mother, Gypsy had to pretend that she was sick to get whatever mom deemed worthy of scamming. Remember, Gypsy could walk even though there were multiple wheelchairs in the home.

Gypsy was not a person, just a meal ticket.

That is what Gypsy learned about people who "love"you.

Then we are to expect that Gypsy miracuously learns something else re people? How?

I finished reading the first thread, and I'm halfway through this one, and I see posters repeatedly asking how could they fool doctors and how could this go on so long, and I have a personal experience with something similar.

I'm not as eloquent as so many of you are so I apologize in advance for what I know will be a hard post to follow.

I live in Middle Tennessee, and have an equine facility and do lessons, sales, boarding ect. One of my customers, Cindy, has several children... three were biological and grown. One was 10 years old and adopted at 2 years of age.

I only knew one of the biological children, her name is Hope. She is 24 years old and had been diagnosed bi-polar. One night when she was nineteen, she decided to commit suicide by driving her car into an oncoming car. Hope lived. She was badly hurt with many broken bones etc. The driver of other car was killed, and a 2 year old little girl in the backseat lived. Hope was charged with involuntary vehicular manslaughter and only received 6 years probation.

Now... the little girl that was 10 at the time (she is now 16), was unbelievably ill-mannered, would not mind you, yell at you, throw fits and attack you. Cindy always talked about the things she does and did and said she was bi-polar too. She attacked horses with broom handles, hit my daughter with a whip, I could go on and on. Her name is Lily. Lily would be just fine and out the clear blue sky throw a fit. I took an interest in her, and tried working with her. She wanted to go to saddle club shows and I would tell her I'll take you but you have to behave. And she would. When she would start to throw a fit I would say we are loading up and going home and she would stop. So I began to doubt that she was bi-polar. I'm not good at telling stories like this but there were so many many instances where it just didn't feel right.

Okay...now Hope had to do community service hours for her probation. Hope was about 350 lbs, lived at home with Cindy and Lily, didn't have her license because of what happened, lonely and I would sit and talk to her, and she told me some crazy stuff. She said when she was young, her mom would take her to doctor after doctor till she found one that would prescribe whatever medicine is for bi-polar. She said both of her brothers are also bi-polar. One brother didn't have anything to do with Cindy or any of them, and he moved off somewhere.

Now...I have a very good friend who wears many hats. She has been awarded the point of light by 2 presidents, was brought here to Tennessee years ago to infiltrate a mental hospital in Nashville, find out what was going on and fix it. It was a big stink. TV reporters managed to get cameras in there and film all kinds of atrocities and Eva was the fixer upper. I think it was called Cloverbottom. She also has a not for profit therapeutic riding program, and I happened to be partners with her at the time on some horses, so I called her and said I want to help Hope, (yes, I had problems with the fact that she had killed someone and orphaned a child because she deliberately hit them, but she seemed remorseful and horrified at what she did. She said she was crying and driving and just impulsively at the time swerved to hit the oncoming car). So I told my friend about Hope, and she came out and talked with Hope. Now... Hope had to work a specific amount of hours in community service per week, and had trouble getting to the Boys and Girls Club where she worked her hours because she can't drive. Oh I should have mentioned that Cindy the mom is a teacher here locally and she teaches special needs children! So Cindy worked and couldn't get Hope to the Boys and Girls Club. Now my friend, after talking and meeting with Hope a few times, pulled some amazing strings in the county where I live and managed to make my barn a satellite barn of her therapeutic riding program, which meant that Hope could work her hours off at my barn. I let Hope live with us, away from her controlling mom whom I now suspected of some crazy a$$ *advertiser censored*. Hope had told my friend that she wanted to get off of bi-polar meds and live a normal life and my friend said we can wean you off and see how it goes. Since you are living with Renee I will come over daily and check on you and we'll see how it goes.

Back to Lily.... she spent the night with me one night, and she had a little backpack of medicines she had to take. My daughter who was 20 lined up all of the pill bottles and got online to research them and said Mom. There are several here that shouldn't be taken together because they can cause psychosis and they are from different doctors. So I called Eva my friend and she came over and took pictures of the bottles.

Eva reported Cindy. And Eva is big stuff around here. All that happened was this. Cindy came in a truck and made Hope move back home. She was beyond furious that Eva was helping Hope get off of meds... and by the way Hope had been here by that time about 3 months and hadn't been taking anything at that point for a couple of weeks and no manic behaviors, no fits or anything. Lily WAS removed from the home and sent to a hospital for two months, and Cindy had to take some kind of therapy during those two months. After Cindy completed her therapy Lily came back home.

I've really dumbed down what happened and omitted so many things that I witnessed. Such as when I had a Fourth of July party for the barn, and Cindy talked about how when Lily was 8 she had to sleep in a box they locked because they were afraid to go to sleep. I have 2 boarders that are psych nurses and I said is that acceptable treatment? Making your kid sleep in a locked box and they both said they knew of NO doctors that would condone that. So many stories like that I could tell you.

Anyway... this woman ... all three biological children have bi-polar and even the one that was adopted. Oh.... Lily made some kind of medical journal a couple of years ago. Cindy managed to have Vanderbilt Hospital diagnose Lily as bi-polar and apparently it made the journal because she was diagnosed so young. Typically they won't diagnose bi-polar until you are an adult. Something like that. Cindy was quite proud of that fact and talked about it and showed the article off. Basically she was shoving it in my and Eva's face that we were wrong about her and Lily is crazy.

Another thing Eva found out when she reported Cindy is that Cindy actually used to be a CHS worker, and she herself was reported by several hospitals because Lily has had so many broken bones. All blamed on horse related accidents. Eva questioned her about the last one, a broken arm which had happened the year before. Lily couldn't remember what happened. Anyway....this woman still has Lily who is now full blown out there. She drew a knife and cut her babysitter when she was 12. She chased someone around a local restaurant with a knife. She was kicked out of school when she was I think 14 for attacking someone with something. Hope is now like 27 and still lives at home and takes more meds than ever.

I saw firsthand how someone managed to manipulate and lie and deceive, get caught and still keep doing it. I have no doubt that Lily really is bi-polar now, but I don't believe she or Hope or maybe not even her brothers are bi-polar naturally.

I just found this thread and case. I'm going back and up to about page 19 on the first thread and have read your post and that's all I know. Based on that, I hope the poor woman is found not guilty by reason of insanity. And is given rigorous treatment for several years but it able to be released when and if she's deemed no longer a risk to society.

How can she be at all normal due to what her mother did to her?

Thank you.

I have been sitting here with an upset stomach reading a certain poster or two's totally strange and un-empathizing posts. They keep insisting that she knew better, should be held accountable and that the mother was the victim. Makes me wonder really what they are like and why they are defending someone who from all accounts allegedly took a young child, deprived child of anything resembling a normal childhood, made her shave her head, act young, act sick, lie to doctors, friends or whomever, deprived her of school and friends and on and on and they still think that she should have known better and had not only the courage but the fortitude of a sound mind to "get out". Expecting Gypsy to have had the life knowledge and experiences, contacts, friends etc to actually be able to extract herself from that situation..... just wow. Wow.

Thanks Gitana for saying" How can she be at all normal due to what her mother did to her?"

So in your opinion a seven year old should have known better? She should have known somehow that she wasn't sick?

I finished reading the first thread, and I'm halfway through this one, and I see posters repeatedly asking how could they fool doctors and how could this go on so long, and I have a personal experience with something similar.

Snipped

Great post, personal insight is so important. Your story could be the "next one" when a child who has been abused realises...
I know as a mandatory reporter you can definitely feel ignored but I have to believe that maybe that next call could save someone.

My only experience is an Aunty that I believe has munchausen (not by proxy thank god) she can be very convincing , especially to outsiders.

At one stage she had my mother convinced she didn't have long to live, I told her that she will outlive us all lol , albeit so far she has!

We have Medicare in Australia and I hate to think how much $$$ these sorts of ppl cost us for test after test. She is unhappy when a diagnosis isn't found! ('to add to the many btw) I try to tell her it's great that xyz isn't wrong....

The most bizarre conversation I had with her was when she was telling me about a relative that died and seemed upset that someone had died before her as she was so sick?

It seems a very complex psychiatric issue that is very hard to untangle, perhpaps stemming from her mothers childhood?

I think their point was that plenty of people have awful childhoods, but don't grow up to be murderers... Hell, some have speculated that Dee herself had an awful upbringing - if she did, how could she ever know what normal behavior was, etc etc.... But it still wouldn't excuse what she did to Gypsy, IMO. Many serial killers had the most horrific childhood imaginable, being beaten, raped and abused by their family from an early age. How could they ever know what normal behaviour is, and how could they grow up to show compassion or mercy to anyone when they never experienced it growing up? Yet I never see many people defending the likes of John Wayne Gacy, Albert Fish or Richard Ramirez. That's because we recognise that one they are adults, they make their own choices and should be held responsible for them.

Indeed, I don't think we would have much sympathy for Gypsy if she had her own baby and treated it the same way her mother treated her. Why not, if we insist that poor Gypsy can't possibly know right from wrong after her own upbringing?

Good points. I suppose those killers were captive by their upbringing in a different way. Never looked at it this way. Something to think about

I think it's because the killers got away from that situation before committing their crimes.
They were disturbed and committed the crimes because they enjoyed killing/raping/torturing.
Gypsy committed her crime to ESCAPE the situation.
I very highly doubt she would kill again unless again held captive. :twocents:

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that we have a sociopath, a psychopath and someone manipulated into doing the dirty work. As the saying goes psychopaths are born, not made and they don't care at all who is in their way. The only thing debatable for me is who is who.

JMOO - fwiw

Thank you.

I have been sitting here with an upset stomach reading a certain poster or two's totally strange and un-empathizing posts. They keep insisting that she knew better, should be held accountable and that the mother was the victim. Makes me wonder really what they are like and why they are defending someone who from all accounts allegedly took a young child, deprived child of anything resembling a normal childhood, made her shave her head, act young, act sick, lie to doctors, friends or whomever, deprived her of school and friends and on and on and they still think that she should have known better and had not only the courage but the fortitude of a sound mind to "get out". Expecting Gypsy to have had the life knowledge and experiences, contacts, friends etc to actually be able to extract herself from that situation..... just wow. Wow.

Thanks Gitana for saying" How can she be at all normal due to what her mother did to her?"

You are referring to one of my posts no doubt, and if you are, it is a blatant insult. I stand by my comment that Gypsy had been around medical personnel in the business of saving lives all of her life and knew it was wrong to murder or have someone murdered. I do not believe I stated that Gypsy's mother was a victim, but she was a murder victim. That is a fact.

My heart absolutely breaks for a small child who was or is being abused, and Gypsy was abused to the extreme. Empathy? No, I have a tremendous amount of deep sympathy for her. Did she know better? Yes, I think she did. I think Gypsy really hated her 'mother' and wanted her gone. I would have hated her also had I been in Gypsy's position. Murder? I think she and her 'boyfriend' absolutely did know better.

BBM:
I think Gypsy and her murdering friend do need to pay for what they did and I certainly stand by that opinion. You certainly do not have to agree with me and I am not asking that you do, but an insulting post is not the way to go, IMO.

*A judge once stated on live TV that having emotional or mental problems does not give one a license to kill. Childhood abuse does not give one a license to kill.

I do hope Gypsy gets the help she needs. I do not advocate a life sentence or even a long one, but they both need to do some time in a facility where they also get mental health help.

MOO

You are referring to one of my posts no doubt, and if you are, it is a blatant insult. I stand by my comment that Gypsy had been around medical personnel in the business of saving lives all of her life and knew it was wrong to murder or have someone murdered. I do not believe I stated that Gypsy's mother was a victim, but she was a murder victim. That is a fact.

My heart absolutely breaks for a small child who was or is being abused, and Gypsy was abused to the extreme. Empathy? No, I have a tremendous amount of deep sympathy for her. Did she know better? Yes, I think she did. I think Gypsy really hated her 'mother' and wanted her gone. I would have hated her also had I been in Gypsy's position. Murder? I think she and her 'boyfriend' absolutely did know better.

BBM:
I think Gypsy and her murdering friend do need to pay for what they did and I certainly stand by that opinion. You certainly do not have to agree with me and I am not asking that you do, but an insulting post is not the way to go, IMO.

*A judge once stated on live TV that having emotional or mental problems does not give one a license to kill. Childhood abuse does not give one a license to kill.

I do hope Gypsy gets the help she needs. I do not advocate a life sentence or even a long one, but they both need to do some time in a facility where they also get mental health help.

MOO

I would just give her 5 years or so. This is her mothers fault. Jmo. She was born a slave. Jmo. People always talk stockholme syndrome when it comes to victims and their abusers. This definitley the same thing. Now the boy deserves more time since he would most likely kill for any women with a sob story. He is just too gullible and dangerous when need be. jmo

So in your opinion a seven year old should have known better? She should have known somehow that she wasn't sick?

You did not quote anyone's post so I don't know who you are asking that question of.

IMO, no, a seven year old child would not have known better at all. Abuse by her 'mother' had been her way of life and all she knew.

Later on, having had access to a computer and also been around people more, she knew and realized what her mother had done to her. I'm sure she wanted to live a normal life and did not know how to free herself of her 'mother'. Still, I think she knew murder was wrong.

MOO

I would just give her 5 years or so. This is her mothers fault. Jmo. She was born a slave. Jmo. People always talk stockholme syndrome when it comes to victims and their abusers. This definitley the same thing. Now the boy deserves more time since he would most likely kill for any women with a sob story. He is just too gullible and dangerous when need be. jmo

I totally agree with your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member