Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess at this point it seems that the issue of her being legally capable of standing trial is not the same thing as her being able to tell people what happened to the children. Those are two separate issues. At the very least the remains of the children can be recovered and the rest of the family can get some closure even if CH will never stand trial. I think that many people here have conflated these issues.

I've conflated nothing. I've already addressed the fact that she may never know where she put those children. I know from experience that there are things I've done while psychotic that I can't remember. Big stuff. Things that I know have happened because others have told me. If she can't remember where the children are then she can't tell people can she?

I desperately hope these children are found. I just hope that I can help others understand what a psychotic break is like.

At this point, I don't care if she killed them or if she's ever punished. I just want answers for their father, brother and other relatives. The not knowing must be agony.

I wish she'd just say where they are. I'm so glad she wasn't able to make off w the oldest.

Why do you think her mother is so confused and disappointed? Why would she want the trial to proceed if Catherine isn't stable?

Why do you think her mother is so confused and disappointed? Why would she want the trial to proceed if Catherine isn't stable?

If the family want justice for the children then they cannot have Catherine standing trial unfit. I think the family are probably emotionally drained and needing to know what has happened to the lovely children

This case breaks my heart.

I'm right there with you. Knowing that the disposition of those children is so close, between a couple of synapses in her brain, all she has to do is to make a decision to reveal the truth.

Her mother's interview in one of the videos above disturbed me. She's "afraid to go back to jail" and "more comfortable at the Perkins facility." That means she has a strong incentive NOT to reveal, because likely that will lead to being treated more like a criminal and less like a sick person.

from link above "Turner said he called Catherine on Friday, Sarah’s fifth birthday, in hopes that she might tell him what happened to the children. He says that she told him she’s being advised to act incompetent so she won’t go to jail."

This case.... urgh. I had to take a break from this one a while back because of the legal wrangling going on. It sounds like nothing has changed. Everyone has written those two beautiful, innocent children off except for the father. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member