Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

I believe they talked about the search on the FB page yesterday. What I got from it was that nothing was found and the family appreciates all the likes and shares on their page. They are not going to give up on finding their loved one.

Poor Mike & his family, I can't imagine what they are going through. For me this is another case that has me intrigued and I'll be following it until the end

To be honest, I don't know exactly. I'm just looking at it from a foul play angle, especially because the wife waited to contact family members about his disappearance for 4 DAYS and had yet to contact the police. I find that to be quite fishy. Also, living in the city of Louisville where he did, it's not easy to just go out on walk and have an accident happen and not be found. That area is very populated.

I also feel like it may have been a robbery of some sort where somebody came to his door, or in his house, and he was forcibly taken with his wallet to go to an ATM machine to withdraw cash. I think he may have been hurt in that process and left somewhere. Just my guesses at this point.

I feel like if he had taken his car, then I would be much inclined to believe he had some type of accident or left on his own accord.

I think this man walked out on his life. Very possible he had this all set up for some time.

So you think he waited until the middle of the night, walked out the door with no shoes on, and just kept walking? A high school academic/athlete, University graduate with Honors and a degree in Chemistry, 10 year Air Force pilot with honorable discharge, 13 year veteran of UPS who recently received UPS highest award for pilot safety, recent post op from 2 joint surgeries, who had gone through physical therapy, worked out daily and had scheduled appointments for medical evaluation to resume flying, planned vacation with his child and parents for the following month, planned several activities for the Summer with his child before school started? How do you get very far from your life on foot without shoes? And why? Everything important to him was right there in Louisville.

Stranger things have happened. But I don't think his disappearance was something he wanted or had control of.

1. How do you know he didn't purchase a new wardrobe including shoes before choosing to leave?
2. How do you know what was important to him? Maybe he fell in love w someone else and decided that was the most important thing.
I just don't see how the wife can commit this perfect crime - no sign of struggle, no blood evidence, child didn't hear anything, no body has been found, no witnesses. If she was trying to make it appear that he left by choice that's all the more reason to say, yes his sneakers are gone.

I don't feel there is enough factual information being provided to say for sure one way or the other but it definitely seems shortsighted to only be willing to consider one possibility.

Was just looking at the Facebook page for Mike and there is recent post by Mike's sister saying that shortly after the search of the quarry was started, the search was halted and the family and searchers were asked to leave.

What the heck is going on with this case???

1. How do you know he didn't purchase a new wardrobe including shoes before choosing to leave?
2. How do you know what was important to him? Maybe he fell in love w someone else and decided that was the most important thing.
I just don't see how the wife can commit this perfect crime - no sign of struggle, no blood evidence, child didn't hear anything, no body has been found, no witnesses. If she was trying to make it appear that he left by choice that's all the more reason to say, yes his sneakers are gone.

I don't feel there is enough factual information being provided to say for sure one way or the other but it definitely seems shortsighted to only be willing to consider one possibility.

I know Mike, and I am not saying that his wife had anything to do with Mike's disappearance. Every possible scenario has been entertained in more conversations and brain-storming than imaginable, so there is no short-sightedness. What I am saying is that to make a statement that he "walked out of his life", would make more sense if he had somewhere to go, and if he had reason to leave, because he had so much where he was. His child was his life, his high-paying and good job where he was well-respected and well thought of, was waiting for him, he had no debt or financial problems, his health was on the mend near the point of passing his flight medical, he had plans in place for the Summer, according to family and friends, he was his usual self with everyone who has remarked and knew him or spoke with him regularly, including his parents, up until the day he went missing. Even police have reported that their findings were that there were no signs that they would expect Mike to do something out of character, such as walking away or committing suicide. Character means a lot in this world, character references are used for reason, even in the court room. Facts are certainly lacking, and this is the frustration of everyone who cares about this case. No facts, his wife is not talking to anyone about the circumstances surrounding Mike's disappearance, not even his family. Her only statements have been that she came downstairs and he was just gone. In her news statements she has stated that she does not know why he left. This tells us that she is assuming that he left on his own. And, his wife is the one that stated that he left on foot without his shoes, as they were still there, although the NamUs site states he may have had military style hiking boots, so we don't know what to believe on this. I would be absolutely shocked to learn that Mike had fallen in love with someone else, and so would everyone that knows him. And, I know the reply to this would be that it has happened before, but that really doesn't mean that is the case here either, just because someone else did it. I don't see that as a reason to leave a child that he loved more than life itself. He could have divorced his wife to be with someone else for that matter. There would be no reason to run away. This is why his family believes it is so important to find Mike, because without him or his body, there is no way to know. The fact that the LMPD shut down the search of the quarry, just shortly after it began, is very worrisome. Especially since the family received no explanation, other than that they need to go home. So there really is no certainty or final outcome on that search.

I'm not familiar with the quarry, but would one need special permission to search area? Additionally, why would anyone not agree? If it's a safety reason for individuals, maybe, but if it's an actual search group who specializes in doing searches... Just thinking out loud. I guess I just don't understand the stipulations on which one missing person can be extremely searched for, and another cannot.
Frustrating for the parents and family.

Have the parents contacted Equesearch?
I would think parents are immediate family.

I'm not familiar with the quarry, but would one need special permission to search area? Additionally, why would anyone not agree? If it's a safety reason for individuals, maybe, but if it's an actual search group who specializes in doing searches... Just thinking out loud. I guess I just don't understand the stipulations on which one missing person can be extremely searched for, and another cannot.
Frustrating for the parents and family.

The property owner of the quarry did consent to the search. The Metro Police Dept. shut down the search. Reason is unknown and no reason was given.

I think this man walked out on his life. Very possible he had this all set up for some time.

Isn't it funny how we can read the same information and come to such different conclusions? @Eileen730 I don't agree with you with regards to Mike, but your post reminded me to be aware that I need to keep my options and opinions open. Tunnel vision is, unfortunately, a real thing. I have been guilty of that myself.

Thank you for that :)

But if he walked out of his life, why not at least give his parents peace of mind by letting them know he is at least alive? Or his sister?

Thanks Rocky
At this point in the investigation, what are some reasons as to why the PD would halt a search?
TIA

The only reason I can think of to halt a search it that they have a very credible confirmation that he is alive. But, if that were the case, I would think it would be announced.

But if he walked out of his life, why not at least give his parents peace of mind by letting them know he is at least alive? Or his sister?

Because when you make that choice to walk out on your wife and child you are also making that choice to let go of everything. What do you think his parents would say to him? "Oh. Okay cool. Well make sure you send your kid a birthday card at least." No, they and everyone else would say, "what? But that's not the kind of person we thought you were."
I don't even necessarily think he left of his own accord, I just think it's worth realizing that stranger things have happened while continuing to solve the mystery. Anything is possible, it's pointless to say otherwise. I guess I hope he did decide to leave because it sure beats the option of his body being hidden somewhere.

Was just looking at the Facebook page for Mike and there is recent post by Mike's sister saying that shortly after the search of the quarry was started, the search was halted and the family and searchers were asked to leave.

What the heck is going on with this case???

Where do you see that? I just checked it and all I see is her thanking the police department and the search team. Odd that she would be thanking the PD, if they shut the search down.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the post on the sidebar...though she doesn't explicitly say it was the PD that shut the search down, as another poster mentioned. Inside information, or assumption?

TNChick- if you go into the part of the page called "visitor posts" his sister Kathleen Fiddie has the first post where she talks about searching the quarry and being asked to leave shortly after the search begins.

If the search were stopped due to safety concerns for the divers, I would have thought they would have explained that to the family, but from the post Mike's sister made, that did not seem to be the case.

It sounds like his family is being stonewalled. I guess the question is why!

They were not just told to leave. They were told that they needed to go home. The problem in this entire case seems to be a poor and lack of communication. It also seems evident that there are some issues within the LMPD with protocol, chain of command, and how cases are assigned. Even if the LMPD has been working hard on this case, gathering information, the family, i.e. parents, who are searching, traveling the distance, calling, and trying to find their son, should be treated with greater respect and given updates that the case is being worked--some assurance that someone is doing something to try! Mike's family does not expect the LMPD to blow the case by sharing delicate or critical information. All they want to know is if anyone is trying and if Mike's disappearance is being taken seriously, rather than being brushed under the rug. If no one is searching for him, then they need to know so that they can try themselves!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back