IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about why some posters' radar on this one is going off (wanting to see exactly why their gut impulses match my own) while also recognizing my own tendency to immediately go to worst-case scenario. Judging from his public statements, this guy is a far stronger person than I would be if this happened to my husband of 44 years. I would not be able to compose anything halfway coherent and forward-looking. I would be an utter mess and in total, mute shock. Others would have to make statements for me. (Maybe that's what's happened here.) Also, personality differences might account for such a faith-filled statement afterwards. Though I'm a person of faith, too, I wouldn't be able to voice it so quickly. (Had a sister mysteriously go missing years ago, so know a little about this sort of thing. She surfaced weeks later, thank God, but it puts a family through torment as their imaginations consider every possibility, none of them good.

In the church audios, she speaks so lovingly of her dad and his protectiveness of her when she was younger. Can only imagine this has destroyed him.

This occurred to me too. I'm sure investigators will look at the church members. My mind immediately jumped to male perp, but I'd even entertain that a female might've done it.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a study that shows statistically the likelihood that "the husband/boyfriend did it." That's always my first thought too, and I feel terrible when it turns out the poor man is innocent.

For example, although I came in late to the Whitney Heichel murder, after they found her, I expect every word her husband Clint said was analyzed. It turned out to be their neighbor, someone they knew casually in their congregation. Whitney had no reason to distrust him. I wonder if Amanda's killer is someone she knew from their church...someone she would open the door to (assuming there is no evidence of a break-in). Whitney was very pretty and her killer was obsessed. Could this have happened to Amanda?

If it comes out that she was sexually assaulted, I think this is a likely scenario.

Pardon me if it's already been stated in MSM that she was not sexually assaulted.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ured-morning-shooting-northwestside/75254320/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tors-wife-ventilator-after-shooting/75631568/

According to these reports, Amanda remains on life-support. Seems some folks have been awfully quick to report her passing. I'm sure Amanda's family and friends are finding strength in their faith right now but, personally, I would expect to see prayers for a miracle before a donation site to pay for her funeral. That's hinky to me.

If it comes out that she was sexually assaulted, I think this is a likely scenario.

Pardon me if it's already been stated in MSM that she was not sexually assaulted.
There were some comments on social media news outlets that made reference to this, but no MSM AFAIK.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/...ails-of-womans-death-in-violent-home-invasion

"Detectives and a second crime lab team revisited the Blackburn home on Sunnyfield Court on Indianapolis' northwest side Wednesday night after releasing the house Tuesday back to the family.

A local professional commercial cleaning company had already been called in and had left the home by Wednesday afternoon.

There's no word yet on why police relaunched the evidence techs."

I just took my dog for a walk in the middle of the day. As I was exiting my home into my quiet (and safe) neighborhood, it struck me that any one of my neighbors, most of whom I do not know, probably know my exact routine and if they wanted to, could probably get in and out and kill me pretty quickly.

The neighborhood is nice but anything close to 38th street is a bit sketchy. FYI...Indy is my hometown and I know the area pretty well.
I hope they solve this one soon.

How close to 38th street is this neighborhood. Seems there were lots of cameras in the neighborhood which makes me think they do have troubles there.

It's strange because burglers don't want to get trapped in cul de sacs.

BBM: Temptation from what, exactly, I wonder? Interesting statement, IMHO.

Not entirely uncommon in certain religious circles for men avoiding the "temptation" of *advertiser censored*, often because of typical teenaged behavior being painted as deviant.

Like many of you, I read this article on my Yahoo home page and immediately came here to follow. I knew there would be a thread already.

She was so beautiful. I feel so bad for their son too. He's probably only going to know his mom by pictures. :(

If it can be proven he was at the gym, then the next logical question is who knew he would be there on that day and at that time? There can't be very many, I would think.

Police announced that there will be a press conference tomorrow at 10 am.

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2015/11/11/mom-of-slain-alabama-infant-disputes-allegations

What a weird case. The husband's statement was odd to me but I'm an atheist so I may be missing the subtleties. On the one hand I understand that he was reassuring his congregation that the church will continue to flourish and that he won't abandon them. OTOH though, I found it jarring that he was referring to his wife in the past tense even while she was still alive.

IOW, what if a church member had terminal cancer and was in hospice? Would he and church members begin eulogizing him/her even before they passed away? Wouldn't they all instead pray for a "miracle?" Ah well, I'm not the best person to analyze such things. The call for money seemed to come quickly too but I guess it had to in order to pay for the burial.

Anyway, my point is that things feel a little hinky to me too but I'm still open to the possibility that the perp is an acquaintance or a stranger. Maybe the press conference will shed more light on the case.

Any man who needs safeguards on his "devices" to avoid temptations and then regularly goes to the "gym" is at least being hypocritical, IMO.

RSBM. This is quite the generalization. So a man who may be tempted to look at *advertiser censored* can't keep himself in good physical shape??

The issue about the donation link on their church page.....maybe that was already there before? And now it takes on a whole new meaning? I mean, that's how pastor's make their money/salary, is through church offerings. And since this was a relatively new church, I can see how they would ask for help that way?

Just something I was wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member