AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that ANY drug dealer would allow so me one to run up $25k debt. They couldn't afford it, and it wouldn't be tolerated. I think the figure she was given to buy drugs has been grossly inflated. If she was in fact given money to procure drugs and take them back to Alice. In my opinion anyway.

Yes, the drug dealers do let druggies run up debts. Maybe they pick a person (someone in need of drugs for themself) on purpose sometimes to let them run up a debt, so they can control the person in debt to them..get them to do the risky work - picking up drugs, dropping them off, drug courier.

If they don't do it, most likely they will end up dead and dumped somewhere isolated.

The drugs would have cost the dealer far less than the street value of them.

Here is an example ($30 000 debt)
http://www.wavefm.com.au/news/illawarra-newsroom/90796-berkeley-hairdresser-sold-drugsto-pay-debt

Yes, the drug dealers do let druggies run up debts. Maybe they pick a person (someone in need of drugs for themself) on purpose sometimes to let them run up a debt, so they can control the person in debt to them..get them to do the risky work - picking up drugs, dropping them off, drug courier.

If they don't do it, most likely they will end up dead and dumped somewhere isolated.

The drugs would have cost the dealer far less than the street value of them.

Here is an example ($30 000 debt)
http://www.wavefm.com.au/news/illawarra-newsroom/90796-berkeley-hairdresser-sold-drugsto-pay-debt

It is possible to have a drug debt not to a dealer. What about loan sharks and credit cards? I also think it is possible to rack up a decent drug debt using a combination of drugs. Granted ice is a cheap drug in the scheme of things but I doubt very much that ice is the only drug of choice for someone in that world. A close family member had a drug debt at one stage of $50k mostly for cocaine which is a bit more 'high end' (for want of a better description). I dont think that particular debt was directly with the dealer (or perhaps it was a combination of both).

Do you think HP would commit ID fraud, on this scale, of a live person where the chances and speed of detection would be greatly higher?

I'm of firm belief that if she is the fraudster, a
t the very least, she was aware of K&K's deaths (or Karlie's death and Kandles sale) and deserves punishment for that and the frauds.

Blaming others for manipulation or the accident etc is not an excuse or acceptable defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbm
Maybe.....if she felt Karlie owed her for something and was unlikely to get the money back.

Just wondering if anyone knows what year the credit union changed names? If it also had a change of bsb? That could be the issue that Centrelink found as it was unable to pay her benefits if the bsb had changed.

Just wondering if anyone knows what year the credit union changed names? If it also had a change of bsb? That could be the issue that Centrelink found as it was unable to pay her benefits if the bsb had changed.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busin...est-credit-union/story-e6fredj3-1225923870353

You might be on to something Ruby . This article mentions the merger of Australian Central Credit Union ( the bank at which wheelchair woman impersonated Karlie )with another credit union, and a name change mid 2011.

Karlie's account was with Australian Central. I had an account with the other credit union (Savings & Loans) involved with the merger and I know the BSB changed for me. I imagine that it would have for Australian Central holders as well, but I can't find any traces of that online.

Nice thinking, Ruby-roo :)

Okay, at this point if the BSB changes, the bank notifies our fraudsters. They are going to need to inform Centrelink of the BSB change and this would probably require an attendance, bank statement in hand , to show the new account details.

Maybe HP had enough at this point. Maybe she said, no more. And there's a lot of fighting and then they up and leave their address in Hillbank mid 2011, leaving behind a lot of stuff. Maybe this is when they split?

He keeps the card, as it is last used in Charnwood, in Canberra in March 2012.

I know that the court and the police complex is there. I live in Adelaide. But it says
respect to what is known about the suspects involved in the financial aspects of the bank account transactions, Centrelink fraud and use of the phone, at least one offender is a male, there may have been more and at least two are females and those suspects either resided at or associated with or were listed in connection with properties at Davoren Park, Hillbank, Holden Hill and Charnwood in Canberra.

Properties - not businesses or services. Houses.

I don't believe that ANY drug dealer would allow so me one to run up $25k debt. They couldn't afford it, and it wouldn't be tolerated. I think the figure she was given to buy drugs has been grossly inflated. If she was in fact given money to procure drugs and take them back to Alice. In my opinion anyway.

ok then......I live in Adelaide too and those three areas are well known for housing trust housing areas.....low income disability etc etc

It is possible to have a drug debt not to a dealer. What about loan sharks and credit cards? I also think it is possible to rack up a decent drug debt using a combination of drugs. Granted ice is a cheap drug in the scheme of things but I doubt very much that ice is the only drug of choice for someone in that world. A close family member had a drug debt at one stage of $50k mostly for cocaine which is a bit more 'high end' (for want of a better description). I dont think that particular debt was directly with the dealer (or perhaps it was a combination of both).

That may explain a debt on that scale for coke but, from an experience similar to yours, they'd have to be 'good for it'; ie, not your average Joe can afford, or world probably even think of using, coke on a regular basis when there are cheaper and easier to acquire drugs available such as ice, etc. Different effects, I know, but 'horses for courses', right? I'm not sure the people involved would've inhabited that particular world.

As for an ice debt of that much, in the short amount of time Karlie existed in the world inhabited by HP and DJH, they would have to be stonkered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by my reckoning. In any case, MDMA was the only drug use reported prior to that time when the Marla accident occurred.

Granted, I could be very wrong. It still worries me how unhappy, pale and thin Karlie was in the Marion photo in November 2008 compared to another photo (date unknown) showing her as tanned, happy and with meat on her bones. Whatever occurred in her life between those two photos seems to have sucked the life right out of her. Just what that was, I don't know.

Okay, at this point if the BSB changes, the bank notifies our fraudsters. They are going to need to inform Centrelink of the BSB change and this would probably require an attendance, bank statement in hand , to show the new account details.

Maybe HP had enough at this point. Maybe she said, no more. And there's a lot of fighting and then they up and leave their address in Hillbank mid 2011, leaving behind a lot of stuff. Maybe this is when they split?

He keeps the card, as it is last used in Charnwood, in Canberra in March 2012.

Great collaborative thinking Rubes and 1968! This is why I love WS (and WSers).

I've been wracking my brain trying to think of a reason for the Centrelink interview, impersonation of Karlie and the failed attempt at additional Social Security Benefit fraud. You may really be on to something.

With some unscrupulous people a couple of grand debt can quickly become 5, then 10 then 25 if you don't repay the initial amount when they click their fingers.

The $25,000 figure could well be an exaggeration though anyway, I'm not convinced that the source of that info was completely reliable.

True but I really think it was a spurious reason given to Karlie' and Khandalyce's nearest and dearest by the impostors to extract funds from them. It has now become 'factitious' through someone who, I suspect, heard it secondhand.

Not necessarily. I've changed banks and simply phoned to update details. They ask you your full name, CRN, and DOB for security purposes and then simply update bank details. All of which, it clearly seems, HP and DH had access to. But anything is possible.

Karlie's account was with Australian Central. I had an account with the other credit union (Savings & Loans) involved with the merger and I know the BSB changed for me. I imagine that it would have for Australian Central holders as well, but I can't find any traces of that online.

Nice thinking, Ruby-roo :)

The Australian Central Credit Union merged with Savings and Loan Credit Union on 1/12/2009.

http://www.mycuhistory.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=681&Itemid=716

The imposter attended the Credit Union to update banking details in June 2010, 6 months after the merge. I suspect that if the BSB records were changed, this would already have been attended to, prior to this date (though I can't say for sure). I remember when St George Bank merged with Westpac, I didn't need to change the BSB or the account number, but not sure if this is across the board with other banking institutions or not. In any case, there is a discrepancy of 6 months from when the merge occurred and the bank details were updated. Not quite sure what this means, or if it means anything, but it's worth consideration.

"A wheelchair-bound woman, accompanied by a man, attended the Elizabeth branch of the Australian Central Credit Union in June 2010 and updated Karlie’s bank records." (BBM).

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/belanglo-murder-karlie-pearce-stevensons-killer-stole-90000-by-assuming-her-identity/story-fni0xqrc-1227584531442

It wasn't until December 2010 that the imposter attended the Adelaide Centrelink office with ID documents. This is 6 months after the imposter attended the Credit Union to update records, so I'm not sure if this would be connected. If the bank details were changed in June 2010, there is a 6 month period before the imposter attended Centrelink with ID documents. I would imagine that if the bank details had to be changed, to ensure payments were still received by the Credit Union, they would need to attend Centrelink before a 6 month period.

"In December 2010 a woman, who investigators are unsure is the same as the woman in a wheelchair, went to an Adelaide Centrelink office with identity documents for Karlie and Khandalyce." (BBM) (see link above).

Not too sure what any of this means, but I personally am leaning towards the imposter having to attend Centrelink for other reasons.

True but I really think it was a spurious reason given to Karlie' and Khandalyce's nearest and dearest by the impostors to extract funds from them. It has now become 'factitious' through someone who, I suspect, heard it secondhand.

My thoughts exactly,
It sounds like someone trying to get a bit of media attention for himself.
"Oh yeah I knew KPS she was a drug runner, owed like $25,000, yep bad person" will I be all over the news now? Trying to get the limelight.
I just really don't see someone in Alice Springs allowing a debt to get that out of hand or handing over $25k to purchase drugs. Especially back in 2007/2008. Yeah maybe In the Eastern States or other states with higher populations, maybe more bikies and higher proportion of "users" but the territory was predominantly weed until the ice scourge hit a few years ago. I know there have always been other drugs too, I Know someone that was busted in 2007 for a pretty big transportation of weed and other drugs. But it has predominantly been bikie related, well the big jobs anyway.
In my opinion anyway. Or it's a smaller debt/amount of cash and it's been talked up for the media circus.

Not necessarily. I've changed banks and simply phoned to update details. They ask you your full name, CRN, and DOB for security purposes and then simply update bank details. All of which, it clearly seems, HP and DH had access to. But anything is possible.

That's pretty lucky, I've never heard of that before. I had to attend when I changed banks and now I have to do it online.

The reason why I thought of the issue might be to do with the credit union change, I used to work for a bank and any transfers to other banks were very easy, but to do a transfer to a credit union was really difficult, there is the account number for them then they use a clearing house, that is a big bank takes the money then transfers it to the credit union. But in saying this not all credit unions had agreements with the banks so it made it impossible to transfer. I have been out of the bank for 6 years now so it may have changed. Long story short credit unions are difficult to do transfers and especially if there is a bsb change, that could be the issue.

I don't know whether Khandalyce was born in the first or second half of 2006, but if the first, she would have been due to start compulsory education in 2011. Possibly Centrelink sent out forms asking for school enrolment or other details because of Khandalyce's age. According to the Human Services website, the Schoolkids bonus is paid automatically to eligible families in January but you must first supply your child's enrolment details.

I don't know whether Khandalyce was born in the first or second half of 2006, but if the first, she would have been due to start compulsory education in 2011. Possibly Centrelink sent out forms asking for school enrolment or other details because of Khandalyce's age. According to the Human Services website, the Schoolkids bonus is paid automatically to eligible families in January but you must first supply your child's enrolment details.

Yes, I too wondered this early on, wondering whether they stopped using her account once it became harder to defraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member