GUILTY LA - Med student shot, couple abducted & raped, New Orleans, 20-21 Nov 2015

Prayers for Peter Gold. I am relieved to read that he is expected to recover. So thankful for the video that led to the ID of the perpetrator. Hope he's captured soon.

I hope he's locked up forever! The image of him trying to shoot Peter Gold over and over and his gun jamming are haunting. So thankful Peter Gold is alive!

Let's all hope this joker's kept off the streets for a long long time. He's one sick puppy.

Euric Cain pleads guilty, to serve 50 years for shooting Tulane student Peter Gold, rapes

Euric Cain, the man accused of shooting a Tulane University medical student -- in an incident captured on video -- and raping a couple less than 24 hours later last November, pleaded guilty Monday (Oct. 24) as part of an agreement that will see him serve approximately 50 years in prison.

Criminal District Judge Robin Pittman said she will impose the sentence Oct. 31 for Cain, 22, after accepting his guilty pleas to charges that included the attempted first-degree murder of Peter Gold. Cain shot Gold as the medical student intervened in Cain's attempted kidnapping and rape of a woman in the Lower Garden District on Nov. 20, 2015.

The official sentencing was delayed for a week so that Cain's victims can be present next Monday to speak in court. Depending upon the sentence Pittman imposes on Cain for an unrelated jailhouse offense, he will spend between 46 and 50 years behind bars for his violent crimes.

Orleans Parish District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro hailed the outcome, calling Cain's actions "one of the most horrific crime sprees in recent memory in this city, which is saying plenty."

Gold issued a statement thanking police and prosecutors for bringing Cain to justice.

"My thoughts and prayers are with the other victims; we have all been through much this year," Gold said. "I also remain thankful to all who supported me, Tulane University and the staff at University Medical Center for saving my life and continuing to do their amazing work every day in our community."

Euric Cain's girlfriend set free after plea agreement - May

Nictoria Washington, the teenage girlfriend accused of harboring accused gunman, rapist and robber Euric Cain as he tried evading a police manhunt last November, was ordered to be set free Tuesday (May 24) after reaching a plea agreement with state prosecutors.

Washington, 18, pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts of criminal mischief and was sentenced to six months in the parish jail. Criminal District Judge Robin Pittman agreed that Washington already had satisfied that sentence, since she has been jailed since her arrest last Nov. 23, when New Orleans police found her with Cain inside a home on Delachaise Street.

Washington's defense attorney Gregory Carter said his client was expected to be released from the Orleans Justice Center by late Tuesday afternoon.

So glad he got convicted,band I hope he serves the entire sentence. Nothing mentioned of Peter. I hope he made a full recovery. He should be honored in some way for his compassion and bravery helping this lady. If he hadn't come along, she too might have been raped.

Euric Cain gets 54 years; 'I have never in my life encountered such evil,' victim says

Euric Cain had nothing to say Monday (Oct. 31) as an Orleans Parish judge imposed punishment for his 2015 spree of rapes, armed robberies and the attempted murder of a Tulane medical student that will see him imprisoned until the age of 75.

Cain declined the opportunity to speak to the judge or three of his victims, who made emotional statements in court about how Cain's violence in November 2015 nearly destroyed their lives.

"It hurts me to know that another human being can do this to people," said Dr. Peter Gold, the man Cain shot in the stomach and then tried to shoot in the head twice, only to have the gun malfunction.

Judge Robin Pittman imposed a sentence that will keep Cain, 22, locked up until 2069 without the benefit of parole or early release.

Less than 24 hours after shooting Gold, New Orleans police said Cain kidnapped a couple sitting in a parked car in Treme, forced them to drive to an abandoned school in the Florida neighborhood, and then raped and robbed them both at gunpoint. NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune generally does not identify victims of sex crimes.

"To be suddenly taken out like that, and demoralized and dehumanized ... to have every bad thing you can imagine being done to you by someone who had no right to do it, our whole lives were destroyed over it," the male victim testified Friday. "We will get past this, but this was absolutely destructive on every level. It's affected my life, her life and so many lives."

The female victim told Cain, "I'm glad this day has finally arrived. I have never in my life encountered such evil.

"That night, he boasted that his nickname was 'Murder.' He did murder us, a little piece of us. He maimed us that night, during that heinous act. ... Why this individual, at 21, thought he could project himself into others' lives ... I have no idea what is wrong with him."

Euric Cain guilty plea hinged on failed insanity claim, DA Cannizzaro says

Heartless . Maybe he'll get a little jailhouse justice! Paybacks a mother!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back