IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad they got 'em. I figured it was a team of thieving a$$&*es.

Now we'll have to wait and see if the justice system plans on executing them someday for this, or if they're going to live out the rest of their lives in an 8' x 10' cell. I guess Taylor is going to be the one getting the needle right ??

Serious question.....are criminals that stupid to sell their wares on Craigslist?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes they do it all the time with stolen animals, and merchandise. How is buyer to know if it's stolen or not. you would be surprised what criminals do. I use to counsel inmates, and I heard all kinds of things from them.They need to get harsher sentencing in Indiana, those guys should of never been out of prison, and the one guy was out before his earliest release date. I am glad they solved who murdered her. I hope she can rest in peace now.

I just didn't want the rape part to be true. And why does it take a rape and murder to get these people off the street. Geez

I agree:(. I was so hoping that sexual assault was just a rumor :( :(.

RIP, Amanda.

I'm glad they got 'em. I figured it was a team of thieving a$$&*es.

Now we'll have to wait and see if the justice system plans on executing them someday for this, or if they're going to live out the rest of their lives in an 8' x 10' cell. I guess Taylor is going to be the one getting the needle right ??

All three of them should get the needle. It takes a true monster to be OK with their buddy staying behind to rape and murder.

Thank you LE .

ETA These perps, some or all, are the ones LE was questioning a few days ago ?

Oh man, it was true about the SA. How do these people become so mean and cruel? Well, I'm glad they are caught so they can't hurt any more people. So sad for Amanda's suffering. :(

I can't imagine how Davey must feel about leaving a door unlocked. That will haunt him the rest of his life I'm sure. I assume these guys would have found a way to get in regardless though. My husband often leaves doors unlocked at night and it freaks me out to wake up and realize our entire house has been unsecured.

It also sounds like Amanda was not sleeping when this happened. I read early on she would wake up in the morning and do her daily devotions. I wonder if she heard something and walked out to the living room. I would think your sense of fear would be less at 6:00 a.m. than in the middle of the night if you heard a sound. I don't know though.

It depends I think on what really happened.

Often people have a false sense of security if they live in what they believe to be a safe area. Since it has been mentioned Amanda got up early every morning to study her bible... like you have said, I believe she was already up and may have walked to the door with Davey to kiss him goodbye and didn't lock the door back after he left.

She was usually home by herself while he went to the church. She did her furniture refurbishing in their garage. Due to the toxic fumes that are present when redoing wood furniture I don't even think she even left the garage door down when she was working in the garage. I doubt she locked her doors during the day. Even those with alarm systems usually don't have them activated during the day.

Anyway, I am so happy to see these arrests.

IMO

omg...how horrible...:no: I was hoping she didn't have to endure even more than what we knew of already....she must have been absolutely terrified...my heart hurts so much right now...

:rose::rose::rose:Amanda

Unfortunately, the maximum sentence in Indiana for a Level 1 Felony Murder is 65 years. With credit for good behavior, Larry Taylor will be back on the street before he reaches his 52nd birthday. This doesn't qualify as a death penalty case.

Teen Arrested in Killing of Indianapolis Pastor's Pregnant Wife

An 18-year-old has been arrested in connection with the slaying of Amanda Blackburn, a pastor’s pregnant wife who was shot in the head during an alleged home invasion in Indianapolis.
Larry Taylor, 18, was taken into custody on Sunday on a preliminary charge of murder.

https://gma.yahoo.com/teen-arrested...ianapolis-114929294--abc-news-topstories.html

Unfortunately, the maximum sentence in Indiana for a Level 1 Felony Murder is 65 years. With credit for good behavior, Larry Taylor will be back on the street before he reaches his 52nd birthday. This doesn't qualify as a death penalty case.

What keeps this from being DP ?

Oh man, it was true about the SA. How do these people become so mean and cruel? Well, I'm glad they are caught so they can't hurt any more people. So sad for Amanda's suffering. :(

I am one of the few that always believed everything that was told to reporter Grace throughout this case. When he said LE had cleared Davey 100% I believed him and not once did LE come out to refute what he reported either like they tried to suppress the rape information. I felt they did that trying to save Davey and his/her family pain from it being splattered all across the news. I knew that was going to be true as well. I also believed the info about sustaining three injuries. LE never refuted that information. So all and all the local reporters were pretty spot on all along.

Remember in the Dermond case when it first hit the news and for weeks after it was always one reporter that got the inside scoop from LE every time , Mark Winne in Atlanta. The close relationship between reporter and a high ranking officer in a PD can go on for many years. The source will continue to give them information if they have proved themselves trustworthy and never expose their source. I think this is what happened in this case.

Sadly, I am not surprised by any of this or how they did it. I had said earlier this was going to be another case of a horrible home invasion that turned out to be so tragic for the innocent victim inside.

It had all the ear-markings of similar home invasion cases in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised either if more charges are filed against them before this is all over with. I think they have been doing this for sometime now and I hope all the living victims will step forward if they recognize them once their photos are shown.

Justice will not bring total peace for anyone but it will bring a small amount of peace to the many loved ones who grieves for Amanda. Justice will be done.

IMO

She/He could of let the dog out and left the door unlocked. You don't think you are going to be robbed/assaulted early in the morning. So sad for the family.

I respectfully disagree unless Indy has some weird laws about death penalty cases.

He was in the commission of two other felonies (felony armed robbery-felony rape) when he committed the act of murder. They only have to be charged with one other felony besides the murder to qualify for felony murder making them eligible for the death penalty. They can also qualify if the murder was especially heinous and cruel and this is about as cruel as it gets.

Is the child she was carrying considered as another victim by the Indiana courts?

IMO

I am one of the few that always believed everything that was told to reporter Grace throughout this case. When he said LE had cleared Davey 100% I believed him and not once did LE come out to refute what he reported either like they tried to suppress the rape information. I felt they did that trying to save Davey and his/her family pain from it being splattered all across the news. I knew that was going to be true as well. I also believed the info about sustaining three injuries. LE never refuted that information. So all and all the local reporters were pretty spot on all along.

Remember in the Dermond case when it first hit the news and for weeks after it was always one reporter that got the inside scoop from LE every time , Mark Winne in Atlanta. The close relationship between reporter and a high ranking officer in a PD can go on for many years. The source will continue to give them information if they have proved themselves trustworthy and never expose their source. I think this is what happened in this case.

Sadly, I am not surprised by any of this or how they did it. I had said earlier this was going to be another case of a horrible home invasion that turned out to be so tragic for the innocent victim inside.

It had all the ear-markings of similar home invasion cases in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised either if more charges are filed against them before this is all over with. I think they have been doing this for sometime now and I hope all the living victims will step forward if they recognize them once their photos are shown.

Justice will not bring total peace for anyone but it will bring a small amount of peace to the many loved ones who grieves for Amanda. Justice will be done.

IMO

ITA with all of this. And I will add that I also thought it was a teen all along. A stupid, stupid teen.

Probably already mentioned. Quote:

CBS4 News has learned that three men have been taken into custody in connection with the Amanda Blackburn murder and sexual assault investigation. Sources say they will also be charged in three more burglaries, including a rape at the Westlake Apartments.

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/11/23/impd-makes-arrests-in-amanda-blackburn-case/

So, there's a previous rape involving these guys. This story names all three while every other story I've seen only names one. Larry Taylor, Jalen Watson and Diano Gordan.

Husband's statement:
http://wishtv.com/2015/11/23/impd-arrest-made-in-amanda-blackburn-murder/

“Though it does not undo the pain we are feeling, I was extremely relieved to get the news of the arrest made last night of Amanda’s killer. The investigators have assured me they have a solidly-built case to ensure justice is levied and the process is expedited. The family and I couldn’t be more thankful for the level of compassion and professionalism the IMPD and investigators have shown us through the last couple of weeks. My hope is for three things in the weeks and months to come:

1. That the court system would have wisdom on how to prosecute this man, so that no one else endures the pain Amanda and our family have had to endure because of his actions.
  2. That through all of this and although there will be great consequences for his actions, he would become truly sorry for what he has done and would even begin to experience the life-transforming power of the Grace and Mercy of Jesus Christ.
  3. That Jesus would give me and our family a heart of forgiveness.
Though everything inside of me wants to hate, be angry, and slip into despair I choose the route of forgiveness, grace and hope. If there is one thing I’ve learned from Amanda in the 10 years we were together, it’s this: Choosing to let my emotions drive my decisions is recipe for a hopeless and fruitless life. Today I am deciding to love, not hate. Today I am deciding to extend forgiveness, not bitterness. Today I am deciding to hope, not despair. By Jesus’ power at work within us, the best is STILL yet to come. Even when I don’t see it, I believe it to be true.”

Bessie, when you linked all the home invasions that have happened this year in Indy wasn't some of them involving rapes of the victims? Do you know if all of those cases are solved or are some of them still unsolved?

tia

Husband's statement:
http://wishtv.com/2015/11/23/impd-arrest-made-in-amanda-blackburn-murder/

“Though it does not undo the pain we are feeling, I was extremely relieved to get the news of the arrest made last night of Amanda’s killer. The investigators have assured me they have a solidly-built case to ensure justice is levied and the process is expedited. The family and I couldn’t be more thankful for the level of compassion and professionalism the IMPD and investigators have shown us through the last couple of weeks. My hope is for three things in the weeks and months to come:

1. That the court system would have wisdom on how to prosecute this man, so that no one else endures the pain Amanda and our family have had to endure because of his actions.
  2. That through all of this and although there will be great consequences for his actions, he would become truly sorry for what he has done and would even begin to experience the life-transforming power of the Grace and Mercy of Jesus Christ.
  3. That Jesus would give me and our family a heart of forgiveness.
Though everything inside of me wants to hate, be angry, and slip into despair I choose the route of forgiveness, grace and hope. If there is one thing I’ve learned from Amanda in the 10 years we were together, it’s this: Choosing to let my emotions drive my decisions is recipe for a hopeless and fruitless life. Today I am deciding to love, not hate. Today I am deciding to extend forgiveness, not bitterness. Today I am deciding to hope, not despair. By Jesus’ power at work within us, the best is STILL yet to come. Even when I don’t see it, I believe it to be true.”

Wow. And this is why he is a pastor. Beautiful man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member