CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS News ‏@CBSNews 6m6 minutes ago
NEW: U.S. official told CBS News suspect Syed Farook met, became engaged to Tashfeen Malik, a Pakistani, during 2013 trip to Saudi Arabia.

Lots of ties to Pakistan for both of them. SF's parents are Pakistani immigrants, and he is first generation born here. Likely he and TM speak the same dialect.

But as authorities stitch together the events surrounding the latest U.S. mass shooting, two disparate portraits emerge — one of American suburban stability and the other of immigrant reinvention — that seem to intersect somewhere in the Pakistani diaspora.

Farook — born in Illinois to Pakistani immigrant parents...

Malik was born in Pakistan and spent time in Saudi Arabia before marrying Farook, said Ayloush, the Muslim community leader.

On another matchmaker site, Dubaimatrimonial.com, a person believed to be Farook described himself as having family roots in Karachi, noting he was born in Chicago and was residing in Los Angeles as an American citizen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-bernardino-suspects-and-other-mass-shooters/

I don't care who they were or where they were from or anything. I don't think labeling it means a darn thing. They killed people and now they are dead. The end.

What good does it do to label it? Is a murder less of a murder because it is not labeled something? Is a murder more of a murder because it is? No.
Labels are so people can feel better but it does not mean squat.
More laws won't help because the people who do these things don't care about laws.

I feel bad for the victims and I feel bad for his family and daughter. They are the ones left to take the brunt of what they have done.

I have not found any of the statements about recognizing his voice. but I did find one thing:

The suspects burst in wearing masks and firing rifles. At least one witness believed they recognized one of the shooters from the earlier confrontation, according to an official close to the probe.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/active-shooter-reported-in-southern-california-1449085770

A source tells Dina that witnesses appeared to recognize his voice and build even though he was wearing a ski mask. His brother, a source told Dina, is also a subject of the investigation.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...er-situation-reported-in-san-bernardino-calif

Bringing this to the thread (thank you for mentioning it. I'm not able to watch the presser, so I would've missed this had you not posted on it. Scary stuff!)

(Via the US State Department)
Inspire Magazine and IEDs

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/185406.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMGosh - Now I'm paranoid that just because I looked at the site, I'm going on some government watch list. That mag is
beyond scary. Whew. (I know I am a wimp, yes.) I ran away before finishing it.

But kimi, thanks for posting -- we do need to know these parts...

(I keep thinking about a handbasket that we may be in... JMO)

A few years ago, I had neighbors in my condo complex that were Indian. They would have gatherings at the condo with all men, 20 plus in a 2 bedroom place. The noise and smoking was pretty bad. The women were never allowed to attend. Sometimes, they would pour out of there and I couldn't believe how many men could actually fit in one place and WHY? They were packed in there like sardines and it couldn't' be comfortable. But, they weren't doing anything wrong, just gathering as a group to chat and whatever else they did. They were all employed with B of A and our complex was one that had corporate housing. If I saw it happen again, it would bother me (because of the noise and smoke) but I wouldn't think terrorism. Thinking back, they had packages regularly delivered. Zero furniture, only plastic chairs and those huge bottles of water. The only reason I ever thought to call the police was the noise. Now, if something like this happened and it involved them, I would be kicking myself and red flags would have gone up afterwards.

ETA: And I have reported tons of things to LE! Not shy about it.

Syed Rizwan Farook — one-half of the couple behind the San Bernardino shooting massacre — was apparently radicalized and in touch with people being investigated by the FBI for international terrorism, law enforcement officials said Thursday.

Farook’s apparent radicalization contributed to his role in the mass shooting, with his wife Tashfeen Malik, of 14 people Wednesday during a holiday party for the San Bernardino County health department, where Farook worked, sources said.

Still, it wasn’t necessarily the only driver behind the carnage, as workplace grievances may have also played a role…

Farook traveled to Saudi Arabia for several weeks in 2013 on the Hajj, the annual pilgrimage to Mecca that Muslims are required to take at least once in their lifetime, which didn’t raise red flags, said two government officials. It was during this trip that he met Malik, a native of Pakistan who came to the United States on a “fiancée visa” and later became a lawful permanent resident.

https://radio.foxnews.com/2015/12/0...as-radicalized-in-touch-with-terror-suspects/

Red BBM

A source tells Dina that witnesses appeared to recognize his voice and build even though he was wearing a ski mask. His brother, a source told Dina, is also a subject of the investigation.

So now I really want to know what he said to them when he returned with his assault weapons and his wife. What could he possibly say?

Of course the first thing that comes to mind is some kind of Jihadi mantra---but wouldn't someone have reported that? What else would there be to say? I am so curious now.

I don't care who they were or where they were from or anything. I don't think labeling it means a darn thing. They killed people and now they are dead. The end.

What good does it do to label it? Is a murder less of a murder because it is not labeled something? Is a murder more of a murder because it is? No.
Labels are so people can feel better but it does not mean squat.
More laws won't help because the people who do these things don't care about laws.

I feel bad for the victims and I feel bad for his family and daughter. They are the ones left to take the brunt of what they have done.

I think it is important to find out the motive. IMO, if it was just a workplace issue, and they were whackjobs that hated the co-workers, then this would be the end of it.

But I am not thinking that was the case here. All of the other ammo and pipe bombs were still in the garage. And reports of other men being there with him many times makes me wonder if it was a bigger cell. if so, then we need to uncover it so they do not attack another group of innocents.

What happened to him? I think his wife was a radical and she worked on him. Just a hunch, I could be wrong.

I heard someone report today that this is a common tactic used by some of these terrorist groups to recruit people. They hook them up with a "mail order bride" and then proceed to radicalize them.

I heard someone report today that this is a common tactic used by some of these terrorist groups to recruit people. They hook them up with a "mail order bride" and then proceed to radicalize them.

Exactly. Lots of cults work that way, like the Scientilogists and EST.

I heard 2 things on the news.
One, LE isn't even sure he left the party mad at something. That's still not clear. Also that the legally bought guns were not purchased by either him or his wife and LE will not say by who. You can be sure they are trying to find that person,if they don't already have them already.

So now I really want to know what he said to them when he returned with his assault weapons and his wife. What could he possibly say?

Of course the first thing that comes to mind is some kind of Jihadi mantra---but wouldn't someone have reported that? What else would there be to say? I am so curious now.

If he did say something, it will come out. However, some of the early reports were wrong. They had the wrong guy named, said Go-Pro camera's, 3 shooters, etc.. Some say he was angry and left, some say he left quietly and unnoticed. Different stories from different people and some 3rd or 4th party info.

[h=1]For kin of injured, hospital vigils and tales of terror[/h]
Peraza, who worked with gunman Syed Rizwan Farook, told her family that the shooters were dressed in black and wore black masks, according to the station. She said the shooters were silent as they shot at people in the conference room where most of the carnage occurred.

Does anyone have an idea when the next press conference will be today? I thought I read there would be one more - but I'm not sure where to see this information. (I don't have TV so I can't see CNN etc.)

[h=1]For kin of injured, hospital vigils and tales of terror[/h]
Peraza, who worked with gunman Syed Rizwan Farook, told her family that the shooters were dressed in black and wore black masks, according to the station. She said the shooters were silent as they shot at people in the conference room where most of the carnage occurred.

Thank You. That is what I heard at the first presser as well. Reports that they did not say anything. So I wonder how the witness recognized his voice?

If he did say something, it will come out. However, some of the early reports were wrong. They had the wrong guy named, said Go-Pro camera's, 3 shooters, etc.. Some say he was angry and left, some say he left quietly and unnoticed. Different stories from different people and some 3rd or 4th party info.

Funny thing with the Go Pro... they answer unconfirmed and they don't say there was no cam. I think they will find footage of this among the things at the residence. jmo idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks