DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

I wonder about him passing her off as well. He was not that great at hiding himself or his wife. Could he have been so sneaky with where he hid her? I don't know if that makes sense. But I suppose he may have disposed of her, assumed he would go on with life and then realized he was on the news and everyone knew what he'd done and then at the very last minute, decided to take his own life.
I think it was when he knew he'd be arrested for killing his wife that he decided to take his own life. I think Relisha was already gone. :( But, I believe Relisha's family knows what happened to her. Either LE needs to keep looking until they find her, or someone needs to crack.

For a long time I held onto hope she was still alive. But, after seeing the pictures of her with her teeth knocked out, I know she was abused at home and it's so difficult to come here. I'm not even sure Tatum was the one who killed her, but he likely disposed of her body.

I think of Relisha all the time. This case just breaks my heart. It's especially sad to think that so much related to this case happened in public places ~ a homeless shelter, hotels and a park ~ and yet no one is talking. No one speaking up for a child who cannot speak for herself.

Another disturbing case has just hit the news in Illinois. Two year old Kyrian Knox is missing, but nobody knows exactly when he went missing. His mother apparently left him with a friend's father, who passed him on to some unknown persons who pretended to have the mother's permission to take him. But LE say it is not an abduction. He may have been missing since the first week in August.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?290920-IL-Kyrian-Knox-2-Rockford-Aug-Sept-2015

11855807_10207730007674682_4621762142678837588_n.jpg

There is a collection of articles on Relisha at this link:

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2014/09/16/relisha-rudd-dc-missing-birthday/15730207/

The articles are from a year ago and older. Relisha will be 10 years old Oct. 29.

The link includes a video, and pictures of the hotel room where Andrea was murdered. The pictures show a used towel on a table and looks like clothes hanging up in the back of the room so it must be in the same condition Tatum left it in except removing the bloody linen from the bed and probably replacing the mattress. I wonder what all investigators found in that room?

Where is she???? I just cant let it go!! If she is no longer alive, where is her body? Come on! He wasnt that damn slick! He left Andrea on a bed. He left himself in a building. But, I am supposed to believe that he was able to hide her so well? They should have all his phone pings. They have several hotels worth of video. This shouldnt be THAt hard? Which leads me back to that nagging question---- is she alive??? If so, we all know he sold her. She NEEDS to be found!!! She needs to be found. She is worth it. She is worth the effort. She is worth the investigating. She was with him, so follow his leads! Her family will be of zero help with the investigation, and actually confuse things, so follow his leads! I hate that she just seems forgotten. I keep thinking of Michelle Knight. I don't want her to go un-looked for for 10 years!!! She is young and her looks are rapidly changing! The longer it goes, the less likely she will be recognized. I know there was a minute they said they were on a recovery, not a rescue operation. Then, tell us why. Let us help. Stop keeping THIS CHILD in the dark. It is time to bring her into the light, where she belongs. End of my 500000th Relisha Rudd rant.

This is just breaking my heart.

If you ever read this, Relisha, please know that there are a whole lot of people who want you to be warm, and happy, and safe from those who have used and abused you. There are police officers who keep following leads. There are reporters who will not let your story simply disappear from the public's memory. There are teachers who keep checking on the little girls and boys who count on them as a stable force in their lives. There are social workers who care enough not to fall for fake sob stories, and who do the best they can to bring order into the chaos that rules too many families. There are people who talk about you in their church groups, who keep your name in their prayer circles. There are people who work to get your picture out to the community again and again. There are those who will go on searches, official and unofficial. There are those who can't be there, but who encourage those who are.

And there are some who keep a place open in their hearts for you, Relisha. If you read this, know that there are so very many people who know you are valuable, that you are worth loving, that it is worth every effort to find you.

You have not been forgotten. If I could, I would whisper to you in your dreams that you are special. That you hold so much potential. That you are loved. And that we share the hope that the next time you awaken, you will be surrounded by love.

I see a headline like this and think .................... But supposing ANY of our open cases on ws were resolved by a case like this. Would we ever know? They have to protect the names of the kids saved during this raid but wouldn't some of most of them be ' missing ' at some point? Yes, I realize some may have been sold or given up by their own parents into sex trafficking but I would imagine the number is far greater of kidnapped kids. So if any of ' our' kids like little R were saved from a raid like this, how would we ever know?

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/crim...saved-one-pimp-arrested-san-antonio/73925714/

Great question! I have no answer, but I have always and still do hold out hope that Relisha is still alive. I pray that she would not be returned to her *cough *cough mother or grandmother. Maybe she would be given a new identity and placed with a loving family under a witness protection program. One can dream, right?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RELISHA!

:balloons:
:gift: :partyguy:

With Love From Your Friends at Websleuths

Sweet Baby Girl, I so hope you are somewhere safe and warm and loved celebrating your birthday.

Lord, hear my prayer.

God bless Brenda Brown for always caring for Relisha and her memory.

God bless Brenda Brown for always caring for Relisha and her memory.

Amen! She has a big heart! And thanks Pops for always keeping us up to date with articles regarding Relisha.

<snipped from article> The group "We are Relisha" held the event. There were prayers, songs and dances...all to help support Rudd's family.

"We're also doing it to keep her face out there...because this child did not just drop off the face of the earth" said organizer Brenda Brown.

http://wjla.com/news/local/missing-since-2014-many-gather-to-remember-relisha-rudd

:partyguy::cake4u::bdsurprise::confetti::bdsong::bdscroll:

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y R E L I S H A

:bump: As Thanksgiving approaches, I think of Relisha. In my dreams, she is sitting around a huge family table with the biggest turkey ever and bowls of mashed potatoes and beans and dressing and cranberry sauce, rolls, sweet tea and all kinds of pie.

Still wondering if Tatum passed her off to someone else:

Feds nab sex traffickers in SD: 'catching awful lot of them'

In a squalid second-floor apartment, just blocks from the U.S. attorney's office, Mohammed Sharif Alaboudi ran a violent sex trafficking ring, preying on young, troubled women. He plied them with drugs and alcohol, gave them clothes and a place to stay, and forced them to engage in sex acts with strangers. Prosecutors dubbed his place a "house of horrors."

The case of Alaboudi, now serving four life terms, offers a glimpse into how the feds are waging an aggressive campaign to root out the illicit sex trade lurking in this seemingly unlikely locale: a low-crime state dotted with sleepy hamlets.

"We're just a friendly state and I think traffickers see this as a trusting place and think, 'They're never going to catch me. They're not so bright,'" says Jenise Pischel, program coordinator at Our Home Inc., a private non-profit that has helped trafficked girls, including a 14-year-old in the Alaboudi case. "Well, we seem to be catching an awful lot of them."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fe...ching-awful-lot-of-them/ar-BBn0mZK?li=BBieTUX

Happy Thanksgiving, little girl.
I hope you are warm, Relisha.
I hope you are hugged with care, and that you have soft blankets to sleep under.
I hope you can look out a window at the stars at night, and that someone is there to read you a story before you sleep.
I hope someone will hold you when you cry, and dry your tears.
I hope you have sparkly dressup shoes, and red rainboots, and pink ballet slippers, and cool running shoes.
I hope you can write stories about kittens, and draw pictures of snowflakes, and sing songs at the top of your voice.
I hope one day you find your way to these pages, and learn how many people care about you.
I hope that the reporters who keep reminding their readers that we need to find you get their wish.
I hope that the police officers who keep looking for you are successful.
I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving, little one.

So here we are, Relisha, on the second Sunday of Advent, the Feast Day, appropriately enough, of Saint Nicholas. I always think of him as the patron saint of children, because so in many of the stories about him, St. Nicholas is rescuing children and returning them to those who love them. Often those returns are greeted as miracles by families who have despaired of seeing their little ones again.

So, I'm lighting two purple candles tonight and keeping in my heart the hope that somehow, the saint will find a way to save you from hurt, Relisha. That he'll find a way to guide searchers to you. That he'll find a way to let you know you have not been forgotten. That he will hearten the police officers, the journalists, the teachers, the seekers who will never give up.

Just two more weeks, and lots of children will find presents from Saint Nicholas under their Christmas trees and I hope you are among them.

In our hearts, Relisha, we're holding you safe and warm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back