AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to bet she has cut a deal. What is a bit of fraud in the scheme of things when the LE are after the murderer/s of a mother and a small innocent child? Im thinking of all the horrible things that LE have to deal with day in and day out. I dont for a second believe it is right, but I can see how it would be used to get the bigger result.

I am going to bet Hazel thinks she has cut a deal, Wex. It's no problem for the TaskForce Mallee to give Haze the impression they are not going to charge her re the fraud.. mainly because the fraud that Haze and Daniel did is a Federal case, not a state case. The AFP have jurisdiction over that, it being a crime against the Commonwealth. .. .. and oddly, its a fave crime with politicians, too, Welfare Fraud and its a very dicey thing for the AFP to cut a deal in that kind of crime no matter what the benefits of it would be.

There will be lots of waffle about the wonderfulness of Hazel, her Mother Theresa nature, her nurturing of Karlie, her heroism of defrauding the Commonwealth of Australia in the hopes of 'helping' Karlie, although how this actually 'helped' Karlie isn't made clear, there will be great sighs of compassion for her situation, and so on and on. But this is a woman, whom, despite turning up in a wheelchair with a 3 yr old perched on her paralysed legs, was sent away 'under caution' by the SA police. That means, as it plainly states, she has been cautioned and is in a state of suspicion and probable criminal indictment.

People often forget Hazel's 'under caution' status, which has not been lifted, nor altered, and will remain at this level at least until Holdom's appearance to answer this latest charge.

Inspector Hutchins said immunity from prosecution could be on the table for those not directly involved in murder of the Wynarka child.
"If you're on the periphery of this crime, come to us before we come to you," he said. "There is things we can offer, like immunity."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/little-gi...s-homicide-20150923-gjt1ah.html#ixzz3uQkNBxiH
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Didn't Hazel meet with the lawyer and after that went to the police? I'm not sure if she approached police first or police requested an interview with her?

I can't be certain but I think you have it right. She met with lawyer first then voluntarily went to the police.

I can't be certain but I think you have it right. She met with lawyer first then voluntarily went to the police.

this is , again, misinformation. Hazel was requested to attend the police station. Not once, not twice, but four times, in all. Requested by the police to attend the station for an interview. Her home was raided. Then , on instructions from the barrister handling her compensation case, Mr Boo was bought in. He attended the police station Hazel was being interviewed at after her home was raided, and after her second time of being requested to attend the police station.

I haven't read all the media today, but I bet the specific date and times are based on use of the key-card slightly before and later after the point where the suitcase was left. Or simply pings from the mobile phone (or sent texts or called someone) just before and just after (geographically).

Oh and I think the mis-information regarding the length of time the suitcase had been there is to give suspects a false sense of security when they are being questioned and to get them talking on their mobiles etc to give themselves away.

Oh and I think the mis-information regarding the length of time the suitcase had been there is to give suspects a false sense of security when they are being questioned and to get them talking on their mobiles etc to give themselves away.

You may well be right, Ruby.
It's frustrating though when one simply doesn't know what information can be believed.

IMO she is one cool character but also her high-priced help will have schooled her intensively as to what will get her undone I imagine

Pretty sure there will be no apologies!!

If I were in her position and was innocent. I sure as hell wouldn't be so composed and smiley, I'd be *advertiser censored* bricks. Hiding from the media and falling apart at the accusations. But nope she's loving the attention, playing up to the media, and being extremely cocky. So either she's extremely messed up or a sociopath. She's not letting her composed guard down or showing any emotion. I know what my gut is telling me. Imo

I am not sure what I would do if I was innocent and being accused, (as HP is) I suppose you would need to be in her situation really to know.
If she is involved in any way with the fraud, surely police would have arrested her already, however, that is nothing compared to murder, if she knew, she would be charged as an accessory.

Re Jayden Leskie case similarities.
With DH refusing to talk, which tells us a bit about his ablity to stonewall, I am also kind of concerned that the case against him will be enough to convict.
If he clams up and refuses to speak or answer any allegation, it will be only via direct evidence (phone pings, card being found in his possession etc) and third party testimony as to what they have seen or been told by him.
A clever lawyer, will toss in a bit of reasonable doubt - he made the calls as he was driving PAST the forest, but uh uh no your honour, he did NOT go into the forest.
And mmmm, card in his possession. Well he didn't know she was dead did he? He was just waiting to give it back to her and forgot about it. As to being seen with Khandalyce and Karlie, well he knew them, didn't he, but he did not kill them...
seen with Khandalyce? Your honour, that must have been a mistake and he was seen with her before Karlie was missing....

I hope they have an avalanche of evidence and they just crush him
with it, put him away for ever.

Let's not forget that HP was also a victim of this monster, through his own stupidity he made her a cripple and killed her 2 children for heavens sake. If justice had been served to them he would have been thrown in the slammer for manslaughter! .... and Karlie and baby Khandalyce would still be alive.

How could you impersonate someone at either a bank or Centerlink and not know that the person was deceased? It's not like Karlie asked her to go to her appointments.

Me too, I like it when police give out misleading information to media to toy with suspects!

I am not sure what I would do if I was innocent and being accused, (as HP is) I suppose you would need to be in her situation really to know.
If she is involved in any way with the fraud, surely police would have arrested her already, however, that is nothing compared to murder, if she knew, she would be charged as an accessory.

She certainly is presumed innocent at this point. Whether she actually is innocent….well, that will be determined at a later date, no doubt. Unless she has already struck a deal for immunity – in which case, she probably is not innocent of fraud.

As far as being arrested as an accessory for having knowledge of the murders, we had many big convos in another thread about this, and concluded that accessory charges for knowledge probably are not laid very often. And they sure as heck weren’t laid in the Baden Clay case, where it appears a family member may have had knowledge ‘after the fact’ of Allison’s murder and/or the violence at her house that night, and did not disclose the knowledge to the police.

IMO

The police may not be in any hurry to charge anyone with the fraud. There are a lot of trails to follow which will take time to investigate thoroughly. They need to get the whole picture..how many involved, what was their part in the fraud, who committed identity fraud, who benefitted the most from the money received.. and then when all that is clear charge the person(s) according to the information they have uncovered.

Centrelink and ATO (wages being paid into a different persons bank a/c not the employees bank a/c is possible tax fraud as well as possible Centrelink fraud) will be on to it too.

http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=htt...ht-with-funds-from-mothers-bank-account-22994

Detectives have revealed that the suitcase that murdered toddler Khandalyce Pearce's body was found in was bought with funds from her mother’s bank account, after she was killed.

The bank account had transactions from a Strandbags store – the only stockist of the style of suitcase that Khandalyce’s body was discovered in.

Hundreds of withdrawals and purchases were made between 2008 and 2012, however the one from the Mount Gambier luggage store was made just weeks before Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was allegedly killed in December 2008, The Australian reports.

???

You're right to question, FG.

They are saying two entirely different things in the one very small article.

http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=htt...ht-with-funds-from-mothers-bank-account-22994

Detectives have revealed that the suitcase that murdered toddler Khandalyce Pearce's body was found in was bought with funds from her mother’s bank account, after she was killed.

The bank account had transactions from a Strandbags store – the only stockist of the style of suitcase that Khandalyce’s body was discovered in.

Hundreds of withdrawals and purchases were made between 2008 and 2012, however the one from the Mount Gambier luggage store was made just weeks before Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was allegedly killed in December 2008, The Australian reports.

???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member