OR OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 Dec 2015

Did they fingerprint the steering wheel and doors of her car? If someone just dropped it there maybe they left prints. Of course they could have wiped them off.. or she could have driven with gloves on that would have maybe wiped them off too. It's too cold to survive out there in the snow. I guess an abduction might be a survivable alternative. So sad. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel so strange about Alissa's disappearance. I think something else is going on. The car looks like a plant to me....

I feel so strange about Alissa's disappearance. I think something else is going on. The car looks like a plant to me....

Yes, I do have a strange feeling about it as well. What isn't making sense to me is how her family and friends say she does a lot of posting, texting or checking in, but on this day there was nothing after 11:22am?? That seems quite odd. Could it be that something happened to her across town in the Tigard area (maybe she had gone there for shopping or something) and was abducted at her car. The person who abducted her may have seen the trail maps for the falls in her car (her dad had stated in an interview that trail maps for Multnomah Falls were found in her car) and thought that was a good place to ditch her car.

I know that seems pretty contrived, but I just don't know if it was normal for her to have gone hiking and be away the entire afternoon without communicating with anyone.

moo

I know that seems pretty contrived, but I just don't know if it was normal for her to have gone hiking and be away the entire afternoon without communicating with anyone.

moo

There are those of us on here that don't think that is contrived. Especially if there were maps in her car.

Who uses paper maps anymore? In this day and age, everything is digital. If she was going on hiking trails and using paper maps, why would those same maps be left in her car? Wouldn't she need them with her?
Something is weird.

Who uses paper maps anymore? In this day and age, everything is digital. If she was going on hiking trails and using paper maps, why would those same maps be left in her car? Wouldn't she need them with her?
Something is weird.

Maybe she had maps for several trails or areas and only had with her what she needed.

People still use paper maps. I've picked up a few at state parks and recreation areas.

Paper maps come in very handy on hiking trails where there is no cell service.

I think I would bring a paper map, hiking. Often times the cell service can be spotty. I wouldn't want to be out of luck if my GPS wasn't working or my battery was low. But it wouldn't be much help left in the car.

Something is weird.

I do, you can't always get service everywhere. Better safe than sorry, have a backup..

Do you all suppose it would be helpful to put up posters in the Hillsboro area? It's just under 20 minutes west of Portland. You never know who was where during the busy days prior to Christmas and could have seen something. I'm asking because per the poster map on Facebook I can see that posters haven't been put up west of Beaverton.

Do you all suppose it would be helpful to put up posters in the Hillsboro area? It's just under 20 minutes west of Portland. You never know who was where during the busy days prior to Christmas and could have seen something. I'm asking because per the poster map on Facebook I can see that posters haven't been put up west of Beaverton.
Yes! I definitely think it's worth it! I'm from NW Hills of Portland, so local to the area. I wish I could help!

Yes! I definitely think it's worth it! I'm from NW Hills of Portland, so local to the area. I wish I could help!
I'll see if I can make it out tomorrow and put up some posters in plaza's and other places with very heavy foot traffic!

That makes sense about the service being spotty. But still, wouldn't you take the maps with you? This feels very much like set up to me, for some reason.

That makes sense about the service being spotty. But still, wouldn't you take the maps with you? This feels very much like set up to me, for some reason.

Do we know whether or not she had a map on her? I don't think we could know, and I doubt anyone could say for sure how many maps she usually kept in the car.

I'm not saying it's not a set up or foul play, just sharing a possibility.

Personally, I'm confident that LE has gone over her car with a fine tooth comb, including analyzing any dirt or vegetation in her tire tread. Given what we know of Alissa, I don't think she went trail running without notifying her family. I wonder if she could have encountered an acquaintance at the mall who asked for a ride with ill intent (Whitney Heichel comes to mind, sadly). But if that's the case, it's kind of an out-of-the-way place to dump a car without another ride. At this point I'm stumped and hope for a break in the case soon.

New update on the Facebook page with some more information about the ping that was originally reported:

https://www.facebook.com/findalissa/posts/431909957013982?notif_t=notify_me_page

Hikers think they saw her miles, I believe 3 miles was mentioned, away from the falls. Is this a typical distance she would hike? 3 miles each way, 6 miles? I am not a hiker but I have walked several miles on the beach not even realizing how far I had gone because of the beautiful scenery that you see along the way.

New update on the Facebook page with some more information about the ping that was originally reported:

https://www.facebook.com/findalissa/posts/431909957013982?notif_t=notify_me_page

Please correct me if I'm wrong. If I understand the post correctly, the ping is a non-issue and does not indicate that she was in that location near the mall. Her phone records do not indicate any unusual activity. The people who met her on the trail several miles from the Falls, had enough interaction with her that her family and LE feel it's a credible sighting. The area is covered in about three feet of snow, so the large search cannot continue until some of it melts. It sounds as if some SAR people will still be up there training though, and will be looking for her.

The family is asking that anyone who saw her on the trail contact LE. This will make it easier to make use of search teams. Or if anyone has other info, please contact LE. Please keep her name out there. The family will not stop until she is found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back