MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per cable news today, his wife will have to take the stand in court. The judge ordered Camille to testify.

DH and I thought the courthouse entrance looked "staged", too. Nice try, Mr. Cosby, but I don't buy the fabricated feebleness. If BC's vision issues are due to cataracts in one or both eyes (very likely at his age), the condition is easily remedied with an outpatient procedure that is practically painless and inexpensive (covered by most insurance/Medicare at his age).

Here's an article from 2011 National Enquirer about his eye problems:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/bill-cosby-going-blind-pals-fear

The 74-year-old star suffers from a degenerative eye disease called keratoconus that could contribute to his loss of vision, insiders say.

snip

Cosby – who has also suffered vision problems due to glaucoma....

==============

He started giving to eye vision research in 2002.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlight/2002/05/30-cosby.htm

He recently did some standup that was given a lot of press, there was no mention of him being blind. No one leading him around like he had for court.

He recently did some standup that was given a lot of press, there was no mention of him being blind. No one leading him around like he had for court.
That's what I was thinking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I see quite a difference in those two things. It seems reasonable to think he wouldn't need guidance for a stand-up routine, IMO. Also, a determination of "legally blind" doesn't necessarily mean total loss of vision.

I see quite a difference in those two things. It seems reasonable to think he wouldn't need guidance for a stand-up routine, IMO. Also, a determination of "legally blind" doesn't necessarily mean total loss of vision.

That might be true, but most stand up comedians walk around the stage so they can engage with as much of their audience as possible. I haven't seen any of the shows from his most recent tour, but I highly doubt Cosby is sitting down the entire time.

JMO -- I think this show is for pity. How can anyone be mad at the feeble Dr. Healthcliff Huxtable?

That might be true, but most stand up comedians walk around the stage so they can engage with as much of their audience as possible. I haven't seen any of the shows from his most recent tour, but I highly doubt Cosby is sitting down the entire time.

JMO -- I think this show is for pity. How can anyone be mad at the feeble Dr. Healthcliff Huxtable?

He could be legally blind and still walk around the stage and engage with the audience without assistance. Walking around in an unfamiliar area would be more challenging.

Michael Jackson was accused of molesting multiple kids which failed in court. And they didn't stop selling his music from that era.

So why stop the Cosby show? Jmo.

He could be legally blind and still walk around the stage and engage with the audience without assistance. Walking around in an unfamiliar area would be more challenging.

I saw one of his shows a few years ago (pre-allegations, now it makes me sick) and he sat 98% of the show.

Keratoconus can require cornea transplants for treatment. He could be able to manage on this own in a familar, or uncluttered environment, still me able to get around; but need help in the unfamiliar location and with the media circus that his arraignment was going to be.

And then, lawyers being what lawyers are, it could be a 100% sympathy ploy. Make him look old and feeble. No way this old guy could've done these horrible things. :tantrum:

Michael Jackson was accused of molesting multiple kids which failed in court. And they didn't stop selling his music from that era.

So why stop the Cosby show? Jmo.

I see what your saying. My guess is that, in BC's case, the sheer number of accusers coming forward - 55? - is enough convincing needed to conclude he did it. In MJ's court case, if I recall correctly, it was 1 or 2 victims allegedly molested. Witnesses against him were not all that credible, hence the acquittal. Personally, I believe MJ had done it but at the time, I understood the state's case was not proven. I also think MJ was a way more popular pop figure than BC, so with fewer accusations and a not guilty verdict, his adoring fans saw their star vindicated. It's hard to imagine scenario where BC will be vindicated.

In BC's case, for me, and probably for most people, 55 accusers provides me with enough data to go to conclude he did it. I understand the decision of a tv network following the same reasoning, to conclude that no tv shows featuring a serial rapist should remain on the air.

BC has made admissions of his own in depositions from Costand's civil suit about giving quaaludes to women for sexual purposes. This adds weight to the certainty most folks have about BC's guilt, even without a trial.

Finally, BC put himself out there as America's dad, and also as an outspoken moral scold, with his lectures about "pulling up your pants", on parenting, etc. His hypocrisy has damaged the Huxtable brand.

Anyway, for what it's worth, these are the differences I see between the MJ case and the BC situation.
IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From Nov 2014:
A few weeks ago, I spent a delightful afternoon and evening with Bill Cosby. I was the emcee of a gala for historically black Claflin University, which is in my home town of Orangeburg, S.C.; Cosby was the headliner. Both of us were donating our time to a worthy cause.

It was just the second time I had met him, so I certainly don’t claim to know him well. It was apparent that he’s having serious problems with his eyesight; a young man was at his side to help him navigate.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...07de24-70f6-11e4-893f-86bd390a3340_story.html

He's been sitting down in his performances for a long time :
[video=youtube;-tf1K1P2Skw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tf1K1P2Skw[/video]

From the infamous Mark Whitaker biography that failed to mention Andrea Constand:
And on the health front, a severe case of glaucoma has robbed Cosby of most of the vision in both eyes, he writes.

“The vision in the first eye and then in the other would slowly but irreversibly deteriorate. It took a decade for others to realise that anything was wrong.”
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...r/news-story/24d1c3cc6a2b511a021753f599484bb6

In the civil case he did admit to supplying qualudes to women among other things, so there you go.

IIRC, the point was made that while he may have admitted to supplying qualudes to women, he did NOT admit to supplying them to unwilling sexual partners. IMO, this was to continue his contention that it was his belief that the women with whom he performed sexual acts were all willing participants.

A federal magistrate judge in Massachusetts has rejected arguments by Cosby's wife of almost 52 years, who also has been his business manager, that the deposition would represent an "undue burden"....
Judge David Hennessy also rejected arguments by Camille Cosby that she lacked any first-hand knowledge of the events at issue, and that the court should protect her from "unnecessary harassment" by limiting the scope of the subpoena.
Lawyers for Cosby plan to appeal against Judge Hennessy's ruling, according to the New York Times.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-...ust-testify-in-civil-case-against-him/7064580

EXCLUSIVE: Not even $1m bail can wipe the smile off contemptuous Bill Cosby's face as he arrives at scene of the 'crime' mansion after being charged with ‘drugging and sexually assaulting woman’

Bill Cosby arrived home to his Elkins Park, Pennsylvania mansion smiling on Wednesday after being arraigned on sex assault charges stemming from a 2004 incident with Andrea Constand

He was carrying a cane with him and stumbled on the way in to court earlier in the afternoon without his wife Camille by his side

The actor was released on $1million bail and was forced to hand over his passport but did not enter a plea with a preliminary hearing set for January 14

Constand claims Cosby gave her three blue pills with wine one night at his mansion and then sexually molested her

The charge against him is punishable by five to 10 years behind bars and a $25,000 fine

More than 50 women have come forward in the past year claiming they were drugged and sexually assaulted by Cosby

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-assault-Andrea-Constand.html#ixzz3vqUMPYNk

I find it interesting that BC is now "stumbling" and looking decrepit at court...

when he was just trying to be on stage giving "shows" earlier this year....KWIM?

:waitasec:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-...ust-testify-in-civil-case-against-him/7064580

A federal magistrate judge in Massachusetts has rejected arguments by Cosby's wife of almost 52 years, who also has been his business manager, that the deposition would represent an "undue burden"....
Judge David Hennessy also rejected arguments by Camille Cosby that she lacked any first-hand knowledge of the events at issue, and that the court should protect her from "unnecessary harassment" by limiting the scope of the subpoena.
Lawyers for Cosby plan to appeal against Judge Hennessy's ruling, according to the New York Times.

I think it's interesting that they're trying to stop Camille from having to talk. If she thinks that her husband is this perfect husband and amazing father and knows nothing of any rape related activity, her deposition would be a chance to get a good word in for Dr Cosby.

Top 10 Silly Reasons Why He Can't Have Done It, part 5
No matter how the criminal case with Constand shakes out, Elmore “will not teach a child of any generation in the future that the icon Bill Cosby was a sexual predator. If he really was one, I don’t think he would have been as prolific of an entertainer as he was. He wouldn’t have had the time.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/31/bill-cosby-truthers-rally-to-their-man.html

Really, the man's 78 years old... this all happened over several decades... he was so busy doing stand up that he couldn't manage the time to rape 1-2 women each year?

And he ADMITS having had sex with a lot of ladies. How much more time is it going to take if it's nonconsensual?

Is it true that Constand is only 30 years old or is that a misprint? She looks WAY older than that, IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆