Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get me wrong, Im not saying its not possible. For all we know he may have subdued her in some way (drugged) to get her to Belangelo, and then committed the crime, so she may not have left Khandalyce and gone willingly at all.
Im just applying what weve been led to believe, that he accompanied her to the forest, and that they left Khandalyce with someone, which provides a picture of a consensual trip by someone with little to fear.

do we know that Karlie and DH went to belangalo on their own?????....perhaps Kandalyce was with them?? terrible thought I know

do we know that Karlie and DH went to belangalo on their own?????....perhaps Kandalyce was with them?? terrible thought I know

No, we don't know that. Nor do we know if another adult or adults were with them.
It will be interesting to hear what he pleads on 28 January.
My money is on him pleading not guilty.
Wondering how others here think he will plead.

I still find that to be a most peculiar and obscure comment to make at a funeral.

Seems like a euphemism for having an ice habit. I mean, that's pretty common in rural areas, small towns, tourist towns etc, there aren't a lot of lower income families totally untouched by it, even if you manage to raise your kids to avoid it they will still have schoolfriends who end up falling into that life and breaking everyone's hearts. I doubt the aunt was trying to defame, just trying to explain as gently as possible why she appreciates so much the actions of the town in coming out in support of them anyway. There's probably people who surprised her with their level of support.

re : The pair had met through a mutual group, which Ms Harris said shared the attributes of “unfortunate circumstances”.

To me this is an old fashioned and compassionate way of saying "falling in with the wrong crowd"

Yes, it is nasty to say bad things about her if they are not true.
Personally, I am surprised the family have remained silent on the matter.
But perhaps the police have advised them not to speak to the media.
Although, then again, one aunty did say something about her belonging to a group that shared the attributes of “unfortunate circumstances”.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/karlie-pearcestevenson-to-be-buried-with-her-murdered-daughter-khandalyce-in-alice-springs/news-story/eb09eb0807f769e0b3fee6edff168be1

I still find that to be a most peculiar and obscure comment to make at a funeral.

From same article linked above, if Mrs Harris had not seen her niece since she was 19, then does that mean she never saw Khandalyce?
Was Khandalyce born then? I don't think she was.

If Mrs H has this "unfortunate circumstances group" info, where did that come from? Was Karlie already in this group at 19, or is this info passed on to Mrs Harris from other family members?

<modsnip>

Then it must have been 2007 when auntie saw her niece the last time - Khandalyce was born in 6/2006 - Karlie was murdered when 20yo in 12/2008.

2006 Karlie gave birth to a daughter.
2006 HP gave birth to a daughter.
2006 DJH/M/B became father of a daughter.
Does it have to do with some sort of group perhaps ...? :dunno:

Yes, it is nasty to say bad things about her if they are not true.
Personally, I am surprised the family have remained silent on the matter.
But perhaps the police have advised them not to speak to the media.
Although, then again, one aunty did say something about her belonging to a group that shared the attributes of “unfortunate circumstances”.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/karlie-pearcestevenson-to-be-buried-with-her-murdered-daughter-khandalyce-in-alice-springs/news-story/eb09eb0807f769e0b3fee6edff168be1

I could imagine, Karlie's family allowed the carer to tell this important thing to catch all the involved perps. Perhaps they didn't want to tell it themselves, but wanted the message going out.

Then it must have been 2007 when auntie saw her niece the last time - Khandalyce was born in 6/2006 - Karlie was murdered when 20yo in 12/2008.

2006 Karlie gave birth to a daughter.
2006 HP gave birth to a daughter.
2006 DJH/M/B became father of a daughter.
Does it have to do with some sort of group perhaps ...? :dunno:

This is where things get muddled FG because some sources say KPS was 22 when she died, yet I think I have also seen it mentioned that she was 20.
Wikipedia has "Pearce-Stevenson, aged 22, from Alice Springs" which I think is probably correct.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_of_Karlie_Pearce-Stevenson_and_Khandalyce_Pearce

So if aunt last saw her when she was 19, that would have been on 2005 and before Khandalyce was born.

I could imagine, Karlie's family allowed the carer to tell this important thing to catch all the involved perps. Perhaps they didn't want to tell it themselves, but wanted the message going out.

Yes, and it is quite possible other people may have called Crimestoppers or spoken to the police about the bounty or debt too.
All we know is that the carer definitely spoke to the media as well as to Crimestoppers.
But since Karlie was apparently living with her Grandmother and therefore also presumably with the carer before she left the Alice, those two would probably know more about the details of her life than anyone else, and her Grandmother has since died.

This is where things get muddled FG because some sources say KPS was 22 when she died, yet I think I have also seen it mentioned that she was 20.
Wikipedia has "Pearce-Stevenson, aged 22, from Alice Springs" which I think is probably correct.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_of_Karlie_Pearce-Stevenson_and_Khandalyce_Pearce

So if aunt last saw her when she was 19, that would have been on 2005 and before Khandalyce was born.

I think, "22 yo" is not the correct specification and Wiki has it (exceptionally) wrong.

21.10.2015 - NSW and SA Police murder investigations linked as mother and child ... in New South Wales and South Australia, identifying 'Angel' and the 'child ... of the skeletal remains of a young woman at Belanglo State Forest. ... At that time, Karlie was aged 20, and Khandalyce was aged two. ... News from the Force.

Copy of the google text, NSW Police website of October 15 not accessible.

SAPOL has it:

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.Vofz4_nhC00

Look at 21.October 2015: Double murder breakthrough: Wynarka suitcase girl identified along with her mother

... The last known sighting of the pair was on Saturday, 8 November 2008 when Ms Pearce-Stevenson was driving on the Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy.
At that time Ms Pearce-Stevenson was 20 and Khandalyce was aged two. ...

There are only two mobile phone towers addressed as being Wallaroo location Both are on Wallaroo Rd the other that is closest for triangulation is at the Nanima rd turn off on Barton Hwy or for a large triangle West Belconnen near Parkwood. Although by my viewing other towers are in the district but are not addressed as such. So looks like he is very close too being along Wallaroo Rd or in that cluster of houses on Church Lane off Barton Hwy.

http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/site_proximity.main_page

There is confusion in the media regarding her age, certainly, FG.

The reason I began to wonder if anyone in her family other than her grandmother had actually seen Karlie during 2008/07 was because of the strange lack of photos at the funeral.
The only photos they appeared to have used were the bar one of Karlie and the Marion one of Khandalyce.
It just seems really strange to me that a family would not have literally hundreds of cute photos of a little girl and her mother and used one or several of those.

This lack of photos makes me think that her family (other than g'ma) didn't see her much, if at all, after Khandalyce was born.

It is probably completely irrelevant to the case, but it may add weight to the idea that the carer actually knew a lot more about the details of Karlie's life than her blood relatives did.

I agree
There is confusion in the media regarding her age, certainly, FG.

The reason I began to wonder if anyone in her family other than her grandmother had actually seen Karlie during 2008/07 was because of the strange lack of photos at the funeral.
The only photos they appeared to have used were the bar one of Karlie and the Marion one of Khandalyce.
It just seems really strange to me that a family would not have literally hundreds of cute photos of a little girl and her mother and used one or several of those.

This lack of photos makes me think that her family (other than g'ma) didn't see her much, if at all, after Khandalyce was born.

It is probably completely irrelevant to the case, but it may add weight to the idea that the carer actually knew a lot more about the details of Karlie's life than her blood relatives did.

This should read that they are in Wallaroo district but they are addressed as Hall.

There are only two mobile phone towers addressed as being Wallaroo location Both are on Wallaroo Rd the other that is closest for triangulation is at the Nanima rd turn off on Barton Hwy or for a large triangle West Belconnen near Parkwood. Although by my viewing other towers are in the district but are not addressed as such. So looks like he is very close too being along Wallaroo Rd or in that cluster of houses on Church Lane off Barton Hwy.

http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/site_proximity.main_page

[h=1]&#8216;The lure of drug cash was too much&#8217;[/h]http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...695547004?sv=3f184b9030657bf8d9b486bfc065b265

Nissan Black motor I think. Popular model.

My utter speculation is;
Heavily drug affected possibly with steroids to keep the weight on. Premeditated murder after possibly being told the relationship wasn't going to keep going. Killed and took over the money. Cashed in the asset.

Drug affected is part the narcissism. Self interested in where there is drugs or money; or both. Only interests.

Typical behaviour is give engagement ring then milk them dry. Give them the drug, then come out with they have a debt to pay off when they want to leave. Own them once got them on the drug.

Symbah it is a pretty long and complex article but the most salient extract would probably be this in relation to our topic:

<modsnip>

For me, I'm unfortunately not able to access this article Maggie, its coming up subscribe only. I can see in the intro that its an interview with Nathan Baggaley & his journey with 2 stints in jail & will research further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog