MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does someone "make" you take a pill? How does someone "force" you into oral sex in some of these stories? Was alcohol consumer prior to these encounters? Was alcohol consumed during these encounters? I'm not sure I understand the precise memory vs no memory vs assumptions made? Just trying to understand but having a difficult time doing so.

OT (sorta), but if a woman has been drinking or otherwise partying and knowingly engages in sexual acts with another, but during the act itself, the woman falls asleep. Does her willingness then stop at that time or does it continue to be a consensual act?

It doesn't matter if she took the pill voluntarily. If she says "Hey, I'mma go sleep in that bed over there" does that translate to "I'mma go be unconscious do what you will to my sleeping body"? No. Consuming a substance, be it a soda, alcohol, or voluntarily taking rohypnol itself is not consent to sex.

Re BBM: If she "falls asleep" while drunk (passes out?) it should be considered revoked consent, IMO. Ya (general "you) don't just keep on a'truckin' if someone passes out during an activity wtf.

It doesn't matter if she took the pill voluntarily. If she says "Hey, I'mma go sleep in that bed over there" does that translate to "I'mma go be unconscious do what you will to my sleeping body"? No. Consuming a substance, be it a soda, alcohol, or voluntarily taking rohypnol itself is not consent to sex.

Re BBM: If she "falls asleep" while drunk (passes out?) it should be considered revoked consent, IMO. Ya (general "you) don't just keep on a'truckin' if someone passes out during an activity wtf.

I didn't say it mattered if she took the pill voluntarily . . . . I am simply perplexed how someone is "made" to take a pill.

You seem to be confusing my words. My question/s has nothing to do with whether or not consuming a soda, alcohol, or rohypnol is consent to sex. Where did you come up with that from my post?

How does someone "make" you take a pill? How does someone "force" you into oral sex in some of these stories? Was alcohol consumer prior to these encounters? Was alcohol consumed during these encounters? I'm not sure I understand the precise memory vs no memory vs assumptions made? Just trying to understand but having a difficult time doing so.

OT (sorta), but if a woman has been drinking or otherwise partying and knowingly engages in sexual acts with another, but during the act itself, the woman falls asleep. Does her willingness then stop at that time or does it continue to be a consensual act?

I can somewhat understand if they were both popping pills. But I don't think Pill Cosby actually took the drug that he was dishing out. Which somewhat establishes a premeditated motive.

But I agree. After the first 2 unwanted encounters. Why take a pill with him on the 3rd. You would think a person would know that this person truly wants them drugged since the first 2 assaults were unsuccessful.

Jmo. But of course. Bill was still definitely wrong. But the victim may also seem wrong in her decisions as well.

But I will not victim bash. She obviously tried to get justice early on. And she put it out there. So I believe her.

But I do question the supposed new evidence that the DA has.

I'm guessing it is statements from the Civil trial. Idk.

I didn't say it mattered if she took the pill voluntarily . . . . I am simply perplexed how someone is "made" to take a pill.

You seem to be confusing my words. My question/s has nothing to do with whether or not consuming a soda, alcohol, or rohypnol is consent to sex. Where did you come up with that from my post?

Probably assumptions based on past comments. My apologies in that regard.

Was the pill voluntarily taken or put in a drink? I may be confusing some threads, so want to be sure before continuing.

I can somewhat understand if they were both popping pills. But I don't think Pill Cosby actually took the drug that he was dishing out. Which somewhat establishes a premeditated motive.

But I agree. After the first 2 unwanted encounters. Why take a pill with him on the 3rd. You would think a person would know that this person truly wants them drugged since the first 2 assaults were unsuccessful.

Jmo. But of course. Bill was still definitely wrong. But the victim may also seem wrong in her decisions as well.

But I will not victim bash. She obviously tried to get justice early on. And she put it out there. So I believe her.

Pill Cosby. You slay me.

Probably assumptions based on past comments. My apologies in that regard.

Was the pill voluntarily taken or put in a drink? I may be confusing some threads, so want to be sure before continuing.

What I asked was alcohol voluntarily consumed before the encounter and/or was alcohol voluntarily consumed during the encounter? Maybe re-read my post to make sure you are responding to MY post vs someone else's.

I agree with you regarding no victim bashing. Unlike many, I'm still trying to determine (in my own mind) if we have victims here and if BC was definitely wrong. We know so little, IMO, yet conclusions are already made. That's bothersome, no matter who is involved.

I agree with you regarding no victim bashing. Unlike many, I'm still trying to determine (in my own mind) if we have victims here and if BC was definitely wrong. We know so little, IMO, yet conclusions are already made. That's bothersome, no matter who is involved.

And therein lies the entire problem. Do you realize the stats on women wrongfully accusing men of rape are so low as to be laughable? The rigmarole your character goes through when you accuse a man of sexual assault makes it simply undesirable for women to do if it isn't true. It makes reporting rape undesirable in general. The character assassination that happens to the victim in rape cases is so bad that it actually makes the "false accusation" stat HIGHER because many women retract TRUE claims because they simply cannot bear to be put through the ringer they're put through in these cases, thus leading others to accuse them of having falsely accused their assailant.

The myth that women run around falsely accusing men of sexual assault and rape needs to die already.

And therein lies the entire problem. Do you realize the stats on women wrongfully accusing men of rape are so low as to be laughable? The rigmarole your character goes through when you accuse a man of sexual assault makes it simply undesirable for women to do if it isn't true. It makes reporting rape undesirable in general. The character assassination that happens to the victim in rape cases is so bad that it actually makes the "false accusation" stat HIGHER because many women retract TRUE claims because they simply cannot bear to be put through the ringer they're put through in these cases, thus leading others to accuse them of having falsely accused their assailant.

The myth that women run around falsely accusing men of sexual assault and rape needs to die already.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/416536/how-common-are-false-rape-charges-really-jason-richwine

WELP can't prove it must be a lying harlot out for some poor man's reputation.

Nevermind that sexual assault is basically THE hardest crime to prove. There is rarely evidence, especially if the woman is too ashamed or scared of her attacker to come forward and have a rape kit done. Even if she does manage to muster the courage (already a heroic act on her part), if he wore a condom, all bets are off.

A “false” rape allegation is provably false – meaning, for example, that the accused has a bulletproof alibi or the accuser eventually recants.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/416536/how-common-are-false-rape-charges-really-jason-richwine

If the accuser eventually recants the charges could still be real but the accuser got enough scorn and mental pressure heaped upon her that she thought it was better to recant since the *advertiser censored* is not going to get convicted anyway. Many of those women report they got some backlash and negative consequences for saying something.

So let's say you were one of those women who got raped in the seventies. Rape kits weren't even invented yet when you got raped, and even if they were it wouldn't prove it wasn't consensual. And if there were witnesses that you were together he'd just have said yeah we had sex but she wanted it, man girls these days, they'll do anything for a bit of famous buck, or imply you were a prostitute. So how do you go about proving you didn't want it and there was no agreement?

I don't even know what this percentage game is supposed to prove here. Even if 20-80 % of those charges were false there'd still be enough to make him a serial sexual predator.

If he is a good guy, why would there suddenly be this huge crowd of women who don't appear to know each other, different ages, ethnic backgrounds, locations, professions, all saying he's a sexual predator? JMO the explanation that requires the least number of absurd hypotheses and unfounded conjectures is that he is a sexual predator.

I think that the questions regarding the veracity of the women who are alleging that BC assaulted/sexually exploited/raped them are indicative of the questions that BC's highly paid legal team will pose to them, or try to raise in the public's mind or a jury's mind in the coming months. So, I wondered what advice might be given to women who had been victimized or who would be called as witnesses in crimes which are very, very difficult to prove.

I found an article that some readers might also find interesting from the Women's Justice Center in California. In it was a reminder that the victim in such crimes will be testifying not only against the violence of the crime but also against the personal betrayal of perpetrator. The comments by author Marie de Santis regarding the roles of defence lawyers and of prosecutors are, IMO, very helpful when considering what happens during a trial.

You Are Not On Trial! One other thing desperate defense attorneys do, and by far the most difficult for victims to handle, is that the defense attorney may ask you questions about something they believe you feel guilty about. Often the accused, because he knows you well, has helped the attorney put together a list of these things. You had an affair, you're on probation, you were using drugs, you're in the country illegally, etc. Almost always, the defense attorney is not allowed to bring these things up in court because, you're not on trial! But that doesn't mean defense attorneys won't try to sneak these questions in, for one reason only, in hopes that he or she can get you to act guilty and defensive on the stand....
By testifying in a court of law against the crimes of rape, domestic violence, or child abuse, you are performing a most essential and heroic civic task for keeping your community safe. No one in the world is perfect. And knowing ahead of time that the defense attorney might try to dig at one or the other of your imperfections, only makes your willingness to testify more admirable. So hold onto the pride and dignity that you so greatly deserve. And any defense tactics attempting to undermine you will be nothing but small rocks over which your river of truth will continue to flow.

* A note on the prosecutor. It is true that while you're testifying, the prosecutor is going to be doing everything possible to protect you. At the same time, it's important to remind you that the prosecutor is not your attorney. The prosecutor is the people's attorney. And there may very well be times in the case, when the prosecutor is not acting in your interests, or may be acting directly against your interests. This may especially occur at the charging of the case, or in the plea bargaining phase. The prosecutor may be willing to undercharge, or "give the case away" for far less than is just, or for much less than the evidence can prove. So before you accept or agree to the prosecutor' handling of these aspects of the case, talk with victim advocates or other officials about your concerns.
http://justicewomen.com/testifying_tips.html

I feel Cosby has an exceptionally powerful personality, and he can be very influential and convincing, especially in a one-to-one mentoring relationship. That's his thing. On the night in question, Constand and Cosby were discussing her future career plan. She said she was very stressed and drained about it. He took that as an opportunity to give her the pills, claiming they were an herbal supplement. So the chit went down from there. Anyhow, I'd bet Constand looks back and kicks herself for her poor judgement that night.

What type of doctor did he play on the Cosby show?

Circling the racial wagons around someone in the wrong
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog.../01/04/waka-flocka-nonsense-about-bill-cosby/

My experience as a licensed psychologist, former rape crisis counselor, and sexual assault survivor shaped the way I viewed the recent news coverage of Bill Cosby's case. Not only have I worked with many survivors who never had a day in court or who went to court and did not receive justice, I am also a survivor who never had my day in court.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thema-bryantdavis/considering-bill-cosby-justice_b_8901522.html

Anyone want this $9,500 life-size wax replica of Bill Cosby from Belgium?

http://www.avclub.com/article/anyone-want-9500-life-size-wax-replica-bill-cosby--230202

Bill Cosby's lawyers are desperate for Camille's support
“Look, a jury seeing a female lead counsel and a loyal and elderly wife would go a long way to creating the kind of sympathy that defendants desperately need in cases like this,” said a source close to Cosby.
http://pagesix.com/2016/01/03/bill-cosbys-legal-team-is-desperate-for-camilles-support/

IDK it depends on how viciously the female lead counsel attacks the female victims and how much long-suffering aura the elderly wife has. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member