VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
truly baffled by the lack of follow-up by local MSM in this situation, there are multiple errors and/or unclear issues from the early reporting that not only have not been clarified, but in fact still remain on their websites as if true.

Glad to see we're open for business over here again :) was getting worried we'd lose all the links and timelines!

I've noticed that in these first few days of the new year things like insurance, cards, and building codes are being updated and it's harder to get into places I normally frequent due to information needing to be updated. I think Katelin might run into some new obstacles she hadn't had trouble with before, if she's voluntarily missing, and might have to reappear on the radar.

Was Katelin to spend Xmas with her mom or back with Amber? I would assume back at AZ as seems like two trips fairly close. Could she be feeling homesick and wanted to stay home but didn't know how? Idk doesn't even make sense to me. I just know my 20 year old son still loves Xmas and no matter what would make a way to be with me or family. I wonder if she liked the holidays? Even more reason to get in touch with someone if she did just run away. I just pray she is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truly baffled by the lack of follow-up by local MSM in this situation, there are multiple errors and/or unclear issues from the early reporting that not only have not been clarified, but in fact still remain on their websites as if true.
RSBM

Has anyone compiled a list of verified facts about this case ?

Off the top of my head... LE has verified her stepdad dropped her off at the shopping center.
She had a fiance, but her fiance doesn't know where she is, either.
Her luggage was found with a few clothes missing as well as her phone.
( How would anyone know what clothes were missing, exactly ? When I travel, I'll take various items of clothing, but unless someone knew me well enough, they'd never guess what I'd packed that might be missing -- imo)

www.nbcnews.com/dateline/katelin-akens-vanishes-way-airport-luggage-found-roadside-ditch-n477216

Family members are planning a search near the area where the luggage was found.

This is an older article, and I'm assuming there have been more searches that just this one.

And one more :www.fox10tv.com/story/30699551/missing-spotsylvania-womans-fianc-i-dont-know-what-to-think
Sad there are hardly any updates after 12/10/15 or so. :(

I'm still hoping she left voluntarily and needed to get away from some issues in her life.
:moo:

Thank you for opening this up, I am so glad! Katelin where are you?

I'm so glad we are back up and running! Thank you Bessie!!

Thanks for opening the thread again.
I was hoping for something from police about Katelin. There's nothing new, really😕

"LE has verified her stepdad dropped her off at the shopping center"

I do not think they have, last I remember they only said that they could confirm that his car was in the area of the mall that day.

Was it AT the mall? Was Katelin in the car?

I would tend to think that they must have reviewed all the available video by now. I think if they found her on any of that video we would have heard about it.

"LE has verified her stepdad dropped her off at the shopping center"

I do not think they have, last I remember they only said that they could confirm that his car was in the area of the mall that day.

Was it AT the mall? Was Katelin in the car?

I would tend to think that they must have reviewed all the available video by now. I think if they found her on any of that video we would have heard about it.

There's this.

Investigators have confirmed that Akens’ stepfather dropped her off at the Springfield Mall that day, but what happened after that remains a mystery.

http://m.fredericksburg.com/news/lo...054-a9b0-11e5-a16a-e7a7f3948818.html?mode=jqm

Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 12:09 pm
BY KEITH EPPS / THE FREE LANCE–STAR

[...]

Contrary to some reports, Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pearce said Thursday that police have yet to find any surveillance footage of Akens at the mall or anywhere else. But he said police have corroborated the stepfather’s story that he dropped her off in Northern Virginia.

Pearce would not say how the story was corroborated, saying that was part of the ongoing investigation.

More links:

https://twitter.com/abc7stephen/status/674655373199073280

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eld-5-December-2015-1&p=12237842#post12237842

"Spotsylvania County Investigators say cameras at Springfield Town Center show car dropping Akens off. But the teen is not visible."

Right. Wait... what? This proves he dropped her off?

a quote from that twitter account after he was asked a follow up question;

https://twitter.com/ABC7Stephen/status/677961328305160192

"Did video capture image of Katelin in his car, being dropped at the mall? Did she take luggage into mall w her?"

"no video only showed stepfather's vehicle. At the mall when he said it was there."

"Spotsylvania County Investigators say cameras at Springfield Town Center show car dropping Akens off. But the teen is not visible."

"Did video capture image of Katelin in his car, being dropped at the mall? Did she take luggage into mall w her?"

"no video only showed stepfather's vehicle. At the mall when he said it was there."

hmmmmmm

Really the statement doesn't sound reliable.

How does it show her dropped off if it does not show HER.

Did she make it to the airport? I know she didn't make it on the flight but prehaps there is unread cop speak ,we are not seeing.. I am reaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie