4 years later, what do we think of the case / verdict now?

I don't think JB thought he could get Casey off. If so, then why did the defense ask for a mistrial near the end of the trial? Didn't they also ask for a pysch evaluation of Casey near the end of the trial when she wouldn't consider or even discuss a plea deal with Mason? My memory is a little bit fuzzy on the details. IMO, her defense team knew she was guilty and just threw everything against the wall to see what would stick. They created the circus atmosphere by holding numerous press conferences before, during and after the trial. I think they got lucky, and they knew it. I think Casey is guilty as all get out, but in hindsight, I wish the death penalty would never have been on the table. The case would have gone through the system a whole lot quicker, and it wouldn't have gotten as much media attention. Plus, I think she would be sitting in jail right now. If Casey is so innocent, then why doesn't she tell exactly what happened now, even if it's not for a paid interview? You would think she would want to get her story out there and clear her name.

I don't think JB thought he could get Casey off. If so, then why did the defense ask for a mistrial near the end of the trial? Didn't they also ask for a pysch evaluation of Casey near the end of the trial when she wouldn't consider or even discuss a plea deal with Mason?

Back when I used to watch HLN (I quit and never looked back) the talking heads were all saying that it was standard procedure to ask for a mistrial. I think they called it "creating a record" of any issues that might spring up so that if a defendant was convicted, the appeals court could review it. From what I remember, defense attorneys almost always request a mistrial during the trial, even if they have no chance of getting it.

As for the plea, from what I remember from Ashton's book, Cheney-Mason, not Baez, was the who took Casey aside and tried to talk her into taking a plea because he was worried that Casey would be convicted and have to face the death penalty. From what I remember of the stuff I read about the trial, Baez did not share everything he was supposed to share with his legal team, he was constantly blindsiding them. Cheney Mason even claimed that he was unaware of the fact that Baez was going to accuse George of molesting Casey in his opening statement and distanced himself from it.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...120531_1_cheney-mason-casey-anthony-jose-baez

Of course there is no evidence that there was jury tampering and I'm not saying there was. It's just my personal suspicion that Baez didn't play fair. I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me and completely understand anyone that disregards it and finds it far fetched. It's just that DC in his book said some stuff that made me think that it's something that he could have done.

They had several lesser charges to consider.

yes, yes, yes. The fact that her jury had many other options to consider seems to escape some people, and they only use the sadly mistaken "if only the prosecution had not over charged her and just wanted the death penalty".

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/04/jury-instructions-in-the-casey-anthony-trial/

"If you find Caylee Marie Anthony was killed by Casey Marie Anthony, you will then consider the circumstances surrounding the killing in deciding if the killing was Murder in the First Degree or was Murder in the Second Degree or Manslaughter or Third Degree Felony Murder, whether the killing was excusable or resulted from justifiable use of deadly force".

If one reads the attached link to the jury instructions, they will see in detail the numerous additional charges this jury had for consideration.

The OCSO and SA office had been stoking the media/public up for so long with their "Case Against Casey" that there would have been backlash if they didn't make her pay the "ultimate price."
Good point. But if they had everyone probably would of been happier with the out come. Funny how that works.

I believe Casey is guilty as sin. But when this trial started etc at one point I looked at my husband and said. "She is going to get away with this" And he told me "No the prosecution will tie everything together in the end and wrap it up in a big bow and it will all make sense and she will not get away with anything" I waited and waited and that never happened. They did not put all the puzzle pieces together for the jury, they expected the jury to piece things together themselves but the jury was not smart enough. Plus they did not put enough emphasis on things Casey did or her relationships or how she quit dating one guy because he loved Kaylee too much...then the other one who didnt want kids..NOTHING just NOTHING...

What really disgusted me was Cindy getting up on the stand and telling that story about the evening of June 15. She claimed she told Casey about her father's failing health and they sat on the couch and cuddled with Caylee and watched TV and cried. That was most likely a pile of horse crap if we believe the stuff about the fight that we've heard from more than one family member.

She should have been charged with perjury. She failed Caylee once by doing nothing but making a bunch of toxic threats towards Casey and she failed Caylee again when she got up on the stand and defended and lied for her killer. I hope she's proud of herself and I hope Casey makes her miserable for the rest of her life.

Baez was putting on a show. He's a huge farce. I still remember that he gave that speech about how no one could be happy because Caylee was still dead the day of the verdict and then he proceeded to go down the block to a bar and start drinking in front of the bar's huge picture windows while one of his sidekicks jumped up and down like a two year old and his other sidekick gave the finger to the crowd outside.

Again, this is just my opinion, I think Baez had one of the jurors on his side and knew the worst he could expect that day was a hung jury. He was just too cocky before the verdict.

DC's book paints him as a total sociopath who was using people, tampering with evidence and making attempts to frame other people for Caylee's murder, leaking information left and right for his own benefit and isolating Casey from her family to ensure her complete dependence on him and that he would have total control over any communications that the Anthonys may have (via contraband letters he smuggled into the jail) and according to DC, soliciting Casey for sexual favors after stating behind her back "the B killed her kid, she's got a few screws loose."

While I'm not saying all of that is true, we already saw what he did to Kronk on national TV about a year or two before the trial, which was not accuse him of hiding the body, but claiming that he should be a suspect in Caylee's murder. If he'd stoop to witness tampering, which I think he did, I think he would stoop to jury tampering.

I don't, however, think the rest of his defense team knew about it. I think they were actually shocked when she was acquitted. Especially Cheney, since he tried to talk Casey into a taking a plea.

Hey do you guys know if that Jennifer Ford, juror 3 facebook page was real? Am I even allowed to post about it if it isn't confirmed? If I'm doing something wrong here, feel free to delete my post.

Anyway, DC also cited that facebook page in his book as legit and claimed she made the following posts:

I wonder if she was the juror who would put her notebook down, sigh and turn away whenever Ashton got up to speak? IMO, Judge Perry screwed up big time when he rushed jury selection and actually blocked the state from getting rid of some of these people.
BBM. Absolutely! Especially the black juror who "refused to judge"!!! That's what jurors are called to do- judge someone's guilt or innocence. That's when this-should've been a slam dunk death penalty case-was lost. The case was NOT overcharged. There was clear evidence of Casey's guilt including the computer searches. And there is NO possible way that Roy Kronk moved the body. Casey's car smelled of a dead body (Caylee's), by Cindy's own words, and Casey was the only one driving it. The duct tape had been attached to the flesh around Caylee's mouth, even if some trolls can't fathom that. I can only pray that Casey has nightmares of Caylee's body, but I'm sure she hasn't given her a second thought since the body was found.

I believe Casey is guilty as sin. But when this trial started etc at one point I looked at my husband and said. "She is going to get away with this" And he told me "No the prosecution will tie everything together in the end and wrap it up in a big bow and it will all make sense and she will not get away with anything" I waited and waited and that never happened. They did not put all the puzzle pieces together for the jury, they expected the jury to piece things together themselves but the jury was not smart enough. Plus they did not put enough emphasis on things Casey did or her relationships or how she quit dating one guy because he loved Kaylee too much...then the other one who didnt want kids..NOTHING just NOTHING...

Plus, this particular jury was more interested in wrapping things up so that they could get to Disney World in time for the 4th of July than actually deliberating the evidence, they even said so!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

What really disgusted me was Cindy getting up on the stand and telling that story about the evening of June 15. She claimed she told Casey about her father's failing health and they sat on the couch and cuddled with Caylee and watched TV and cried. That was most likely a pile of horse crap if we believe the stuff about the fight that we've heard from more than one family member.

She should have been charged with perjury. She failed Caylee once by doing nothing but making a bunch of toxic threats towards Casey and she failed Caylee again when she got up on the stand and defended and lied for her killer. I hope she's proud of herself and I hope Casey makes her miserable for the rest of her life.

Cindy also should have been charged with perjury for lying about searching for Chlorophyll on the home computer while she was clearly at work at Gentiva Home Health while Casey was searching online for Chloroform.

I agree LinasK, this case was lost at jury selection... And the final nail came at trial when the jury absolutely refused to use her lies against her. They failed to understand that her lies were evidence, and they could've and should've used them against her. Without them understanding this rather infantile concept the case was a bust... Listen to the jurors who were interviewed and they talk about everything but fca... They chose to ignore everything she said...or did... They said they had to, it's the law... :waitasec: :banghead::banghead: ...All her lies, the 31 days, they said couldn't be considered, based on emotion... When did the "law" ever say you couldn't consider the defendant's actions when deliberating? Isn't that the whole point of a trial?

All jmo.

I agree LinasK, this case was lost at jury selection... And the final nail came at trial when the jury absolutely refused to use her lies against her. They failed to understand that her lies were evidence, and they could've and should've used them against her. Without them understanding this rather infantile concept the case was a bust... Listen to the jurors who were interviewed and they talk about everything but fca... They chose to ignore everything she said...or did... They said they had to, it's the law... :waitasec: :banghead::banghead: ...All her lies, the 31 days, they said couldn't be considered, based on emotion... When did the "law" ever say you couldn't consider the defendant's actions when deliberating? Isn't that the whole point of a trial?

All jmo.

Exactly! How many criminals are honest??? They lie so they won't get caught and have to face the consequences of their actions. Murderers are selfish people. They only think about how killing someone will "solve" their problems, not how it affects the loved ones of the victim. They dehumanize their victims, they are sociopaths. I just watched a true crime show last night where the mother of the murderer claimed her DIL "accidentally" committed suicide by antifreeze poisoning to frame her husband and get custody of the kids. REALLY???

Just had a though- maybe out newest troll is really Casey in disguise, she's got nothing but time on her hands.:seeya: (Not you jkly, welcome to WS!)

Exactly! How many criminals are honest??? They lie so they won't get caught and have to face the consequences of their actions. Murderers are selfish people. They only think about how killing someone will "solve" their problems, not how it affects the loved ones of the victim. They dehumanize their victims, they are sociopaths. I just watched a true crime show last night where the mother of the murderer claimed her DIL "accidentally" committed suicide by antifreeze poisoning to frame her husband and get custody of the kids. REALLY???

Just had a though- maybe out newest troll is really Casey in disguise, she's got nothing but time on her hands.:seeya: (Not you jkly, welcome to WS!)

I agree. Really trying to push the"lost it after she drowned."
I hope she has nightmares about Caylee every night for the rest of her life. I hope she is shunned by everyone she meets, she is vile. She is a baby killer, and has no place among civilized society. MOO.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Casey reportedly does have nightmares involving her daughter.

Quite vivid ones.

As grisly as the body disposal and recovery of the remains were, it's not surprising.

Hmmm... I sure hope and pray so, for the rest of her days.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I watched that case while I cleaned my house and made dinner. I at first believed she was guilty. After watching the case, no only did they not prove it but they raised tons of doubt. I read the books that came after. I personally can't stand Nancy Grace. I think the media lead us to condem her from the beginning. The power reader, I believe moved the her body. I do believe Casey knew her daughter was dead. I believe that her dad had molesting both of them. The day the dna was being announced about who her father was, George took himself in the hotel and was going to commit suicide. I believe he thought he was going to be confirmed as the father. And what caring dad and grandfather has an affair during the time his grand daughter is missing? The duct tape...It was on the gas cans. He reported the gas cans missing. He was a police officer. He knows that They will do nothing about missing gas cans. The search for cloriform was proved to be because Casey didn't know what a meme about it was and it was only serched that time. There was evidence that she was gone while someone was searching the Internet for how to commit suicide. The only person in the home was George. I believe he covered up the murder or accident. Casey showed signs of being sexually abused. They hid her pregnancy from the family. Casey was guilty of lying and being afraid of George. Not one person ever said she was a bad mother. In fact they all said she was over protective. I keep waiting for George to show his colors.

So overprotective that she let her little girl "drown" in the back yard pool without calling 911 or mourning in away... Lordy.

It is a shame they did not give them other options. They put it out there all or nothing.. and got burned. It is one thing to try and catch someone for murder if you have a methodology and plan but they really had nothing and it is completely plausible that Caylee drowned in the pool. Still would have been her neglect but it is plausible.

I don't care for baez but he nailed this case from the beginning. He made sure she did what he wanted because he knew in the long run this case had so many holes he could get her off.

I think when people demonize other people making them all about one minute they miss a lot of the facts.

REALLY??? Didn't he say from the beginning that they were looking for Caylee in Mexico, with the "Nanny", then found the wrong Nanny, then the meter reader did it, then George might have done it??? He had more scenarios for this murder than I could keep up with. Only at the trial did HE say it was a drowning accident with nothing but a picture of Caylee holding a sliding glass door handle to prove it. Geeezzzzzz!!

Casey reportedly does have nightmares involving her daughter.

Quite vivid ones.

As grisly as the body disposal and recovery of the remains were, it's not surprising.

For Casey to be bothered by guilt and 'nightmares' would entail her having a conscience. Those of us who watched factual evidence over several years of her lies and callousness, never saw any trace of a conscience in her. Perhaps you could provide some evidence of where she has ever exhibited any concern for others . Here are some examples...she stole from her parents over years, causing them great hardship, she stole from her own grandmother, she stole from her grandfather's Nursing home account, she stole from her best friend. She lied to Jesse Grund that he was the father of Caylee. As soon as Caylee was born she conned her best friend into babysitting, for several months, without pay, so she could 'work' ( there was no job) then when the friend found out the truth she dumped Caylee on the Grund family, also telling them she was working ( again, no job) then whenever possible she dumped Caylee on Cindy so she could 'work' ( no job). When Cindy threatened her with taking custody away from her due to her negligence- well, we all know what happened next... I could provide many more examples, particularly regarding her behavior once Caylee went 'missing'... Those who were close to her during the Police investigation stated she never showed any concern about Caylee, or her parents grief, she was only concerned about herself.

So overprotective that she let her little girl "drown" in the back yard pool without calling 911 or mourning in away... Lordy.

That's normal isn't it, for a mom to innocently stumble across her dad in the back yard holding the tiny, wet, deceased body of her 2 year old child, & the mom reacts by hopping on the computer and chatting up her friends & keeping on top of shot girl attire & her social media accounts all day?... Sure. Fca's account of what happened is easy to believe, a perfectly normal reaction. (sarcasm)... Just go on about your day, no questions asked... Poor girl must've been so devastated (sarcasm), I can't imagine what she was telling herself, "darn it, she must've drowned, this is sooo sad, too bad I have a date with Tony to get ready for. So glad I get to go now!"...
..... I mean the story she told at trial was so unreal, it's impossible for me to believe... No mother, who claims to love her child, could go about her day the way fca did after learning their child had just died in a tragic accident, she was completely unaffected and super happy to be going out with her new boyfriend... That's not shock, shock looks completely different... It's evil. Imo.

All you have to do is examine her activity on June16, 2008 to see that their account of Caylee drowning didn't happen. It was a lie.

All jmo.

I will NEVER understand how any jury could not find her guilty for child neglect at the minimum. There was solid evidence that she knew her child was missing yet waited around a month to report it???? There is no reasonable doubt there. That is child neglect. But somehow Casey was never found guilty for that or face punishment for that.

I remember so clearly when FCA looked straight into the face of the detective she was with and said "just curious, but why didn't you issue an Amber Alert?", and when she walked around in a "find Caylee" shirt, and when she told her mom that Caylee would be home by her Birthday, and when she said she could help find Caylee if she was out of jail and when Jose asked the judge to let her out of jail so he (he alone) could accompany her while she was "finding" Caylee. and when she told her dad not to trust Jesse because he may be involved and the detailed description of the Nanny who took Caylee. I could go on and on and on about the actions of a "mother" who reacted to the drowning of her little innocent girl. I really despise her and those that enable her evil behavior.

I will NEVER understand how any jury could not find her guilty for child neglect at the minimum. There was solid evidence that she knew her child was missing yet waited around a month to report it???? There is no reasonable doubt there. That is child neglect. But somehow Casey was never found guilty for that or face punishment for that.

Even Worse, she is still trying to make money off of it. That is why some posters pop up out of nowhere and start defending her "innocence". So laughable since she already beat the system so there would be no reason for the sudden support. Be aware that the Barbara Walters Specials that have been airing about notorious crimes (would NEVER watch anything she does though) seems to be the perfect path for her to get $$. Please let's not let that happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back