Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped for space

I completely agree, and was thinking the same thing. It might be time for dedicated personnel for social media/email 'tips'. The world has changed with social media and there's no escaping it, and the only way to effectively deal with it like in the case of LE is to face it head-on, IMO.

:moo:
This would be awesome but I know of no department who has the budget.

Nancy Grace is covering Noah's story tonight. It just started.

Hey guys. First time posting about this case but I've been reading some of the comments. Not sure if this was pointed out already, but there are A LOT of creeks around the area he supposedly went missing at. Based on the location of the school that people are meeting up at to get a search going, I am guessing the house is off of the upper portion of Short Rd. Take a look. I would imagine the smell of him would vanish if he had gotten wet. My two cents. Noah map.jpg

Bringing this forward, would like to see the exact quote, haven't seen the PC yet, thanks everyone for your uodates!

"Well traveled area"...this could be important.

Note that it was sheriff Mehr and not sheriff Weaver who answered. I was surprised when I saw the video.

Male Reporter: How far away from the house do we believe Noah went missing, in the woods I guess, when he was with his grandma the first day?
Sheriff Mehr: Not that far... it's a well-traveled area.
Female Reporter: Was that still about 160 yards? It's been a few days so it's forgetting...
Sheriff Mehr: We're not going there, into exactly where it was. I'm sure people would love to know and try to get on Google Earth, try to make maps, put it in there, they may be making up stuff, it just creates issues.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1MYxNaWgYmbJw

About 14:00.

In Malik Drummond's case all our hinky alarms went off immediately. Same with Delano Wilson. Lonzie Barton was a no-brainer. With Jerold Williams all LE ever released was that he disappeared while chasing grasshoppers. Very frustrating but it turned out there was hink, just not about his disappearance - his group were members of the FLDS and his dad was a bigwig in the polygamy community.

In Noah's case I can't seem to get a bead on anything. I agree though that it would be better for the sheriff to share info about the deer cams, time Noah was missing before the 911 call, how far in the woods they were, etc. It really doesn't matter anyway at this point; the rumor mills have been grinding away for days now so it would be better to just get it out in the open from an official source.

Sorry, but I disagree that being a member of FLDS is indicative of hinky.

<modsnip> I respect various opinions even though I don't agree with them.

Bringing this forward, would like to see the exact quote, haven't seen the PC yet, thanks everyone for your uodates!

Well traveled to me means a lot of trail/dirt showing little undergrowth ..a less forested area IMO. More open.

Most departments have an officer in charge of social media.
We've seen it on other cases. Homicides, teens, cases like that.

I'm guessing not this type of case though since clues aren't likely to be found that way.

hmmm... I don't know who this guy on Nancy Grace is but he just said that the grandmother told LE right where they were when Noah disappeared and the scent dogs have confirmed it.

update:
Keith Sherley, News Director, 101.5

Sorry, but I disagree that being a member of FLDS is indicative of hinky.

<modsnip> I respect various opinions even though I don't agree with them.

I should have been clearer - we were questioning why so little info was being put out about Jerold's disappearance. LE was protecting the group and not trying to muddy anything about the circumstances of his becoming lost.

Having said that, it turns out that the FLDS group in question is connected to marriages to underaged girls so in my opinion (only) I consider that behavior to be hinky. I don't give a rat's patooty about polygamy except when innocents are involved.

Search efforts for Noah Chamberlin scaled back as winter weather moves in
http://wreg.com/2016/01/19/search-e...erlin-scaled-back-as-wintry-weather-moves-in/

"CHESTER COUNTY, Tenn. -- Local law enforcement representatives met with the media on Tuesday to give an update on the latest in the search for 2-year-old Noah Chamberlin.

Officials said with wintry weather forecasted they would not be using volunteers this evening to search for the boy.

Law enforcement said they would continue the search as long as the weather would allow them to."

Snip

"So far, law enforcement agencies have searched over 1,000 acres of land using hundreds of people."

*video at link, talks about coworkers at trucking company supporting Noah's dad.

Well traveled to me means a lot of trail/dirt showing little undergrowth ..a less forested area IMO. More open.

Last Thursday was a decent very mild day, thinking many would have been outside enjoying it. Drawing a blank, Has it been said if there were others on or around the trail?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's possible I've passed over this, but where is the focus on the trail cameras coming from? How do we know there are even trail cameras out there?

Maybe there are no cameras, and the sheriff doesn't want people knowing that - just in case this does turn into a criminal investigation, and they can use it to make the perp sweat about thinking (s)he might be caught on camera. Just a random thought.

If the area is so densely wooded, it doesn't seem like a good hunting spot (only talking about deer hunting though. Idk about anything else). I've never hunted, but I've seen lots of people doing it and prepping for it and they'd always have their cameras aimed at a bit of an open spot, where they'd put corn out for the deer.

Sarx, thank you SO much for all of your input. :loveyou:

Why aren't we told what time they went into the woods, length of time on nature hike, and what Grandmother did immediately upon noticing Noah gone? This is all important information.

Where was mother and father while children were visiting grandmother? When did they arrive?

The parents have not been officially identified in the news unless I missed it. A bit strange!
II
Has the grandmother been officially identified?

It is these type of issues that take me to deeper issues. It appears that anything to do with the family is totally skipped in articles. Nothing personal has leaked or been given out. Oh, it may make a mention regarding the parents are amongst the search parties etc., but very little. Makes you ask yourself why?

We know nothing about this family. In fact, we know little of the missing child. Was he a climber, a runner, a talker, potty trained, liked to build with Legos or the magnetic toys? I haven't seen one description of little Noah.

And some people wonder how we could ever question the fact that Noah is not in these woods? This case is unlike others we follow. They each have their own peculiarities, however, they still follow similiar footsteps. This one has too many open-ended questions that the sheriff flatly refuses to acknowledge. There is a reason why that will come out! Where are those reporters that want a headline?

My opinions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member