Found Deceased NY - Sierra Shields, 30, Queens, 14 January 2016

Reflecting on above post #46... Which lets us in a bit into Sierra's life (as per her father) I cannot help but feeling she has a true servant's heart...wanting to help people, etc... Could she be living among the homeless? That's what Jesus did and she was working on her masters degree in ministry. Just a thought....

From what I know, all hospitals and homeless shelters have been checked and continue to be checked. No sign of Sierra.

Please remind me; have her cell phone records been obtained by LE?
Praying for her safe return, and soon!

Please remind me; have her cell phone records been obtained by LE?
Praying for her safe return, and soon!

I believe they have, as well as bank/credit/debit card history and surveillance from airport and nearby businesses.

No specific info was given to the public other than these are all being handled by LE.

I'm following the thread but I don't recall if it's been mentioned if she has a significant other or not. I'm guessing none has been mentioned?

SanJuanMom----re your post at #60----good thought.....in NYC there are alot of homeless and with the coming blizzard NYPD and Social Services are out and looking to offer assistance and lodging to all in need. Good chance Sierra will be found at such time----praying that happens.

were all her bills up to date ? Wondering if she may have paid up on everything so she could take time away----being a responsible young woman.
Sierra----if you are reading this--please call your family.

This case saddens me...I strongly dislike disappearances when multiple persons report that the missing person seemed sad, something was "off", appeared down, etc... Why do the disappeared often fail to access support? In this case from what I have read...Sierra had SO MUCH LOVE around her...and she seems so sweet and loving ( haven't heard ONE negative thing about her) ...and well educated,etc...we need more Sierras in the world . Please come home!

This case saddens me...I strongly dislike disappearances when multiple persons report that the missing person seemed sad, something was "off", appeared down, etc... Why do the disappeared often fail to access support? In this case from what I have read...Sierra had SO MUCH LOVE around her...and she seems so sweet and loving ( haven't heard ONE negative thing about her) ...and well educated,etc...we need more Sierras in the world . Please come home!

You can tell there is something wrong if you know someone well, you ask and they say everything is fine. What are you to do? There's no help for someone who won't admit anything is wrong and you can't do anything with an adult for help, like your child. Trust me, I had a very good friend who committed suicide and the day before I knew something was "off." But again there is nothing you can do. And we do not understand the mind of the mentally ill, during an episode they don't understand rationalization.

So true, SanJuanMom.
I have seen so much love and compassion for Sierra and her family. More than any case I have followed before. Not one negative comment. No bashing. No arguing. Thousands of people just doing as much as possible to find Sierra. There have been songs written. Videos made. And vigils in multiple cities being held.
It is hard to imagine that with all this love...she would disappear by choice.

Just reading about this lovely lady today for the first time. Someone suggested possible notes in her Bible - and that seems like a great place to start, unless she has it with her. Wondering, is anything (personal items) missing from her apartment - or do we even know that?

Yes! Add this all to the fact this is a seemingly religious, extremely educated family...and she had big dreams and goals...I sure wish I understood mental illness better...I cannot wrap my head around this at all. I wish I had all the support she has!!!:tantrum:
So true, SanJuanMom.
I have seen so much love and compassion for Sierra and her family. More than any case I have followed before. Not one negative comment. No bashing. No arguing. Thousands of people just doing as much as possible to find Sierra. There have been songs written. Videos made. And vigils in multiple cities being held.
It is hard to imagine that with all this love...she would disappear by choice.

I can't believe she still hasn't been found!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! Add this all to the fact this is a seemingly religious, extremely educated family...and she had big dreams and goals...I sure wish I understood mental illness better...I cannot wrap my head around this at all. I wish I had all the support she has!!!:tantrum:

Did you follow the Teleka Patrick case?
It was devastating. She was brilliant. A doctor. A devout christian. Amazing lady. Sweet and loving. A real tragedy.
If you have some (a lot) of free time...read her threads.

Snip (video at link)

And here's a heartfelt rendition sung by the A Cappella Chorus at Rochester College in Rochester Hills, Mich., a college associated with Churches of Christ.

The students are singing on behalf of Sierra Shields, a flight attendant who, on Jan. 14, quit her job and left LaGuardia Airport in New York on foot, CBS reports. She hasn't been seen since.

Shields' father is an elder of a Church of Christ in Illinois and her brother is worship minister for the Rochester Church of Christ. Learn more at the Find Sierra Shields Facebook page. -

See more at: http://www.christianchronicle.org/a...ay-the-greatest-commands#sthash.Bmie5ft3.dpuf

Worst case scenario....she was suicidal...how on earth does a team search in a blizzard like the one hitting NY? Time is passing and I'm having sorrowful thoughts...

Worst case scenario....she was suicidal...how on earth does a team search in a blizzard like the one hitting NY? Time is passing and I'm having sorrowful thoughts...

Blizzard is an understatement. We already have 15". White out conditions. All highways are closed. All mass transit shut down. No one is searching for the next few days.

And if what her dad mentioned (about the East River) is what she did...I am afraid it will take months for her to be found.

Momoffourboys....is the river flowing or ice ?

We have had an extremely mild winter. Temps have been around 45-50. I don't believe the East River is frozen.

...and temps are expected to go up to 45 on Wednesday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back