VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it is obvious he is new to the area. You don't mess with Bburg Police. They are legit and they will find out everything he did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe you.

If they met on a teen dating site or the like, and if he did murder her, I'm pretty sure we'll have details about this soon.

I'm saying that, because IMO there are not too many options - even if for some reason this guy planned to abduct and murder a random girl, it wasn't planned very well since he got busted so quickly. No doubt Blacksburg PD has a lot more already than they are making public so far, and if not, they'll find it soon.

He won't be able to hide a thing.

I don't think she passed away accidentally but I could be wrong, obviously. For a murder charge to pop up this fast, where there's smoke, there's fire. :cow:

All crime is senseless, in my opinion, but this case is really up there for me. This guy had a bright future ahead of him, what the heck happened that he did this?? I feel bad for his family, they no doubt never saw this coming. It's not their fault. I obviously also feel bad for Nicole's family and all who loved her... no doubt in my mind Nicole also had a bright future ahead of her, even though she didn't see it at her age. This guy threw so many lives away and I hope we'll know eventually what in the world possessed him.

RIP Nicole. :rose:

Since he is only 18 now,we will never know of any previous infractions since it would be sealed under a juvenile record.I'm sure we 'll hear more in the coming days of his past.

Since he is only 18 now,we will never know of any previous infractions since it would be sealed under a juvenile record.I'm sure we 'll hear more in the coming days of his past.

He was a 4 year athlete in high school so I can't imagine that he has been in much trouble. He wouldn't have remained on the team otherwise I don't believe. I also don't think he would have got into Tech with anything more than a very minor criminal record.

Nichole was only 4' 8" according to the missing poster. Her death is beyond sad on
so many levels. A promising young man, who is legally an adult, threw his life away. Nothing will bring Nichole back, but I hope he pays for this with the most severe of punishments. Sounds like he isn't cooperating if he did not disclose where he left her. Wonder what his defense attorney will spew if this goes to trial?

This is as heinous as the Sierra Lamar case, except Sierra's alleged murderer was a known who still hasn't gone to trial four years out. He claims innocence and his PD files ridiculous papers in order to obtain continuance after continuance. I won't even get into Jessica Ridgeway's case except to say she was 10 years old.

I wish we knew why such horror is allowed to happen in the world. My faith is a bit shaken right now.

RIP, Nichole.

I do think we have to be careful to not assume too much from the murder charge. If she did die from liver failure or accidental causes during the commission of a felony, like the kidnapping, he could still be charged with murder.

The article I read said FIRST DEGREE murder. I am not really up on all the legal terms. But doesn't that mean it was premeditated?

What an awful outcome. Way too early to even begin to speculate what happened, IMO, though I can't think of a valid reason why an 18 year old college student would be involved with a 13 year old who disappeared over night (especially one who brought along her blanket). ;(

I apologize. The article I read just stated murder, without a degree.

I watched most of the press conference and he did not confess.They did say social media played a big part in finding Nicole and leading to an arrest.Facebook needs to start deleting some of these websites for teens meeting.There are so many perps with fake profiles.This is just a breeding ground for danger.This man David was on the news before,he sounded very arrogant to me.
Just will never understand how someone that is a good student and athlete,can go down this evil path.[video=youtube;V9L2QDhOJVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9L2QDhOJVU[/video]

I watched that earlier today and he didn't come off as arrogant at all - he came across as confident in himself. Obviously, something HUGE happened between last year and now. The kid in THIS video is obviously the same kid sitting in a jail cell tonight charged with 1st degree murder and kidnapping of a naive 13 yr old girl, but what the heck happened out there in NC in the last 3 days?

How did this student-of-the-week join the ranks of so many other suspects that prey on little girls?

I watched that earlier today and he didn't come off as arrogant at all - he came across as confident in himself. Obviously, something HUGE happened between last year and now. The kid in THIS video is obviously the same kid sitting in a jail cell tonight charged with 1st degree murder and kidnapping of a naive 13 yr old girl, but what the heck happened out there in NC in the last 3 days?

How did this student-of-the-week join the ranks of so many other suspects that prey on little girls?
I have to preface this by saying that most mentally ill people don't harm themselves or others, but he is at the age where something like paranoid schizophrenia can rear its head. It's the only thing that really seems plausible in this situation.

What struck me about the news report is that it states "the remains" not "the body"; could it be there was a fire or something? Imo I think there is someone else they're looking for or at, I haven't watched the video of him so I can't comment on whether or not he's a sociopath or not, I just think he might've been associated with someone who put him in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe he was helping a friend meet up with her & he was the ride. Maybe she wanted to act all grown up but when time came to actually do "adult" acts she said no & that wasn't an acceptable answer & he or whoever put a pillow over her face to quiet the screams of rejection & then he/they went into fight or flight mode. Just my speculations.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I've seen conflicting reports on whether it's 1st degree or not so here's some info on murder charges in VA (my browser is very keen to VA's criminal codes after the AJ Hadsell case)

First-Degree Murder : It is first degree murder to kill another by poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, or by any willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or in the commission of, or attempt to commit, arson, rape, forcible sodomy, inanimate or animate object sexual penetration, robbery, burglary, or abduction.

Second-Degree Murder: All other murder not defined as either capital murder or first-degree murder is second-degree murder, and is punishable by anywhere from five to 40 years in prison. This includes felony murder, i.e. murder that happens when the defendant is committing another felony such as robbery or carjacking. Even a death that is an accident will be considered felony murder if it happens while a felony is being committed.

- See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/virginia-law/virginia-murder-laws.html#sthash.wACRpzlV.dpuf

He's not there yet - but he should show up here http://www.courts.state.va.us/caseinfo/home.html (Washington County - Criminal Court) after his first appearance - whenever that is. Likely Monday?

Re: "remains" v. "body". It always bugs me too, but some jurisdictions commonly use either, to describe an intact, deceased body. Others, specifically use "remains" to describe exactly that, a deceased person's parts, who may not be all there due to **whatever** reason.

I know, it's gruesome and I apologize but it's the way LE works :(

What an awful outcome. Way too early to even begin to speculate what happened, IMO, though I can't think of a valid reason why an 18 year old college student would be involved with a 13 year old who disappeared over night (especially one who brought along her blanket). ;(

I wonder if the poor girl (RIP) was pretending to be someone else online. Maybe she wanted to pretend she was older and go out with an older boy. That seems more plausible to me than the 18 year old kid trolling for middle school girls, but who knows, maybe he was. Then again, maybe this (if he's guilty) met her and was expecting someone else, but when she wasn't the person he expected to meet, he acted out violently and killed her.

This is many years ago now, but when I was 18 or 19, I started talking to a high school girl online who sent me fake pictures and everything. I went to her house to pick her up one day, and was really not happy to meet someone entirely different than who I was expecting. I thought very quickly on my feet, gave her a confusing story about why I had to go back to my car and I would be right back, and before she made sense of it all, I was driving away as fast as I could and never looked back. Got some desperate and heartbroken emails or instant messages shortly thereafter, but she did lie to me after all.

Not saying that's what happened here, but it's possible. Just speculating.

There's just so many places to hide a girl in a freshman dorm room

I doubt he ever had her at his dorm. I worked at that university for 11 years and they just renovated that dorm. Its a large dorm but I seriously doubt that he would take a 13 year old girl there. I dont think he acted alone. By now you have heard that they have found her body just inside of Surry NC. The VSP and NSP worked together and the VSP found her. They are saying he has a charge of 1st degree murder now, he has lawyer-ed up, and refuses to cooperate. He did NOT tell them where her body was. SO in order for them to know I would think that someone is singing...like a canary. Seems like Virginia Tech cannot get away from these murders and crimes. I was working there when four of them occurred. The policeman on the bike trail, the guy that shot all those students, the police officer being executed while sitting in his car (from behind) and that guy that decapitated another student because she didn't return his love interest. I left there this year... but this is now a stain on the community yet again from Virginia Tech student body. So sad

If police got their information from cell phone pings then he's definitely not as smart as he apparently thinks he is.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the comments on that video, there is someone who posted about him getting bad grades and being a phony in high school. That comment was 10 months ago, when this kid was anonymous, so it's more than likely true. Doesn't seem to be very intelligent, thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member