Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too many people rape and kill while salivating on a impending $36 million lawsuit that could have been settled soon. But I am surprised that the idiot didn't leave town while suing a corrupt le agency.

This guy was not bright at all. His civil lawyers could have fronted him some money to temporarily move until the lawsuit was settled. Jmo

He was asking for 36K but that doesn't mean he would have gotten that amount. Others who served longer who were exonerated weren't awarded nearly that amount of money.

He wasn't even suing any of the officers at the crime scene. He was suing the DA and the Sheriff who held those positions way back when he was arrested for the rape he didn't commit.

I have learned to never believe murderers act rationally and Avery is no exception. There have been other exonerated people who went on to commit violent acts such as rape and murder. Being exonerated doesn't make him immune to violent acts. He already had a propensity for violence even before the false rape charge.

He was asking for 36K but that doesn't mean he would have gotten that amount. Others who served longer who were exonerated weren't awarded nearly that amount of money.

He wasn't even suing any of the officers at the crime scene. He was suing the DA and the Sheriff who held those positions way back when he was arrested for the rape he didn't commit.

I have learned to never believe murderers act rationally and Avery is no exception. There have been other exonerated people who went on to commit violent acts such as rape and murder. Being exonerated doesn't make him immune to violent acts. He already had a propensity for violence even before the false rape charge.

BBM ~ It's actually 36 million, not 36K.

ill tell you what makes Avery different he was failed due process not once but twice. Not saying he's innocent not saying he's guilty, but he wasn't given due process and that's a problem.

ill tell you what makes Avery different he was failed due process not once but twice. Not saying he's innocent not saying he's guilty, but he wasn't given due process and that's a problem.

I agree. Whether SA is guilty or not guilty, there is a possibility he was framed. If he was guilty of the murder and it's proven he was framed to ensure his conviction, he still walks free. And when it's all said and done, this case will probably end up costing the county (or counties) $36 million anyways.

And if it's proven he was framed, you'll see a lot more people than SA and BD in prison. Someone somewhere is going to be given immunity from prosecution and the dominoes will come tumbling down after that. Big fish, little fish.

BTW, an interesting side note having no bearing on the SA case, SA had a cut on the middle finger of his right hand. In another famous case, OJ Simpson had a cut on the middle finger of his left hand. The jury never heard that evidence.

Ryan Ferguson's current girlfriend was someone who wrote him in prison because she felt he was innocent and then worked really hard to help get him freed. They are still together. BTW-they make a beautiful couple.

I think SA's current friend (former fiance) seems pretty together, actually. I think she did start by wanting to help him and then there was an attraction at some point.

I take these particular women, although something I wouldn't do, differently than the "murder groupies" out there who are actually drawn to these men because they actually are killers.

Oh absolutely agree, they are very different than murderer groupies. *shudder*.

I just wonder if they have *helper*/*rescuer* personalities and are ( initially and perhaps even somewhat subconsciously ), drawn to these men for those reasons. Not saying it's a bad thing, just couldn't fathom taking on the sheer amount of work they do, and the whole legal system like they do, for anyone I *met* through the media.

BBM.... Saw this in Sgt. AC's Testimony. Questioning was done by Defense Attorney Strang....

http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...494/Jury-Trial-Transcript-Day-7-2007Feb20.pdf

attachment.php

I agree. Whether SA is guilty or not guilty, there is a possibility he was framed. If he was guilty of the murder and it's proven he was framed to ensure his conviction, he still walks free. And when it's all said and done, this case will probably end up costing the county (or counties) $36 million anyways.

And if it's proven he was framed, you'll see a lot more people than SA and BD in prison. Someone somewhere is going to be given immunity from prosecution and the dominoes will come tumbling down after that. Big fish, little fish.

I agree one hundred percent. If in fact he was guilty but framed he deserves to walk free because that isn't the way the system works. It absolutely infuriates me the "oh well he was guilty anyway" IMO No facts, they already have a pretty good idea who they are throwing under the bus at this point there's to much publicity and M county is gonna have to provide answers. Not to mention he has a very highly respected lawyer if she didn't have evidence he was innocent I don't think she would be proclaiming that she does. she's already famous, she has nothing to gain but everything to lose. She's not doing it for the publicity not by any stretch of the human imagination. So sad for Everyone involved.

Thanks for posting the simple truth! It will fall on deaf ears <modsnip>, but it is the truth, and beautifully stated.

almost no doubt that the gruesome theory of TH's murder was his own little fantasy!

I have read some old articles about this before, he's a pig. And I've seen recent interviews with him saying "meh, it was nothing really, I asked her to go for a beer" Terrible.

And, it's not only 1 count. Multiple women have come forward. Why isn't KK is prison???????

Should we let innocent men sit in prison while guilty killers walk free ?

NO, but to say we should let a killer walk free is just insane. Should the US DOJ investigate to determine if in fact there was police misconduct--ABSOLUTELY--should those responsible for misconduct be held accountable--ABSOLUTELY--but...

the poster said if he is guilty, we should let him walk free...he DIDN'T say if he is innocent he should walk free--there is a difference.

NO, but to say we should let a killer walk free is just insane. Should the US DOJ investigate to determine if in fact there was police misconduct--ABSOLUTELY--should those responsible for misconduct be held accountable--ABSOLUTELY--but...

the poster said if he is guilty, we should let him walk free...he DIDN'T say if he is innocent he should walk free--there is a difference.

Actually, the law says he will walk free if his rights were violated, whether he's guilty or not.

Actually, the law says he will walk free if his rights were violated, whether he's guilty or not.

Exactly--so where is the complaint with the DOJ that his civil rights were violated--where is the DOJ investigation into Manitowoc County Sherriff's Office. It doesn't exist---why?

Exactly--so where is the complaint with the DOJ that his civil rights were violated--where is the DOJ investigation into Manitowoc County Sherriff's Office. It doesn't exist---why?

It seems that only relatively recently is the DOJ actually stepping up investigations of law enforcement agencies, and even then it seems to be only after a series of high profile incidents. Hopefully with all of the attention that the documentary has brought to them there will be an investigation, but it won't change that it's going to be a decade after all of these events took place.

[video=youtube;7NJK1XsYYmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJK1XsYYmM[/video]

Avery wrote and filed his appeal January 11, 2016 before noted defense attorney Kathleen Zellner took on his case. It appears the State of Wisconsin is part of this conspiracy to continue to violate his rights. (Strong language on page 4 of the appeal showing that one of the jurors related to law enforcement involved in the case intimidated the other jurors) That's a no-no.

https://localtvwiti.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/avery-motions-filed-1-11-16.pdf

So, we should let guilty killers walk free to kill again?
Yes, I stand behind that post one hundred percent IF people are framed and not given rights to trial free of corruption. They should walk free, think about it if we allow planted evidence not a bright future for America. Not to mention, we should all be worried if that's the case. This means everyone who is accused is garunteed guilty.

BBM.... Saw this in Sgt. AC's Testimony. Questioning was done by Defense Attorney Strang....

http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...494/Jury-Trial-Transcript-Day-7-2007Feb20.pdf

attachment.php

Ok I read all this. :gaah: So here's some take aways-
Regarding Colburn- claims the only LE dealings he had with SA was tangential in relation to the phone call about having GA in custody and is admitting to an assault in MC that SA was in prison for. He denies any hard feeling or anything that might give him cause to plant evidence. Yet interestingly was he was running for Sheriff in the upcoming election against Robert Hermann who was under sheriff at the time (the owner of the other salvage yard) and it was implied the taint of the SA civil suit was enough to hurt his chances in the election. SA's defense was going down the path that Colburn and Lenk had a quid pro quo relationship in regards to SA's planting of evidence.
Regarding Lenk- he claims that he only had a deposition in the SA civil suit because of that phone call transferred from Colburn regarding the GA incident. That he had no other dealings with SA.
So truthfully what's their motive??? At the time they weren't named in the civil suit. And did they have a real opportunity to plant the evidence? Neither claims to have ever been in her SUV at any point in time. Neither of their dna or fingerprints should be inside the car. Could possibly SA been caught up in a web of personal politics within the MCSO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle