GUILTY UK - India Chipchase, 20, Northampton, 30 January 2016

Wasn't her phone traced to Victoria Park? That is quite close to where he lives right?

Either she went to the park and he either persuaded her (unlikely imo) or forced her to go home with him, or he just dumped the phone there later on.

Just to add, that part of Northampton (St James) is heading out towards areas that aren't particularly nice (Semilong in particular), however it is dirt cheap there and I know that quite a few of my student friends lived there at one point. She could have decided to walk to stay at a friend's perhaps and come across this man on the way? It's also not far from the train station which is often thought of by many people in Northampton as a rough area.

Also, although the town tries to enforce strict rules regarding taxis/unmarked cabs, back when I used to drink (just under a year ago) I would find that due to the level of drunkenness contained on Bridge St, many people would not show up for their booked taxis/would decide to go home with a friend etc, so the taxis are often left idling on the streets waiting for people. It actually wasn't uncommon for me or a friend to go up to a taxi and ask if it was free, and often if it had been waiting for 20 mins or so for the people who made the booking, the driver would 'look the other way' and let you in if you didn't seem too drunk. I've often received automated texts from the taxi company stating that they'd been waiting for a while and therefore would now be leaving, if that makes sense.

My little brother is 18 and he was in NB's and saw India on the night that she disappeared. NB's has quite a bad rep and is not the kind of place I would visit at all (me and my friends always went to quieter pubs in the Mounts area) but at the same time it does tend to have quite a young crowd that look out for each other, to an extent. Very sad and scary.

Also, I think the scariest thing for a lot of people my age and India's age is that Bridge Street/Northampton town centre has had a reputation for quite a while for being really rowdy and aggressive at night time - lots of riot vans, fights, etc. This is obviously awful, but poor India's death seems so shocking and out of left field because it doesn't fit in with this. Just horrible. Another body was found recently, too - I wasn't brought up wrapped in cotton wool or naive at all but it's really sad and scary.

A 51-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murdering a 20-year-old Northampton woman who went missing at the weekend has had his custody time extended by police.

Detectives have therefore taken the opportunity to extend the time period while they await the results of the postmortem, which may hold further evidence. It is hoped the results will be received by the end of today, before further questioning will take place.

Read more: http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.u...tory-28648029-detail/story.html#ixzz3yxOJS7tW
Follow us: @NorthamptonUK on Twitter | NorthantsHeraldPost on Facebook

http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.u...tory-28648029-detail/story.html#ixzz3ywOE9fGk

Just to add, that part of Northampton (St James) is heading out towards areas that aren't particularly nice (Semilong in particular), however it is dirt cheap there and I know that quite a few of my student friends lived there at one point. She could have decided to walk to stay at a friend's perhaps and come across this man on the way? It's also not far from the train station which is often thought of by many people in Northampton as a rough area.

Also, although the town tries to enforce strict rules regarding taxis/unmarked cabs, back when I used to drink (just under a year ago) I would find that due to the level of drunkenness contained on Bridge St, many people would not show up for their booked taxis/would decide to go home with a friend etc, so the taxis are often left idling on the streets waiting for people. It actually wasn't uncommon for me or a friend to go up to a taxi and ask if it was free, and often if it had been waiting for 20 mins or so for the people who made the booking, the driver would 'look the other way' and let you in if you didn't seem too drunk. I've often received automated texts from the taxi company stating that they'd been waiting for a while and therefore would now be leaving, if that makes sense.

My little brother is 18 and he was in NB's and saw India on the night that she disappeared. NB's has quite a bad rep and is not the kind of place I would visit at all (me and my friends always went to quieter pubs in the Mounts area) but at the same time it does tend to have quite a young crowd that look out for each other, to an extent. Very sad and scary.

BIB That does make far more sense than the idea that India walked back to this man's house with him.

What led police directly to this suspect? Maybe her phone? Fast work on the part of LE.

She is an absolutely beautiful young woman.

Why? Why did this happen to her?

Is it no6? Because if so that house was last sold in 2001. A neighbour said the arrested man hadn't lived there that long. The arrested man was on the electoral register in 2011/2012 which fits in ok. However, he probably rented.

I found this on Rightmove from May 2014 for no6. It's archived so doesn't say whether it was for sale or rent at that time.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-pr...l?prop=29685249&sale=24412688&country=england

I've never seen things wrapped like that and am a bit freaked out. Can anyone offer me an explanation so I can sleep peacefully!

(DISCLAIMER: if we're not talking about no6 please ignore all of the above!)

I'm going with number 6. It fits with the MSM pics.

As for the photos, some look like decorating is going on, or furniture under wraps to keep clean. But as a way of selling a property, even as a rental, it is beyond weird.

What led police directly to this suspect? Maybe her phone? Fast work on the part of LE.

She is an absolutely beautiful young woman.

Why? Why did this happen to her?

I think they back tracked the phone from the park to that street or just got lucky doing standard house to house. Example of what Google records on a Smartphone http://trendblog.net/cant-remember-last-night-google-location-history-can-help-you/

Is it no6? Because if so that house was last sold in 2001. A neighbour said the arrested man hadn't lived there that long. The arrested man was on the electoral register in 2011/2012 which fits in ok. However, he probably rented.

I found this on Rightmove from May 2014 for no6. It's archived so doesn't say whether it was for sale or rent at that time.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-pr...l?prop=29685249&sale=24412688&country=england

I've never seen things wrapped like that and am a bit freaked out. Can anyone offer me an explanation so I can sleep peacefully!

I also thought seeing image number 2 was just decorating but then saw the rest. I can only guess someone with OCD!

That looks super odd. I'd say whoever did that has a severe form of OCD (my non professional opinion)

I once worked for a very short time (just a few days really) for a woman who lived that way. Everything was covered in plastic sheets to keep it clean. It was really weird and uncomfortable. (Needless to say, I didn't get along with her and quit that job.)

He's some how got hold of her.. (This bit baffles me as he doesn't drive according to neighbours he occasionally gets a cab) he didn't drag her from town to his home the roads down st James are too busy for them not to have been seen.. Was there a scuffle walking thru the park where the phone was found ? (The park is a short cut to the houses in st James..saves walking along around the main roads) ..or did he through it there after and it was traced.. The collingtree pub wouldn't have been his local it's too far for him and he was a so called recluse .. So he didn't know her from there .. Was she walking that way to go somewhere else, took a short cut across the park ? *sigh* and mr recluse was there waiting ?

My husband said the same thing... I don't think that's the case , he didn't drive and never had visitors and would just pop to the shop.. Doesn't sound like a drug dealer...

Edward tenniswood has been charged with murder .

Northampton chronicle and echo

He's some how got hold of her.. (This bit baffles me as he doesn't drive according to neighbours he occasionally gets a cab) he didn't drag her from town to his home the roads down st James are too busy for them not to have been seen.. Was there a scuffle walking thru the park where the phone was found ? (The park is a short cut to the houses in st James..saves walking along around the main roads) ..or did he through it there after and it was traced.. The collingtree pub wouldn't have been his local it's too far for him and he was a so called recluse .. So he didn't know her from there .. Was she walking that way to go somewhere else, took a short cut across the park ? *sigh* and mr recluse was there waiting ?

That's what bothers me too. I don't know where she lives so don't know if she'd need to walk down his street but the thought that she did, all he'd need to do would be open that door as she passes and grab her, as there is no garden.
Good to hear he's been charged.
Impressed the police found her and caught him so quickly.

That's what bothers me too. I don't know where she lives so don't know if she'd need to walk down his street but the thought that she did, all he'd need to do would be open that door as she passes and grab her, as there is no garden.
Good to hear he's been charged.
Impressed the police found her and caught him so quickly.

Her family home is in East Hunsbury (sp?) which is south of the city centre and therefore in the opposite direction to where she ended up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back