Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that makes sense--hard to imagine.

I think most of us suspect that part of the reason she's been unidentified for so long is because she fits many "molds." Nothing about her is particularly distinctive--many girls have that same general "look", and long, straight brown hair. If I went missing around '82 as I am today, I bet I would be suggested as a match for PD. I really don't resemble the recon--I am taller and heavier, have thinner cheeks, a much smaller mouth, and a very prominent nose--but I do have similar hair and I am Caucasian.
Please excuse my babbling--what I am trying to say is, there are thousands of MPs that fit PD's mold (as is very obvious) and that is severely impeding the ID process. It seems like she could be reported missing, but it definitely wouldn't be an easy rule in/out. Even with the isotope testing it isn't--several people could have had that route. It just seems like the lines are kind of blurred. Even though the Arizona info is very specific, everything else is kind of confusing IMO.

Forgive me if this is the wrong place, but I don't know where else to post my question.

Arthur Kinlaw, whose wife Donna Kinlaw claimed was responsible for PD's murder, has killed two female victims. The article I read (Wikipedia) implied that they were still unidentified. Is this true, and if so, where are there threads?

Was Mary Trlica ever looked into?

Texas is (sort of) by Arizona. I know the time is off. But, suppose she and her friends were abducted by a prostitution ringleader (thus accounting for no remains). Also, kind of minor, but Mary was left-handed, as some suspect Princess Doe to be (defense wounds on left arm, nail polish only on right hand).

So the Princess was wearing eye shadow. Probably lip stick too. It does kind of point to "prostitute", doesn't it?

Huh? No, not at all. She's a bit dressed up, like for Sunday dinner or something, but eye shadow and lipstick are perfectly normal for most teenagers.

I'm not saying she did or didn't earn a living turning tricks, but she's not dressed for work.

So the Princess was wearing eye shadow. Probably lip stick too. It does kind of point to "prostitute", doesn't it?

Gosh no. I wore eye makeup and lipstick/lipgloss as a teen.

I think she may have been involved in prostitution, but I think that's not great evidence for that theory. Lots of girls that time period, and today, wore eyeshadow and lipstick on the regular. Has nothing to do with prostitution.

Her case is really sad, and grabs at me.

For one thing, she would be pretty close in age to my mother (born 1968). For another, I kind of imagine her home life was similar to my mother's dysfunctional/abusive childhood. Of course it is all speculation. I wonder if she was, like my mother, sent to a well-known boarding school with a well documented history of molestation.

Her case makes me sad too :( I remember stumbling upon it when I was a child when I was reading about cases like this online. It still gives me a bitter chill that even today, no one knows who she is :(

If she was wearing eye shadow and lipstick, I would think she was probably out with friends when the attack happened or she could've been getting ready to go out with her friends because one of her hands didnt have nail polish on her fingers (not sure if i worded that right but i hope it made sense). Don't really think she was a prostitute because she was so young, but I also remember reading that she had traces of alcohol in her system, not sure if it's true though.

I really think her killer(s) live nearby in the area. i don't think she's from very far away from where she was found, but it's still possible that she was. Its also sad because it's possible that she was never reported missing :(

Are there still moves afoot to transfer the Princess to the national cemetery in Arlington?

I keep coming back to her case. It was the 2nd UID case I stumbled upon in 2011 (Tammy Jo Alexander as "Cali" was the first). And this poor girl reminds me so much of my mother. My mother was born in 1968, so she would be on the younger end of Princess' age range, as I always felt Princess was. My mother did not have the happiest home life by any means--it was awful. I imagine Princess' wasn't divine--I know she had dental work, but she still could've been abused.

But most of all, the boarding school thing. I won't name it, but my mother went to a very religious boarding school in south California at the time of the murder, and it was a literal hell. They hired sex offenders as teachers, and starved the students. I imagine this would be the type of environment people would try to escape, and easily, I can picture Princess escaping a depraved place like this and falling victim to this horrible crime.

Rest in peace, Princess. I hope you find justice.

If she was wearing eye shadow and lipstick, I would think she was probably out with friends when the attack happened).

My wife, mother, sisters, and daughter often put on eye shadow and lipstick whether they are going out or not. Also, there is no evidence that PD was wearing lipstick at the time of her murder; only eye shadow.

Don't really think she was a prostitute because she was so young, but I also remember reading that she had traces of alcohol in her system, not sure if it's true though.

Child and pre-teen prostitution is much more common than you think. Also, no - she was not "found with alcohol in her system" as the media erroneously reported. During decomposition, her blood literally fermented into alcohol.

Are there still moves afoot to transfer the Princess to the national cemetery in Arlington?

There are no current plans to move PD to Arlington as she is not eligible.

Arlington's eligibility policy is as follows:

"Soldiers who die while on active duty, retired members of the Armed Forces, and certain Veterans and Family members are eligible for burial at Arlington National Cemetery."

I recently subscribed to Newspapers.com and have been going through it for articles related to missing persons and UIDs. There were dozens for Princess Doe, and I've clipped them and put them in a DropBox folder for you guys to read, if you're interested. There are 16 articles in the folder. I haven't read them yet, so I don't know how much new information they contain, but I hope it helps. The date and publisher are in the file names. (There were 42 articles on the site, but the majority were copies of other articles or only mentioned Princess Doe tangentially, so I didn't include those).

Click for the DropBox link

I recently subscribed to Newspapers.com and have been going through it for articles related to missing persons and UIDs. There were dozens for Princess Doe, and I've clipped them and put them in a DropBox folder for you guys to read, if you're interested. There are 16 articles in the folder. I haven't read them yet, so I don't know how much new information they contain, but I hope it helps. The date and publisher are in the file names. (There were 42 articles on the site, but the majority were copies of other articles or only mentioned Princess Doe tangentially, so I didn't include those).

Click for the DropBox link

...And there goes my evening/night/early morning. Thank you so much for this, Migmuu--so excited to dig into this info. Another thank you for only including articles mainly about PD so I don't have to read long articles to search for little mentions.

Thank you for sharing the article clippings Migmuu!

Does anyone know if we have a thread for the Jane Doe that is mentioned in this article? Is she still unidentified? It sounds like the burial records were lost :(
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cor971xr...view=Asbury_Park_Press_Sun__Dec_14__1986_.jpg

She is still unidentified.

Her Doenet is http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/436ufnj.html and her Namus is https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1498 but I don't see a WS thread for her.

I'm sorry for stating that PD was wearing make-up other than eyeshadow but its an educated guess given that most girls and women wear lipstick and eyeshadow together and vice versa.

I'm sorry for stating that PD was wearing make-up other than eyeshadow but its an educated guess given that most girls and women wear lipstick and eyeshadow together and vice versa.

No need for sorry--she probably was. I know I wear a bit of lipstick, powder and blush regardless of if I'm leaving the house or not. (I'm really pale; a bit of pink lipstick/blush goes a long way. LOL) And when going out I always put on eyeshadow/eyeliner. She probably was wearing other makeup. At least mascara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth