Bosma Murder Trial 02.09.16 - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tyou: to the neighbour who had surveillance. So yes, it was Thursday night and there was no Leafs hockey game on that night...just to clarify. So Dimas was wrong claiming Wednesday. HTH.

And if AJ's statement is true, he saw and took pictures of Tim's truck Thursday, but when he showed up at the hangar Friday, the truck was gone. MOO.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 24m24 minutes ago
Ordered officers to canvas neighbourhood for info, including any possible security video.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23m23 minutes ago
An officer found video of trailer being towed in on Thursday night.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/calendar.htm?date=5/1/2013

MAY 12, 2013
Dimas, who also lives on Tinsmith, said he saw someone bringing the black trailer in on Wednesday night, while Dimas and his son were watching the Maple Leafs game. Then by Sunday, “there were more police cars on the street than there were neighbourhood cars.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...kes_mothers_day_plea_for_his_safe_return.html

Are jurors not sequestered here in Canada? There is so much a juror could read including this site. What happens in a case like this? Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

They only sequester jurors during deliberations.

The judge gives them instruction at the beginning of the trial telling them not to read MSM information, not to do research on the case, etc. You just got to have faith the jurors follow instructions set out by the judge. HTH and MOO.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 13m13 minutes ago
Andrew Michalski, roommate of Dellen Millard at time of events, will be a witness

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 14m
I have gotten a lot of questions about why some witnesses are asked to ID the accused in court while others aren't http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/cj-jp/ccr-rc/pmj-pej/p5.html

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 11m11 minutes ago
As a general rule if a one-off eyewitness is asked to ID the accused in court, they must first have identified them in a proper photo lineup

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 11m11 minutes ago
As a general rule, you cannot do an uncontaminated photo lineup if the suspect/accused's photos have been all over the news

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 10m10 minutes ago
There are reasons why some witnesses asked to ID accused in court, others aren't. It's not just random

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 8h8 hours ago
Tim Bosma Trial: Day 5 http://wp.me/p44i9p-X9 Day 4 http://wp.me/p44i9p-X7 Opening: What Crown seeks to prove http://wp.me/p44i9p-W1

Or old FB accounts. ???

I sense that "age" may be why some don't think like us. When you are young you are invincible or so you think. It's a different world than what most of us here have grown up with. There is no privacy anymore and you don't keep things private. For the life of me, I can't understand the verbal diarrhea that spews forth on social media. Good Lord, like I care what you had for lunch or that you are heading out to do groceries.

But it's just that mentality that has caught this crew up and left a digital, video and blabbermouth trail of all that they did or thought. Thank Goodness for that!

As I understand it, no cell phones, or parts of cell phones or phone cases, etc. have been introduced into evidence yet. We are going from cell records only at this point? Is there a list of exhibits so far?

Nothing has been said about phones belonging to SB, WD or their neighbor across the road who went for a walk with his dog. I had thought this might be important WRT pings. The neighbor did not mention if he took his cell phone on his walk with the dog, and he was not asked. This one might be a better reference than any, as he was on the same side of the road as the hay bales.

The neighbor was not asked if he heard anything while he was out walking his dog. This doesn't mean he didn't hear anything.

Are hunters in Ontario allowed to go out shooting things after dark, or shooting from a road or highway? I know they do have to ask permission to hunt on private land. Where I'm from, farmers get mighty upset if hunters enter their land without permission. Their neighbors will phone trespassers in. No one wants livestock, dogs and people injured, fields ripped up, equipment damaged, etc.

We don't know (yet) if any reporters contacted police about the trailer in MB's driveway. I'm hoping they did, otherwise I have a problem with them.

The color red in vehicle paint is a composite of many colors. Red car paint can contain black as a pigment, adding to the problem of how our brains perceive color at night. The truck in MB's driveway arrived in darkness. I can't be bothered to look up the color composite of that red truck paint. Shouldn't have had that refreshment earlier.

molly hayes @mollyhayes
Now looking at records for 2 phone numbers pulled through production orders. Both linked to Smich's gf Marlena Meneses. #Bosma

molly hayes @mollyhayes
One is a prepaid account, active only from Feb 27-May 27 2013.

The other is a 'postpaid' account active since Dec. 12. #Bosma

Interesting. MS's gf gets herself a pre-paid and not 2 weeks later (March 11th if memory serves?) DM gets himself one too. Hmm...

hmmm so is MS the smart criminal....getting his GF to get the phone for him and DM getting one for himself.

I'm curious... if any of you posting/reading were, let's say, for example, the ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend of someone now on trial for murder - and you knew your name was going to be revealed in court... would you leave all your old SM accounts up and running? :thinking:

hmmm Hi MM, she must be here, as her one SM account is somewhat private, but not totally

As I understand it, no cell phones, or parts of cell phones or phone cases, etc. have been introduced into evidence yet. We are going from cell records only at this point? Is there a list of exhibits so far?

Nothing has been said about phones belonging to SB, WD or their neighbor across the road who went for a walk with his dog. I had thought this might be important WRT pings. The neighbor did not mention if he took his cell phone on his walk with the dog, and he was not asked. This one might be a better reference than any, as he was on the same side of the road as the hay bales.

The neighbor was not asked if he heard anything while he was out walking his dog. This doesn't mean he didn't hear anything.

Are hunters in Ontario allowed to go out shooting things after dark, or shooting from a road or highway? I know they do have to ask permission to hunt on private land. Where I'm from, farmers get mighty upset if hunters enter their land without permission. Their neighbors will phone trespassers in. No one wants livestock, dogs and people injured, fields ripped up, equipment damaged, etc.

We don't know (yet) if any reporters contacted police about the trailer in MB's driveway. I'm hoping they did, otherwise I have a problem with them.

The color red in vehicle paint is a composite of many colors. Red car paint can contain black as a pigment, adding to the problem of how our brains perceive color at night. The truck in MB's driveway arrived in darkness. I can't be bothered to look up the color composite of that red truck paint. Shouldn't have had that refreshment earlier.

Hunters in Ontario are not permitted to hunt during a certain period of time before sunrise and a certain period of time after sunset. You cannot shoot within a certain proximity to a building and you CANNOT shoot across a road.

Having said all that, Farmers can possess a special license (can't remember what it is called) which allows them to shoot an animal that is a threat to crops or livestock. So, if a coyote is in your barn at midnight, a farmer with an appropriate permit, can shoot the coyote, or fox, or raccoon, or dog. They can also shoot deer that are eating crops and they can shoot birds that may be eating crops as well.

This is a special permit and does not really constitute a Hunting License.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario...is_return_after_test_drive_disappearance.html

I had been hoping to get some hints from the pings about where this "pond off Book Road" is. There are ponds within that 2.5 km. ping radius, but I don't know if they searched the ones to the west of Trinity Road.

"The marine unit was called in Thursday to search a pond in an area off Book Rd. The search stemmed from a tip from a neighbour who heard noises around the time of the disappearance."

Thank you. My next question was going to be about coyotes.

You can hunt coyotes in Ontario but, unless you have the proper permit, you can only hunt them during daylight hours.

You can hunt coyotes in Ontario but, unless you have the proper permit, you can only hunt them during daylight hours.

Thank you. Just my opinion, but farmers know the difference between the sound of a shotgun and a rifle. They can probably recognize an unusual sound like a handgun, too.

Interesting that initial media reports said that someone heard something, and not that someone saw something. That is what the media were told, anyways.

I have no recollection if the ground-penetrating radar used in Ayr was also used in Ancaster.

Gosh, I hope criminals don't find out that when you park a vehicle in a driveway so close to a garage door that the licence plate can't be read, neighbors might suspect something. This is especially true when that hasn't ever happened before, and happens for the first time at night, in the dark.

I seem to remember that we had a poster on here who posted photos of the trailer in MB's driveway. Am I dreaming this?

Thank you. Just my opinion, but farmers know the difference between the sound of a shotgun and a rifle. They can probably recognize an unusual sound like a handgun, too.

First time poster but have been a lurker since the very beginning of this case.

I'm not sure if they would notice. I have a farm and we do hunt on it as do our neighbours (those with permission) and I also live very close to a gun club. I can tell if someone's shooting something like a 12 gauge because it's very loud but the difference between a .22 and a hand gun would be difficult to tell i think. Just my opinion

Gosh, I hope criminals don't find out that when you park a vehicle in a driveway so close to a garage door that the licence plate can't be read, neighbors might suspect something. This is especially true when that hasn't ever happened before, and happens for the first time at night, in the dark.

Cars and trucks in Ontario have a licence plate on the front and back whereas a trailer only has a plate on the back.

I googled and found this youtube video of a guy shooting .380's. At this point we do not know the model of handgun used but we do know the ammo that was used so that is useful. To be honest, I was surprised. I personally don't think this is very loud at all. Whether there is distortion or not I can't tell. Since it was determined that Tim was shot IN the truck, I'm not sure that the shot or shots would be all that noticeable.

[video=youtube;9dSkIgRJBA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dSkIgRJBA8[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member