Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that "sweet" note:

"I hope you will take this interregnum from who you have been and who you really are and never look back. To be ruled by your best self..."

This really does not sound like Travis to me. It sounds like CMJA. Somewhat strange that it would be in the box where the receipts were kept for the police to find. She had stolen his journals long before that was found.

Maybe because I've tried to avoid imagining the murder itself, or because JM wasn't explicit at trial, dunno, but for me this is new:

JM believes the killer continued holding the camera the entire time she slaughtered him, up until the time she had to drop it to use both hands to drag him back to the bathroom.

Sickening feeling- she was trying to film the murder itself?

This makes me want to throw up.

It might also indicate that the shot couldn't have come first. Can you shoot with a gun in one hand and shoot with a camera in the other? We do know she was ambidextrous and she was proud of it, but didn't she at one point back off of the ambidexterity claim by saying it was only for some tasks (maybe the EF interrogation?)? As if to cover for the possibility that she could do both things at once?

Wouldn't there be too much kickback from a gun? Is it even possible to do all that at once? And is that narrative supported by the photo themselves? What is JM's evidence she held the camera that whole time?

Chapter 20. Killer takes the stand.

JM thought the DT would start with the murder, but realized pretty quickly that the trial was to become "the Jodi Ann Arias life story."

Didn't see the logic in the DT approach of going over every last smack of the spoon, so to speak, as he thought that could backfire and make her look more like a "spoiled child" than a victim.

Notes that the only regret she expressed was about having to acknowledge those bitter presumptuous words about never getting convicted, not about slaughtering Travis.

I'm not getting the book, so I'd appreciate any tidbits you can share. :)

Same here. I really am appreciative of all the tidbits shared on this thread. Thanks to everyone!

This really does not sound like Travis to me. It sounds like CMJA. Somewhat strange that it would be in the box where the receipts were kept for the police to find. She had stolen his journals long before that was found.

It does sound like Travis to me. IIRC , juror 13 has some of TA's journal entries on her site you might want to read if you haven't already.

TA was a huge fan of personal development books, ideas, truisms. The note reads that way to me. The other context is that she demanded he send her one, and that demand came along with "asking" him to do other favors for her around the same time, which was very shortly after she was forced into exile.

Travis was not liking that very much, was increasingly expressing anger and impatience with her non-stop crap which he'd had some silly notion would CEASE after he'd finally gotten rid of her.

The note says to me he was giving her the best he could offer to her demand for "sweet." That she MOVE ON. That she leave behind the need she felt to be so nasty and ugly and psycho and fake suicidal and stalky....all of it, and let her "better self" emerge.

IMO the note couldn't be any more Travis and less her.

PS. The note is signed- "Sincerely yours, Travis"

An aside. Book includes a pic of the sliding glass door she peeped in through to spy on Lisa and Travis, and lo.....there it is, the infamous "doggy door" opening Mimi says the killer would slither on in through, and she would have to slither...that opening is small.

What was obvious to jm was that JW didn't remember that her own witness had told flores she had watched those videos with travis on june fourth.

Because jm had the photos of the penises excluded, what was never introduced was that the photos were of 2 different penises, definitely so because there were measurements of each on the photos , and the measurements were different.

Did Juan give any idea who he thought those penises belonged to? I never thought the one they showed on the GIANT TV screen was TA's. The hands holding it looked like Darryls

Does anyone think that all or one of Travis' siblings will write a book and tell about Travis' side, their side, what happened in the judges chambers and evidence we wonder about?

IMO, Tanisha was do upset with the lack of time to talk about Travis on Dr Phil, 'It' still getting attention, that I would not be surprised to see at least Tinisha write a book and tell their side. Never a movie about Travis, just 'It'....never Travis side...until a sibling steps forward.

Sill reading JM book, but so far no big news. Everything appears to have been discussed by WS before, during and after the trial. JM just put it all in order stating the facts.

(I used the word 'IT' as that is how Tanisha refers to the Felon JA)

This makes me want to throw up.

It might also indicate that the shot couldn't have come first. Can you shoot with a gun in one hand and shoot with a camera in the other? We do know she was ambidextrous and she was proud of it, but didn't she at one point back off of the ambidexterity claim by saying it was only for some tasks (maybe the EF interrogation?)? As if to cover for the possibility that she could do both things at once?

Wouldn't there be too much kickback from a gun? Is it even possible to do all that at once? And is that narrative supported by the photo themselves? What is JM's evidence she held the camera that whole time?

I have a Colt 25 auto and believe me you can shoot with one hand easily with very little if any kick back. When I was younger I could pull the slide back easily, as I get older it is harder for me to pull the slide back but I can still shoot with accuracy and it does not kick back. That is why I wanted it. My DH had a 44mag and a 9mm and both were difficult for me to shoot with any accuracy. The guns were heavier and kicked back a lot. The 25 was perfect but long shots were difficult because of the short barrel. It is the perfect personal weapon for a lady. Fits nicely in any purse and it's not too heavy. I have had a concealed carry ever since my husband passed away.

It does sound like Travis to me. IIRC , juror 13 has some of TA's journal entries on her site you might want to read if you haven't already.

TA was a huge fan of personal development books, ideas, truisms. The note reads that way to me. The other context is that she demanded he send her one, and that demand came along with "asking" him to do other favors for her around the same time, which was very shortly after she was forced into exile.

Travis was not liking that very much, was increasingly expressing anger and impatience with her non-stop crap which he'd had some silly notion would CEASE after he'd finally gotten rid of her.

The note says to me he was giving her the best he could offer to her demand for "sweet." That she MOVE ON. That she leave behind the need she felt to be so nasty and ugly and psycho and fake suicidal and stalky....all of it, and let her "better self" emerge.

IMO the note couldn't be any more Travis and less her.

PS. The note is signed- "Sincerely yours, Travis"

The interregnum sentence sounded like Travis to me, but not the "interregnum" word. Until I looked it up. It is a well-worn word in the Mormon belief-system and history. Travis might well well have fashioned this sentence as one of his motivational expressions and then just re-used it on Jodi.

Are you saying the "sincerely" closing had to be Travis, 'cos if Jodi had forged it, it would be "love and kisses"?

That was one of her biggest mistakes. She could have bought 3 gas cans at 3 different hardware stores and no one would have been any the wiser. She could have bought a different gun too, at a gun show where there are no records.

Aren't we all so very thankful she really wasn't that clever?

I still don't get who Ann Campbell was. Why would she be at pre-trial conferences? MDLR's predecessor?

But now I get it why the note in the magazines. JA also told ALV it was computer *advertiser censored*. Was that after MM told JA's attorneys "the wrong thing"? Or did JA compound the eff-up?

"The two magazines -- an issue of Star (ironically with a cover story about Casey Anthony, to whom Arias has been compared) and an issue of Digital Photo Pro -- were intercepted by guards in August 2011 at the Estrella jail in Phoenix. Arias had intended for the two items to be handed over to Ann Campbell, a friend who has been a constant supporter and has visited Arias in jail every week, the prosecutor said."

10ngtqo.jpg

I believe he means he kept this evidence close to the vest for four years before he finally had to turnover the evidence before the trial. It is quite common that a Prosecutor will hold his best evidence until last and only turns it over when the Judge finally states all discovery has to be turned in. Usually that is 30 days before trial starts.

No, he had to turn everything over years before that. And if he hadn't turned it over, he wouldn't have been allowed to use it at trial. I haven't read anything on this thread except this one post and the one you quoted :) but from context my guess is that Juan was saying that he turned over (as required) the raw evidence, but did not disclose his calculations of the gas tank capacity, etc., and his conclusions (which is perfectly fine as it is attorney work product and confidential) until trial.

Could she have 'borrowed' the adult diapers possibly from her grandparents? A lot of older folks use them. The grandparents would not notice a few gone, espicially over a month.

I can sure see her stealing the adult diapers from her grandparents.

It occurs to me that if Jodi was holding the camera and using a weapon at the same time, TA must have been incapacitated somehow and already. If he came after her, she would have dropped the camera, right? She can only do all that if her victim is powerless, no?

I couldn't read much last night, but am through Chapter 6 right now. I'm going slowly and putting the book down for a while so I can stretch out the experience. Thanks to all of you for guiding me ahead.

One amazing part of this entire book is the fact that we finally learn how Juan prepared for the trial and what evidence to stress. He is choosy and only includes material that can push his case to a guilty verdict.

I know that many of us, myself included, watched the trial and wondered why he didn't use certain material or excluded certain witnesses. We all asked why he didn't do this or that when examining certain witnesses. Now we get to understand a little part of Juan's intelligence, experience, and meticulous mind. There was nothing he did (including the camera drop I just read of) that did not have a purpose.

I am in awe of him and expect to be even more impressed as I read on!

No, he had to turn everything over years before that. And if he hadn't turned it over, he wouldn't have been allowed to use it at trial. I haven't read anything on this thread except this one post and the one you quoted :) but from context my guess is that Juan was saying that he turned over (as required) the raw evidence, but did not disclose his calculations of the gas tank capacity, etc., and his conclusions (which is perfectly fine as it is attorney work product and confidential) until trial.

AZL!!!!! Perfect. I'm so glad you're here. A question for you, though I read you haven't read the thread. ;)

Victoria Washington turning over to JM over 400 pages of work product- DT interviews with family and other potential witnesses, inluding Brewer interviews which gave JM evidence of premed....

Any chance that is grounds for ineffective counsel claim? Or is it just a great big tough luck, your mistake and thank you bunches
kinda thing?

The interregnum sentence sounded like Travis to me, but not the "interregnum" word. Until I looked it up. It is a well-worn word in the Mormon belief-system and history. Travis might well well have fashioned this sentence as one of his motivational expressions and then just re-used it on Jodi.

Are you saying the "sincerely" closing had to be Travis, 'cos if Jodi had forged it, it would be "love and kisses"?

Like that, yah. If the killer had written it would have been a note saying- I miss you already, this time apart is going to help us both, though it is very difficult on me, I know you are right that it was the best thing to do spiritually and morally.

I love you, and you're a beautiful person, inside and out. Love always and many sweet kisses, Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member