OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son was 13 in 1999 so I have no idea. I couldn't remember if it was right in front of me.

ILOKAL, what do you think about the mine shafts, did you beLIEve any of what was said that they are in one?
I know LE debunked all that but we are talking about OKLE and there are quite a few who think they are involved. I'm one of 'em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree about the degree of corrupt LE in Oklahoma, but I find that to be the case EVERYWHERE! Don't get me wrong, I respect LE and we have raised our children to do the same, HOWEVER, we have taught them to always say to LE . . . . Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir (we'll sort it out later) . . . . Should they ever be stopped, because many would just as soon shoot you as look at you. They carry the big gun and are more than happy to use it. I had to get that off my chest. But I don't believe LE is involved in any way in this case. Have they and would they cover up shoddy investigation and mistakes they made and continue to make? Absolutely! No doubt about it, but that's pretty SOP for most law enforcement entities, IMO.

There are LOTS of mine shafts in Oklahoma and they are very dangerous because they aren't easy to see. Although I believe bodies have been hidden in mine shafts never to be found, I don't believe that is what happened in this case.

This is a haunting case especially since they have found no signs of the girls after all this time. I think what I found most shocking was the fact that LE missed a body in the aftermath of the fire.

I agree about the degree of corrupt LE in Oklahoma, but I find that to be the case EVERYWHERE! Don't get me wrong, I respect LE and we have raised our children to do the same, HOWEVER, we have taught them to always say to LE . . . . Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir (we'll sort it out later) . . . . Should they ever be stopped, because many would just as soon shoot you as look at you. They carry the big gun and are more than happy to use it. I had to get that off my chest. But I don't believe LE is involved in any way in this case. Have they and would they cover up shoddy investigation and mistakes they made and continue to make? Absolutely! No doubt about it, but that's pretty SOP for most law enforcement entities, IMO.

There are LOTS of mine shafts in Oklahoma and they are very dangerous because they aren't easy to see. Although I believe bodies have been hidden in mine shafts never to be found, I don't believe that is what happened in this case.

Thanks for replying ILOKAL. I understand what your saying about respecting the law and LE. I personally have never had problem with LE and like y'all, respect goes a long way, just like bullets.
It is a shame corruption is everywhere as power and greed are more important to some folks.
I was shocked at the sheer magnitude of the mine shafts in this country. I had no idea as I have been in the Deep South almost all my life.
I do pray one day soon we will have an answer to this case. Lauria's parents as strong as they are need answers.

This is a haunting case especially since they have found no signs of the girls after all this time. I think what I found most shocking was the fact that LE missed a body in the aftermath of the fire.

Utterly astounding about one looked over. They were walking over them.
You know Bootsctr, I have always wondered if the girls were in the burned remains, overlooked due to cremation. I'm no fire expert, and I doubt the home burned hot enough and long enough to totally cremate someone, it's always been in the back of my mind though.

Does anyone know the address or have a link to where the freeman home was located? It's my understanding a new home has been built at the site, a pm will work if you don't feel it should be published. tyvm.

Utterly astounding about one looked over. They were walking over them.
You know Bootsctr, I have always wondered if the girls were in the burned remains, overlooked due to cremation. I'm no fire expert, and I doubt the home burned hot enough and long enough to totally cremate someone, it's always been in the back of my mind though.

Just like the body found, they would have left something. The parents and others combed the ashes really down to the ground looking for that very something. They were satisfied the girls were not there.

Just like the body found, they would have left something. The parents and others combed the ashes really down to the ground looking for that very something. They were satisfied the girls were not there.

I know they were not there. Just a thought my mind will not let go of.

Hi all,
Only photos of victims and suspects can be posted and a link must be provided from an approved source - MSM or LE or other approved sites.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Search of well in Chetopa tied to Oklahoma cold case

http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/local_news/search-of-well-in-chetopa-tied-to-oklahoma-cold-case/article_23fda09f-8d19-5356-857e-756a811d513b.html

Acting on leads regarding the disappearance of two Oklahoma girls 16 years ago, investigators lowered an underwater camera into a 12-foot well Friday in Chetopa and found nothing at the bottom but wet leaves and a rusty bucket.

"We were able to determine there were no (human) remains present in the well," Labette County Sheriff Robert Sims said.

Sims said the district attorney's office in Craig County, Oklahoma, heard that there might be remains at the bottom of the well on vacant property where convicted murderer Charles Krider once lived at 120 N. Seventh St. in Chetopa.

Tulsa World:

Search continues 16 years later for missing Welch girls

---
The Chetopa land once was owned by Charles Christian Krider, 54. It was sold after Krider was convicted of second-degree murder in the 2004 death of Judith Schrum, who was strangled before her body was dumped in a Cherokee County creek.
---
He was reported to be a close friend and co-worker of Danny Freeman and had several head of cattle on the Freeman farm.
---
The well, covered with a concrete slab, is around 10 miles north of the Freeman property on an empty lot about a block from the main thoroughfare in Chetopa.
---

Long-ish article from my hometown newspaper:

Officials search well for remains

---
Lorene Bible of Vinita, Oklahoma, said she received the tip at the end of December about Charles Krider’s former property.

“It took me a little while to go get some investigators. I found out who has legal rights to the property and they gave us permission to go do what we need to do,” she said.

Bible said she and her husband and family have followed up on many, many tips in the last 16 years taking them to sites in four states. Many times law enforcement would say they would check out the tip, but the family would never hear the results of the search.

“I decided I’m done with it. People call me, I find out where I need to go look and I go,” Bible said.

“We call ourselves the Bible Bureau of Investigation,” she said.
---
more at the link above

After pouring over this thread the last 3 days, and reading numerous articles from outside sources. Plus researching a lot of unasked and unanswered questions I made notes on...

The simplest explanation that seems to be overlooked even with all the "oopsies" made by the LE involved in the original investigation to me is...

"Why the girls were taken?"

Imvho because even with the "contaminated evidence" defense already set up... if the evidence ever did point back to the ones I suspect, and the case went to trial...with the girls missing and no bodies found (as several people stated in previous posts and really ask yourselves who would be better at disposing of the bodies?) no jury would ever be able to convict beyond a reasonable shadow of doubt because there would always be the usable defense of "the girls did it and took off"(and ask yourselves after reading the various articles who kept repeating that story)...

Also, the JJ theory?

I don't buy it. Simply because KF's EToD was 5am. JJ was arrested at 3:59am. If you look at the once or twice I've seen the possible scenario of midnight mentioned...Are we saying he was somehow able to kill her, confuse the time of death by 5 hours, and the trailer laced with accelerants took at least 6 hours to become a noticeable inferno?

Whether the bf of AF left at 9:30 or 10:30 as reported by family members that only gave someone at most 2.5 hrs and at least 1.5hrs to have committed the crime, set the fire, and leave with two girls who were either struggling or having to be carried. In this case, it still rules out JJ as his own unamed gf said they were stuck in a cheap motel (I'll have to go back and research that location) with a broken down truck at the time.

Could you refresh me on what JJ stands for please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm glad to see people are still talking about the girls and LE is following up on leads, and that tips are still coming in years later. Hopefully it will put this mystery to rest. Given the original and subsequent LE issues in this case, I think they're doing a good job.

I don't believe JJ had anything to do with this case. He strikes me as someone who would claim to be involved but actually isn't. I think some evidence would've surfaced by now saying he's involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa