Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape?

Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??

• YES

Votes: 115 44.7%
  • NO

Votes: 82 31.9%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters
I think it's important to remember that we aren't privy to what LE heard after NASA and others played with the tape. We've been primed from reading the books as to what is said after Patsy fails to hang up correctly. Based on what is available to us, I don't think anyone can definitively hear what is said during that time frame. To me the most curious thing regarding the hang up is that it couldn't be the phone in the hallway near the kitchen because the receiver would have slammed against the wall if it wasn't hung correctly. It's also notable that Patsy hung up at all -- usually parents stay on the line with 911 until somebody arrives because it is comforting to do so.

Good point, very difficult to hang up a wall phone incorrectly without it falling out of the cradle.

And yes Patsy hung up early. It is evident to me that during the call, when the operator pauses to type, that Patsy is uncomfortable with the silence. My thinking is that she has purposely worked herself in to this hyperventilated state, and that the extended pauses were threatening to take her out of character. By the end of the call she seems to be having a hard time maintaining her panic, so she simply hangs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it has been so long since I listened to the tape I dont recall but I have always wondered why if you really didnt know who the culprit was and wanted this case solved and the guilty party arrested then you would allow the cops to talk to your other child, why else would they refuse to allow Burke to be interviewd unless he could be named a suspect or he saw something he was not suppose to see... just saying

it has been so long since I listened to the tape I dont recall but I have always wondered why if you really didnt know who the culprit was and wanted this case solved and the guilty party arrested then you would allow the cops to talk to your other child, why else would they refuse to allow Burke to be interviewd unless he could be named a suspect or he saw something he was not suppose to see... just saying

I am well aware that people act differently to stressful situations, but John and Patsy's reactions to so many different things in this case make it blatantly obvious that they really never had any intention of finding justice for Jonbenet. They did everything that they possibly could to stifle the investigation, they refused to be interviewed, they lied, they misled, and they hid their entire extended family behind an army of attorneys. I don't know how much more obvious that it could be.

Again, I disagree with you. There is just too much background noise and then on top of that, the noise has been filtered. It could be static, it could be someone on the operators end. I think that there is a good chance that you are right and that burke was likely there, I just can't hear it, and to be frank, I don't think any of you can. I am pretty sure that the Burke section has been removed and would have been during that silent section was. If you listen you will hear Patsy say "Help me Jesus, Help me Jesus, Please help me", then there is about 4 or 5 seconds of blank tape, then just static. I believe the exchange between Burke and Patsy happened during that lapse.

If you're right, and based on what I've heard, you are, that would mean that the pertinent segment was erased. That brings up a few questions:

1) Why was that done?

2) On whose authority?

(As if I didn't know those answers!)

If you're right, and based on what I've heard, you are, that would mean that the pertinent segment was erased. That brings up a few questions:

1) Why was that done?

2) On whose authority?

(As if I didn't know those answers!)

You might be right, but there is also the possibility that the missing section wasn't overly legible. Remember, Patsy is closest to the phone and we can barely make out what she says. So maybe LE publishes the script of what Burke and John said, then makes the tape public with that portion erased. Were the just trying to pressure the Ramsey's in to doing something? Because the did, sort of, when they announced that Burke had been faking sleep. My guess is that the Ramseys were simply putting themselves in a position to defend themselves if it did turn out to be a clear recording of Burke. John could simply say "now that I hear the tape I remember Burke saying something. In all the chaos I forgot". If the tape was simply a LE bluff, then the Ramsey's story has never changed but for that little scamp Burke pretending to be asleep. It becomes a no lose situation.

The reason we've heard no more about could be that the tape was so illegible that it was useless. But the fact that it had drawn a response from the Ramsey side was enough to tell investigators that Burke was there and that the Ramseys were lying all along. Mission accomplished.

I sure would love to hear that complete tape though.

the missing section wasn't overly legible
could be that the tape was so illegible that it was useless

andrew, do you mean to say the tape, or a portion thereof, was not sufficiently audible?

dizzychick, this is a little confusing. Can you please clarify? Did you mean to say you've always wondered why, if you were innocent, you wouldn't allow the cops to talk to your other child? Or (different wording, same meaning) you've always thought that, if you were innocent, you would allow the cops to talk to your other child?

Oh hell, I haven't seen anyone get into the issues of tape and recording technology. I don't know the technical details of police recording, but if multiple tracks are being laid down you can get 'cross talk' between the tracks. This is where the tape head picks-up small signals from the track next to it.

Also if tapes are recycled, there can be a problems with erasing the tracks. Some tape recorders have 'erase heads'. They can malfunction or be misaligned. There's also the possibility that the tape isn't fully erased so if you're looking for very faint sounds on the tape, you can find them and it might be from a previous use of the tape.

I'm not happy with bringing this into the discussion. I'd rather not bring doubt to a gotcha moment.

the missing section wasn't overly legible
could be that the tape was so illegible that it was useless

andrew, do you mean to say the tape, or a portion thereof, was not sufficiently audible?

Part of the tape that was made public has been erased. That is why I laugh when people say they can clearly hear John and Burke. I'm sure the Ramsey's are responsible for not allowing that section to be made public

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a test to see if my messages are posting.
Is anyone still active on this case?

I tried to post a new thread. Attention Jon Benet websleuths, there is a new documentary film being filmed this week in Colorado called Casting Jon Benet. I am honored to be a part of this film and it will ultimately divulge my true identity. The documentary will outline the most popular theories in this case and give the viewer the opportunity to make up their mind who killed JonBenet based on the evidence provided. I may need help answering some questions as I am limited with time to re-evaluate myself with the case. Can someone tell me who commented that Patsy Ramsey used to draw hearts on JonBenet's hand? Also was it proved for a fact that the knife used to cut the rope was indeed Burke's knife that was place in the linen closet by Linda Hoffman Pugh? More questions to come....

Hey Hollywood,

Patsy denied putting the red heart on JB's hand in the 1998 interview. Some have suggested it was a reminder for her to go potty.

My favorite link is "A Candy Rose": http://www.acandyrose.com/s-Flight755-15thStreet.htm

You'll find the transcripts of the interviews there and a lot more facts in the case.

This is a great place to get details for your urban stories.

Please pay attention to the threads you use.

I believe you need to get a moderator to create new threads.

The end of the 911 call is certainly very mysterious, and personally I did think I heard a third voice but can't swear to it because the quality is so poor. However, one thing I've never believed is that Burke slept through everything.

The end of the 911 call is certainly very mysterious, and personally I did think I heard a third voice but can't swear to it because the quality is so poor. However, one thing I've never believed is that Burke slept through everything.

I can't get into "hearing" a 3rd voice on a sound file available on the net. I've never heard this 3rd voice, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

What I can count on is that ST and 3 other detectives (and at least one if not more sound engineers) heard a 3rd voice and independently came up with the voice saying the same thing.

This isn't an interrogation trick because the Ramseys were well represented by top lawyers, had the questions in writing ahead of time, and were counseled before the interrogation. IOWs, it wasn't a trick to provoke an admission, because the Rs were not likely, under those circumstances, to offer up an admission no matter the provocation.

Burke's voice is on the enhanced tape whether anyone on the internet can hear it, thinks they can hear it, thinks it can't be heard, etc. Hearing it, or not, on the net is irrelevant to the reality of BR being on the enhanced tape. He is.

Thanks for the information. I know that Patsy stated in the Chris Wolff interrogation that she did not draw the heart on her hand, however who was it that stated Patsy did this as a term of endearment? Was it the maid? Also was it ever confirmed that the bed sheets were changed, or if they were the same ones that Linda Hoffman Pugh changed the day prior?

Thanks for the information. I know that Patsy stated in the Chris Wolff interrogation that she did not draw the heart on her hand, however who was it that stated Patsy did this as a term of endearment? Was it the maid? Also was it ever confirmed that the bed sheets were changed, or if they were the same ones that Linda Hoffman Pugh changed the day prior?

Haven't seen you in quite a while. I haven't been here myself much lately. The release of the GJ indictments combined with Kolar's book made me finally realize there will never be a public resolution to this case (although it was privately solved years ago).
As for your questions- I believe it was one of the maids that said that PATSY used to draw hearts on JB's hand and would tell her "my heart is in your hands".
As for the bedsheets- when she was shown crime photos, LHP told police that the "Beauty & the Beast" sheets on JB's bed were NOT the ones she put on the bed the last day she was there-which was Dec 23rd, the day of the R Christmas party (which Patsy invited LHP and her daughter to stay for- when LHP said that her daughter wasn't dressed for a party, Patsy lent her one of her own "holiday-style" sweaters to wear. LHP's daughter was older than JB, so JB's clothes would be too small) There is a crime photo of JB's room and the sweater Patsy lent can be seen on one of the beds.
In addition to the sheets having been changed by someone other than LHP, it can be assumed that JB wet the bed the night of the 23rd and/or the 24th, and Patsy likely did it. It can also be noted that police, in discussing the photos of the bed with Patsy, mentioned 2 obvious things- that the bed did not have a blanket on it (JB's usual blanket was the white blanket she was found wrapped in). And that the foot part of the bed was still neatly (for Patsy) made up, indicating no one could have pulled the blanket off the bed and carried JB to the basement in it, as the Rs claimed.
LHP told police that the sheets for JB's bed were washed in the laundry area just outside JB's room, in an apartment-sized washer/dryer, but the white blanket did not fit in that set, and was always washed in a full-size washer/dryer in the basement.
JB wet the bed nearly every night. This makes the following scenario most likely:
On the 23rd, the last day LHP worked at the Rs, she changed JB's bed, putting on clean sheets but laundering the blanket in the basement (where it remained until it was used to wrap JB's body).
Patsy herself put the Beauty & the Beast sheets on the bed, leaving the blanket off- she was busy- with Christmas Eve and Christmas- so rather than take time to go to the basement to get the blanket, she simply made up the bed with no blanket. Creatinine (dried urine) was found on the sheets on JB's bed- so we know she wet the bed before she died. Patsy had instructed LHP to come to the house on the 26th- while they were away- and clean up from the party, and I am sure she figured she'd also make up JB's bed, replacing the blanket when she replaced the sheets with clean ones. This is the most logical explanation for the missing blanket, different sheets, and a very likely theory for how they came to be. Occam's razor.

Haven't seen you in quite a while. I haven't been here myself much lately. The release of the GJ indictments combined with Kolar's book made me finally realize there will never be a public resolution to this case (although it was privately solved years ago).
As for your questions- I believe it was one of the maids that said that PATSY used to draw hearts on JB's hand and would tell her "my heart is in your hands".
As for the bedsheets- when she was shown crime photos, LHP told police that the "Beauty & the Beast" sheets on JB's bed were NOT the ones she put on the bed the last day she was there-which was Dec 23rd, the day of the R Christmas party (which Patsy invited LHP and her daughter to stay for- when LHP said that her daughter wasn't dressed for a party, Patsy lent her one of her own "holiday-style" sweaters to wear. LHP's daughter was older than JB, so JB's clothes would be too small) There is a crime photo of JB's room and the sweater Patsy lent can be seen on one of the beds.
In addition to the sheets having been changed by someone other than LHP, it can be assumed that JB wet the bed the night of the 23rd and/or the 24th, and Patsy likely did it. It can also be noted that police, in discussing the photos of the bed with Patsy, mentioned 2 obvious things- that the bed did not have a blanket on it (JB's usual blanket was the white blanket she was found wrapped in). And that the foot part of the bed was still neatly (for Patsy) made up, indicating no one could have pulled the blanket off the bed and carried JB to the basement in it, as the Rs claimed.
LHP told police that the sheets for JB's bed were washed in the laundry area just outside JB's room, in an apartment-sized washer/dryer, but the white blanket did not fit in that set, and was always washed in a full-size washer/dryer in the basement.
JB wet the bed nearly every night. This makes the following scenario most likely:
On the 23rd, the last day LHP worked at the Rs, she changed JB's bed, putting on clean sheets but laundering the blanket in the basement (where it remained until it was used to wrap JB's body).
Patsy herself put the Beauty & the Beast sheets on the bed, leaving the blanket off- she was busy- with Christmas Eve and Christmas- so rather than take time to go to the basement to get the blanket, she simply made up the bed with no blanket. Creatinine (dried urine) was found on the sheets on JB's bed- so we know she wet the bed before she died. Patsy had instructed LHP to come to the house on the 26th- while they were away- and clean up from the party, and I am sure she figured she'd also make up JB's bed, replacing the blanket when she replaced the sheets with clean ones. This is the most logical explanation for the missing blanket, different sheets, and a very likely theory for how they came to be. Occam's razor.

DeeDee249,
Excellent informative post.

As questioning began, John was asked about an entrepreneurial magazine found in the house in which he's photographed as one of four award winners.

Three of the faces have the word "NO" written across them. A heart is drawn around John's picture. Ramsey says he has never seen this before.

JR: (whistles) That's weird. This was a very nice event and a nice award. But it wasn't a big deal for me. But that is bizarre.

LS: ....Could Patsy, or would JonBenet have written that?

JR: No.

LS:...Well, the reason it has come to our attention. JonBenet - did you ever read or hear anything about her in the autopsy report? That she had a heart on her hand?

JR: I heard that just recently.

LS: And the heart was in red ink? I don't know what that means. You got any thoughts on that?

JR:...She wouldn't have drawn on herself like that.

page37.gif

04-18-2000 Steve Thomas, "JonBenet, Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation"

Page 42:

"A heart was drawn in red ink on the palm of the victim's left hand, she wore a gold ring on her right middle finger, and a gold bracelet was on her wrist. It was a gift from her Aunt Pam, engraved "JonBenet [12-25-96."
heart.jpg

11 THOMAS HANEY: On the 25th,
12 Christmas, when you put JonBenet to bed, did she
13 have any marks on her?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: Not that I noticed.
15 THOMAS HANEY: Any scratches, cuts,
16 bruises?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: Not that I noticed.
18 THOMAS HANEY: How about, did she
19 have any marks from markers or anything like
20 that?
21 PATSY RAMSEY: I didn't notice
22 anything that night when she went to bed. And,
23 you know, I know there was a red heart on her
24 hand or her forehead. I don't know when that --
25 I mean, you know, I didn't -- I didn't inspect
1 her when I put her to bed.
2 THOMAS HANEY: But when you put her
3 to bed, let's talk about that. We will go into
4 a little more detail later, because we have some
5 photographs and we want to talk about that. You
6 were -- at least changed part of her clothing
7 when she is asleep?
8 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-hum, right.
9 THOMAS HANEY: Doesn't --
10 (INAUDIBLE). Did you notice anything?
11 PATSY RAMSEY: (No response.)
12 THOMAS HANEY: Would she have
13 washed her hands at a particular time?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: Well, at dinner, she
15 rarely washed her hands.
16 THOMAS HANEY: Would she, or
17 perhaps she had been eating crab and you have
18 that slimy stuff all over?
19 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah, I think she is
20 going to wash her hands. But I didn't see her.
21 I don't know.
22 THOMAS HANEY: Getting her ready
23 that early afternoon, four or five o'clock, did
24 you give her a bath, did she take a bath?
25 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't think so.
Her forehead, what is that all about? Note also Patsy is saying here JonBenet went to bed, i.e. was not placed into bed.

BlueCrab's observation that the heart shape was simply the remnant of a contusion is interesting, particularly if we have no validated forensic analysis?

I remember the heart from the painting and the descriptions. I never looked closely at the shape. My mind focused on how it looked faded like it was on her hand for a day. Now that I look at the shape, it's more of a red Pac-Man. It has an eye. If it was a heart, it looks like it was drawn by a child.

It's strange how reading about it planted the shape in my mind so when I looked at it, I didn't actually see it.

--just an observation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back