Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

Let me see if I can phrase this properly.

It is assumed by many people locally that since LE in both cities quit issuing statements about trying to find the family, and have instead gone quiet, that they did indeed find relatives and are waiting for results.

I agree with you. They were going thru boxes of school records, so they probably did find the names. It's only been 2 months, so we have a wait still if they did do DNA. I'm not seeing anything new in NamUs to see if she's been added. They most likely would leave it offline for public view

Possible with the SC kids, though I don't think so. Extremely unlikely with a poor Puerto Rican family in Jamaica Plain.

Possible with the SC kids, though I don't think so. Extremely unlikely with a poor Puerto Rican family in Jamaica Plain.

I agree. LE has been doing everything possible to give her her name back starting with her feature on Crime Watch Daily 10/05/2015. I will be shocked if they don't announce identified this year. I hope that when they do; they announce they have her killer too

Woodlawn Jane Doe was featured on Crime Watch Daily this afternoon. There are 2 parts to the video and it was very interesting.

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2015/10/05/unsolved-woodlawn-maryland-jane-doe-1976/

i am hopeful the silence means they are on to something too!

i always worry that when a case like this starts to get traction and then things go silent, the lead won't pan out and by the time the public gets word via LE/MSM all the momentum will be gone and the thread will sit dormant again. here's hoping that is no the case for this UID.

I just spoke with Det Cronin, who works in the Jamaica Plain area, and is privy to the investigation into WJD. He says that he located the family of the Puerto Rican girl who attended the elementary school in Jamaica Plain, and he says that she is not WJD. He also said that none of the yearbook photos from JPHS and Rosingdale HS have not panned out either.

He still believes that the girl is from Jamaica Plain, but they have no viable leads to her identity yet. He says he will be meeting soon with Detective Jacoby, who will be retiring next month.

I thought of another possible scenario along the lines of transnational subversion. Perhaps instead of being snatched at the rally the Peronista was already in custody and made to point out other guerillas in the crowd. It's happened before (in South America), and would explain why they would have brought her to the US. Would also explain the tranquilizer in her system and the hood. Also, the Mignone family lived in Washington D.C. in the 1970s and if it were Monica (or someone like her) she would have had contacts there (and potential targets).

So the pollen could have come from NYC. There was a lot of extrajudicial anticommunist activity there at the time.

The FBI was investigating suspected subversive safe houses in Manhattan. Montonero banker David Graiver was making his last deals in the city before disappearing in a suspicious plane crash.

And there was a massive anti-Pinochet rally at Madison Square Garden on the third anniversary of the Chilean coup. Joan Baez was apparently there. So was Orlando Letelier, the leading dissident. DINA agents were already stalking him and he would be assassinated in Washington, DC, just ten days later.

This rally was, I believe, the day before this girl's body was found! It would have been nothing for her to hop a train from Massachussetts, where the other evidence points; Grand Central Station was right next door. As I said I think was spotted at the rally and maybe snatched on the way home by some guys in a van.

She had a little guest house key and I've always wondered if the JP tattoo stood for Juventud Peronista. Maybe she was a courier for their banker in NYC.

I think it's really striking that this pollen evidence, and the timeline of events, could place her so close to all these other extraterritorial assassinations.

This was 10 September 1976, two days before this strange girl turns up dead.

Letelier's speech, for context:
https://www.tni.org/en/article/transcript-orlando-leteliers-speech-felt-forum

Honestly, who tattoos their neighborhood's initials on their arm? Seems a stretch.

I just spoke with Det Cronin, who works in the Jamaica Plain area, and is privy to the investigation into WJD. He says that he located the family of the Puerto Rican girl who attended the elementary school in Jamaica Plain, and he says that she is not WJD. He also said that none of the yearbook photos from JPHS and Rosingdale HS have not panned out either.

He still believes that the girl is from Jamaica Plain, but they have no viable leads to her identity yet. He says he will be meeting soon with Detective Jacoby, who will be retiring next month.

I was really hoping that this lead would pan out. This beautiful girl deserves to have her name back. I hope she is identified soon.

JP is part of Boston, so she could have gone to any number of schools and not just JP or Roslindale High.

That seemed to be a good lead...dang it! :( Everything seemed to add up...WJD could've been South American, the girl was in Jamaica Plain...

Well, I guess we just need to keep working on it. I'm still curious about the possible hospital aspect. Would they keep any sort of record this long, or be able to share such records with LE and/or detectives? The psychiatric drug in her system used to subdue her could definitely have been taken from a hospital. And psychiatric wards, some of them (not all), have less than kosher histories. I've read a fair amount of stories of heavily drugged patients, particularly women, being assaulted. Of course, most psychiatric wards do not do this, I'm sure, but they are very easy places for predators to find victims.

So, I know this is a little farfetched but The Adams-Narvine Asylum in Jamaica Plain closed in 1976, pretty sure I read it was the summer 1976. There is a mental hospital called Spring Grove about 5 miles from where she was found. What if someone who worked at the Adams-Nervine Asylum took a job at the Spring Grive hospital and they took her along with them. She was committed so perhaps noone would miss her. Could explain the drugs found in her system.

I think I may watch way too much ID TV.....

I'm wondering if it's more likely that whomever murdered her also kidnapped and drugged her. They may have been able to procure the meds from their job (?) at a mental health facility. There certainly were a lot of them in the Boston area in the 70s, much more than there are now.

I'm wondering if it's more likely that whomever murdered her also kidnapped and drugged her. They may have been able to procure the meds from their job (?) at a mental health facility. There certainly were a lot of them in the Boston area in the 70s, much more than there are now.

Three things suggest a healthcare institution: the tranquilizer, the threadcount of the sheets, and I think her wrists were bound with bandages.

But do they associate the victim to a hospital or the assailant? I would say the latter is the one who's deranged. And how does the seed bag fit in?

Seed grass bags can be purchased at a nursery or feed store. I asked up thread if anyone knew if the arboretum would have need of grass seed. Does anyone know if any leads were pursued to the arboretum? The soft boots & necklace screamed hippie or hangers-on of a local liberal arts college. Mostly because I knew a young woman who hung out with the philosophy majors at my undergrad school, but didn't attend. She dressed just like the UID.

Most likely she hung out in the Arboretum and dressed like most teens in the 70s. Not sure that will get us very far otherwise. :thinking:

While I do not know the size of the arboretum, grass seed is bought in bulk like that & used by landscapers or homeowners with a large enough yard & who would care to re-seed a lawn, therefore looking at workers at the arboretum or a nursery or a feed store might have helped. As to the clothing, it might give an indication of her associates' style/cultural habits. I see everything, no matter how insignificant, as a clue.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back