SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
rofl! The before and after cartoons of having dogs was great! Looks like he used our cars for the after pic. And the charger cord being chewed? That is the ONLY thing our last pup chewed, the charger for my (at the time) new iPad! grrr :beagle: :heartluv:

He is so sweet, coffee! I like his blanket, too!

Morning! :wave:

Today in February:
23 International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day

DogBiscuit.png

23 Tennis Day

Tennis.jpg

Spellbound said:
NinerNiner, I cannot tell you how much it made my night to know your Huz is dong so well after these fluid drains. Before you know it, he will be back to cooking, cleaning, chauffeuring ....... uhh, on second thought, don't get your hopes up too highl He may be enjoying your efforts too much. :loveyou:

Well - he can have the cooking back - that's for sure! :lol:

GigiG said:
This sounds like great news!

Good for him that he can breathe better and walk on his own...

Please let him know that we're all cheering for him!

He knows! :happydance:

Hey franquerolane! :wave: I was going to reply to you on the other thread about Sunday post deliveries! Since I "see" you here - I've never received a Sunday delivery before! I'm glad Amazon put a "rush" on my Juan book! :skip:

Okay... it looks like no one is here again... :( guess you're all over at Juan's book thread? Will check it out!

Later! :seeya:

5 fn Facts About Yorkies

Small. Fluffy. Adorable.

Oh, but there is so much more to know about the Yorkshire Terrier! We checked in with the American Kennel Club to find out five fun facts about this tiny breed with a big personality. Here's what they told us:

Fact 1: Loyalty is No. 1 With This Breed

German Shepherds are loyal, we know, and Labs and Golden Retrievers, sure but Yorkies? In fact, Yorkshire Terriers are known for their incredible loyalty to their owners, preferring to stay close by their owner's side at all times.

Fact 2: They Ran With the Rats!

Yorkshire Terriers were actually originally used for a not-so-glamorous purpose catching rats in clothing mills in the nineteenth century.

Fact 3: A Yorkie Was a War Hero

Smoky the Yorkshire Terrier was quite the hero during World War II. The little fluff ball helped save the lives of soldiers during the war by carrying communications wires through an underground tunnel.

Fact 4: They Didn't Become Yorkshire Terriers Until 1870

The Yorkie made its debut in England in 1861 as a "broken-haired Scotch Terrier." It wasn't until 1870, when a reporter stated, "they ought no longer to be called Scotch Terriers, but Yorkshire Terriers, for having been so improved here," that the name Yorkshire Terrier actually stuck.

Fact 5: Their Grouping Doesn't Become Their Personality

Don't be fooled because the Yorkie is part of the Toy Group this breed is by nature very brave, determined and energetic. They have big personalities and make great family pets.

Hi, SB'ers. :)

Posting this here in case anyone goes looking around for me in the next few days.

My DH is on the ballot this primary election (WOOT!!) to be a pledged delegate for (censored), so if (censored) wins the presidential primary here in (censored) he'll get to go to the (censored) Party's National Convention in (censored) to help elect (censored) Party's nominee for president!

And I'll get to go too! And our son will too!!!

So, though truthfully I'm reached the point in my senility where I don't especially feel like getting way deep involved in a political campaign (I would SO much rather be sleuthing), off I need to go for the sake of the nation .....(lol) or .....for the sake of loving my DH.

See y'all soon as I can decently slip back into sleuthing.....;)

Looks like a big storm is heading our way tomorrow. I better make sure I have all the groceries I will need for a few days. grrr .... winter is finally hitting us with a bang! I hope we are on the low end, not 11 inches.

http://www.weather.gov/media/dtx/briefing/DTX_Briefing.pdf

Oh my!! Snow is pretty to look at however the wind and cold along with it makes for tough going. I am shivering thinking about it while I drink my iced coffee lol. I am constantly amazed at the "toughness" of citizens like Spellbound in states that are affected by tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes.

I am a wimp in the Mid Atlantic...

5 fn Facts About Yorkies

Small. Fluffy. Adorable.

Oh, but there is so much more to know about the Yorkshire Terrier! We checked in with the American Kennel Club to find out five fun facts about this tiny breed with a big personality. Here's what they told us:

German Shepherds are loyal, we know, and Labs and Golden Retrievers, sure but Yorkies? In fact, Yorkshire Terriers are known for their incredible loyalty to their owners, preferring to stay close by their owner's side at all times.

Yorkshire Terriers were actually originally used for a not-so-glamorous purpose catching rats in clothing mills in the nineteenth century.

Smoky the Yorkshire Terrier was quite the hero during World War II. The little fluff ball helped save the lives of soldiers during the war by carrying communications wires through an underground tunnel.

The Yorkie made its debut in England in 1861 as a "broken-haired Scotch Terrier." It wasn't until 1870, when a reporter stated, "they ought no longer to be called Scotch Terriers, but Yorkshire Terriers, for having been so improved here," that the name Yorkshire Terrier actually stuck.

Don't be fooled because the Yorkie is part of the Toy Group this breed is by nature very brave, determined and energetic. They have big personalities and make great family pets.

CJ, I saw an episode of "The Dog Whisperer" once where the Yorkie was dominate over GSDs in this person's home. Size doesn't matter does it lol. There was also an episode where the Cockatiel was dominate over the dogs! So size really doesn't matter!

The nice thing about small dogs is that they are portable and most hotels accept them without a question. I love that you can put them in a carrier and put them under the seat on an airplane too. Mine are 94 and 108 pounds respectively and apparently are not welcome at most hotels that have a weight limit. I never understood that either,

Bella, the Manchester Terrier rescue, is "unstable" in dog terms and weighs 38 lbs. my GSDs are very wary of her as she can turn in an instant. She gets along well with Chayton, but Zuri not so much. One day I was taking them in the car with me and Zuri went up front in the passenger seat (normally Bella does) and Chayton and Bella were in the back.

As I am driving Chayton climbs into the front passenger seat with Zuri as he didn't want to be in the back seat with Bella. I couldn't see anything with 2 huge dogs in one seat and the seatbelt alarm kept going off. I reseated them once I stopped, but what a sight! All because of a 38 lb. dog lol.

Posting this here in case anyone goes looking around for me in the next few days.

My DH is on the ballot this primary election (WOOT!!) to be a pledged delegate for (censored), so if (censored) wins the presidential primary here in (censored) he'll get to go to the (censored) Party's National Convention in (censored) to help elect (censored) Party's nominee for president!

So, though truthfully I'm reached the point in my senility where I don't especially feel like getting way deep involved in a political campaign (I would SO much rather be sleuthing), off I need to go for the sake of the nation .....(lol) or .....for the sake of loving my DH.

Goodness, you are much braver than me. Anything to do with politics and I keep my mouth shut! I don't think any in my family have ever agreed on anything to do with politics. Hope you will enjoy wherever this takes you, H4M. And I loved your censorship! Good work there.

Oh my!! Snow is pretty to look at however the wind and cold along with it makes for tough going. I am shivering thinking about it while I drink my iced coffee lol. I am constantly amazed at the "toughness" of citizens like Spellbound in states that are affected by tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes.

I am a wimp in the Mid Atlantic...

Ah, we all adjust to what we have I guess. I am becoming more of a wimp every year, though.

Zuri, your Manchester terrier (had to look that one up) seems a lot like our rat terrier. Very similar in shape and size. Is yours a barker? Our girl definitely lets us know of there is a moving body anywhere near. argh! The only thing she has not come the boss of is our house cats. They still rule.

It does seem all our little dogs think they are Giants.

Wow. Sounds exciting. Good luck to him and his party.

5 fn Facts About Yorkies

Small. Fluffy. Adorable.

With all the talk of Yorkies, I just had to dig up the picture of our "Skippy". He is going on about 9 years old now but still very playful. We really love the breed and they do make great companions. He is part of our family now. :)

Attachments

• Dog 5.gif
    Dog 5.gif
    46.7 KB · Views: 12
You have a real cutie there, Hatfield!

Nore, I think we will miss the worst of the storm. Starting out with rain Wednesday, turning to a mix and then mayb some snow. Hopefully no more than four or five inches. I do hope it keeps moving away and we get lucky once more. I am in no mood, nor shape, to be shoveling!

It hurt a little bit at the exact moment.. *ouch* then no big deal. I put a teeny tiny bandaid on it overnight and there was just a smidgen of blood. All is good and now it doesn't bother me!

Since everybody knows that skin tags are not a medical problem, (old age problem lol) more of a concern visually and comfort issue.

I didn't have an issue doing it myself. And yes I did say ouch when I did it but it was no big deal... Matter fact I had to do it twice because the first time I did not do it close enough to the skin.

Signed ...Seinfeld moment lol

So long as we don't hear of anybody removing a tooth by tying it to a bread toaster and throwing the toaster off the top rail of the stairs. LOL

I saw that on some Movie or TV show I was watching a few weeks ago. LOL

You have a real cutie there, Hatfield!

Nore, I think we will miss the worst of the storm. Starting out with rain Wednesday, turning to a mix and then mayb some snow. Hopefully no more than four or five inches. I do hope it keeps moving away and we get lucky once more. I am in no mood, nor shape, to be shoveling!

Thanks Spellbound. I was amazed how the traits listed really are accurate. Ours thinks he is bigger than he is. LOL

They love to jump and run. Ours used to be fearless about jumping off the top edge of the couch onto the floor. Since he is older now we don't let him jump that far down because he had hurt his leg once before from jumping from too far up.

I never thought I would get so attached to a smaller dog. It just goes to show that all dogs and cats no matter how big or small are great companions for us. They are all unique in their own way.

Looks like a big storm is heading our way tomorrow. I better make sure I have all the groceries I will need for a few days. grrr .... winter is finally hitting us with a bang! I hope we are on the low end, not 11 inches.

http://www.weather.gov/media/dtx/briefing/DTX_Briefing.pdf

---------
I checked. Rain 100% tomorrow changing to snow. Not predicting a lot for us but with the lake close we never know.
I am upset! I want to go to cemetery. The date my Son died. I will go! not freezing cold, already bought flowers for
all 3. I wanted to go Sat. but Amy was "busy" (wasn't) LOL..so I go tomorrow!! Stubborn!! gotta good one! wwhen
I was coming out of (no breathing at hospital I wanted a erasable board motioned nurse, my niece said I wrote a lot
of junk they couldn't read. Then I wrote "can I have a cookie" ? Nurse said " you have a tube down your nose, a tube down your throat, you're on ventilator ~ a cookie will have to wait. I dont remember any of it!!:laughing:

---------
I checked. Rain 100% tomorrow changing to snow. Not predicting a lot for us but with the lake close we never know.
I am upset! I want to go to cemetery. The date my Son died. I will go! not freezing cold, already bought flowers for
all 3. I wanted to go Sat. but Amy was "busy" (wasn't) LOL..so I go tomorrow!! Stubborn!! gotta good one! wwhen
I was coming out of (no breathing at hospital I wanted a erasable board motioned nurse, my niece said I wrote a lot
of junk they couldn't read. Then I wrote "can I have a cookie" ? Nurse said " you have a tube down your nose, a tube down your throat, you're on ventilator ~ a cookie will have to wait. I dont remember any of it!!:laughing:

:floorlaugh:
That is a really funny story. I bet the hospital staff got quite a kick out of that.

You should be all right tomorrow, Nore. Hopefully you are able to make your visit before the worst of the weather decides it wants to poke around. Wrapping you in a soft hug for the day. Your story of your hospital demands give me a giggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire