GUILTY NY - Maddox Lawrence, 21 mos, Syracuse, 20 February 2016

From what i understand of criminal cases a perpetrator is usually advised by their lawyer to enter a "Not Guilty" plea at arraignment so they can prepare for Trial. Unless there is a plea deal in which case they would plead Guilty for the plea deal to be accepted, so the Not Guilty plea is usually standard procedure pre Trial hearing.

Let's get real here....whether he was a working parent or a stay-at-home parent...his 'job' did not make him a murderer.

There are plenty of great stay at home parents and plenty of great working parents in the world. This guy was neither.

OMG! He was JEALOUS of the attention his 21 month old daughter, who had beat cancer was getting??? Are you effin' kidding me?

I need to breathe.

Some of the evil in this world is simply unexplainable. This seems to be one of those cases.

:gaah: People run families how it works for the family, and they're all different. I don't think being a stay at home dad made him, or will make anyone, a murderer. There are days I'd like to go back to work because I made more money than my husband and because I'm tired, and it wouldn't make him less of a man to stay home with our daughter if that were to happen. It won't happen because I truly love staying home when I'm honest with myself, but it wouldn't make me less of a mother or woman either. My husband also doesn't "babysit." He parents because that's what he is-- someone just as responsible for parenting as I am.
This man was clearly a child and a monster, not a man, but I find these gross generalizations offensive. I get that we see horrid things on here, but I think it's our responsibility to stay grounded and sane in spite of it. Just MOO.

THANK YOU. The generalizations about stay-at-home fathers just because of this case are really disgusting TBH. We don't even have the full picture of the family's situation, and we're already judging thousands of other people who don't abuse their children. I get that this news is really upsetting, but we should be a lot better than that. We should have level heads.

I've been following this thread quietly, and I had to sit down when I saw what RL did to his little girl and why. The narcissism took the breath from me.

Snipped:
I would be shocked if he had entered a guilty plea. It just doesn't happen IME.

Not trying to derail the thread, but I even searched Websleuths Lingo and I know what IMO (In My Opinion) means, but I've seen other people also write IME instead of IMO - what does it stand for?? In My Estimation???

in my experience
Oh, thanks, that makes more sense than "in my estimation", lol!! I just couldn't figure it out because I'm so used to seeing IMO. Thank you!

What a (profanity laced rant)! What in the world did he think he was going to accomplish?! Did he think that after this was done, he would get the attention back from his wife? Like she was just going to say "Gee who cares about Maddox, I've forgotten her already!"

You will never get positive attention from ANYONE EVER AGAIN. YOU MURDERED YOUR TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER YOU MONSTER. [emoji35]

:gaah: People run families how it works for the family, and they're all different. I don't think being a stay at home dad made him, or will make anyone, a murderer. There are days I'd like to go back to work because I made more money than my husband and because I'm tired, and it wouldn't make him less of a man to stay home with our daughter if that were to happen. It won't happen because I truly love staying home when I'm honest with myself, but it wouldn't make me less of a mother or woman either. My husband also doesn't "babysit." He parents because that's what he is-- someone just as responsible for parenting as I am.
This man was clearly a child and a monster, not a man, but I find these gross generalizations offensive. I get that we see horrid things on here, but I think it's our responsibility to stay grounded and sane in spite of it. Just MOO.
Could not agree more!!!!!

My hubby was a stay at home dad for 5 years and he did a wonderful job. He and our sons have a wonderful bond.

This monster was a narcissist who didn't want his wife to pay attention to any one but him. Bet he was quite manipulative and distanced her from friends and family as well. This was my gut feeling from the get go. What a sick sick being. I don't see him getting any slack in his trial. I hope the other prisoners are made well aware of what he has done.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Could not agree more!!!!!

My hubby was a stay at home dad for 5 years and he did a wonderful job. He and our sons have a wonderful bond.

This monster was a narcissist who didn't want his wife to pay attention to any one but him. Bet he was quite manipulative and distanced her from friends and family as well. This was my gut feeling from the get go. What a sick sick being. I don't see him getting any slack in his trial. I hope the other prisoners are made well aware of what he has done.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Most definitely what he did to his baby girl is no reflection on other stay at home dads that take care of their children and do a great job of that. What he did is clearly a sick and depraved act committed on a defenseless innocent child and he will face the consequences of his actions in court hopefully.
My line of thinking was that hypothetically the situation in this case could of been that he was unable to find employment and because of the fact his wife was working and supporting them it could have also been a contributing factor among other things of why he murdered his child.

Most definitely what he did to his baby girl is no reflection on other stay at home dads that take care of their children and do a great job of that. What he did is clearly a sick and depraved act committed on a defenseless innocent child and he will face the consequences of his actions in court hopefully.
My line of thinking was that hypothetically the situation in this case could of been that he was unable to find employment and because of the fact his wife was working and supporting them it could have also been a contributing factor among other things of why he murdered his child.
I get what you're saying there-- entirely. I've seen what being laid off in a bad economy did to my husband's psyche for a while there. To make a broad generalization of my own, things like that do seem to affect men differently than women. They're "supposed" to be providers. Definitely not something that would set an otherwise normal human being off in this direction, but I'm always interested in motives too.

I get what you're saying there-- entirely. I've seen what being laid off in a bad economy did to my husband's psyche for a while there. To make a broad generalization of my own, things like that do seem to affect men differently than women. They're "supposed" to be providers. Definitely not something that would set an otherwise normal human being off in this direction, but I'm always interested in motives too.
I understand what you are saying but I also think there is something more to this. I would think most parents myself included would harm themselves before they harmed their child. He does not seem to even attempted to harm himself rather it looks like with the disguise and camping gear etc he was planning on walking away and beginning a new life.

I understand what you are saying but I also think there is something more to this. I would think most parents myself included would harm themselves before they harmed their child. He does not seem to even attempted to harm himself rather it looks like with the disguise and camping gear etc he was planning on walking away and beginning a new life.

Couldn't handle the huge responsibility of being a parent so in his mind he got rid of the problem?

Hi All - I usually try to avoid these cases regarding little angels because I have a 16 month old that I cherish and I would be completely ruined if anything ever happened to her - all I have to say is that this case made me cry, just the thought of what poor Maddox had to endure her first year of life with cancer and treatments, only to be taken out by someone who is supposed to be her protector, her DADDY (he isn't a daddy in my eyes) - makes me sick, I hope he suffers for eternity for this!!

Couldn't handle the huge responsibility of being a parent so in his mind he got rid of the problem?

I think you're right and this is getting closer to whatever made him do this. I think he couldn't handle the load. This does NOT mean that he had any heavier load than many others (including WSers) handle, but instead of reacting to difficulties in life by becoming stronger, he became weaker and preyed on a child. I think whatever broke him was a long-standing problem, not sudden.

There are missing pieces that we don't know, imo.

I blame him 100% for his actions, but I would like to know what lead to them.

JMOpinion at the moment.

Why not just run away and start a new life somewhere, if he was sick of being a father? Why kill Maddox? It sounds like he wanted to punish the mother, for some reason.

Or I still think he may have had a mental breakdown... Either that or there was some infidelity or something going on behind the scenes. The reported motive doesn't make sense, imo.

I am reading backwards, so just learning the manner Maddox was killed! It seems these child killers are not just murderers lately, but monsters!

Did I miss it on how he killed her before he burned her and put her in the creek? Each thing is horrendous, but combined they are ... No words.

This monster does not deserve a plea deal. He has admitted he did it, so a trial is costly and dragging the poor mother thru he77! The judge will have the final word on how much time he spends in prison, Right?

If he lets it go to trial, he is the fool. There isn't a jury that can find one thing about
Maddox's death that points to anyone else but her father.

Or drugs. Could he have been taking drugs?

I was wondering if there could be drug addiction or alcoholism. Extreme narcissism and immaturity are common traits among addicts/alcoholics. The brain stops maturing at the point the addiction starts, which is often the young teen years.

Certainly not rational behavior, sounds like there is more behind it than "just pure evil".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back