Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Symbah. I just think DH (or his defence) must know that whatever they have is weak and that without a confession they won't get far.
But anyway, his past convictions should not be considered in this case, although obviously they will colour the view of us onlookers.

The forensics have been woeful on this case.
I would say they are double and triple testing theories, forensics and all the bits and pieces.

Other possibilities are:
1. he is too scared to talk because he has been told to keep silent as there is some threat to people he cares about.

Hmm, maybe threats against his children?

2. he knows there is no compelling evidence (this would be especially true if he is not guilty) and knows that the prosecution cannot possibly bring a case against him as long as he says nothing.

I don't particularly believe one thing or another about DH and I try to keep an open mind about his guilt or involvement, but one thing I do know for sure is that this case is beyond peculiar, especially as it now seems everyone, defence and prosecution, are doing their best to delay.
My guess is that this is intentional because DH and Karlie were just the tiny tip of a very big iceberg and delays help with the info gathering.
Sad to say it, but I don't think the death of a mother and her child are the biggest concern of the investigating teams at the moment.

That's what I've been thinking, too, there is something much bigger at play here and those poor two souls are only the tip of the iceberg :(

Wish we knew if it actually was DH who was painfully wailing through the speaker system into the courtroom last Nov when he was supposed to appear via video link re being charged with Karlie's murder. In the end, he didn't even end up appearing. Well, thats baffling & I wonder what could be going on behind the scenes in jail?

At the time, there were lots of links about this, but now I can only find Dan Box's (from The Australian) original tweets from within the courtroom on that day.

He won't talk ... he won't cooperate ... but he may just wail. How odd?

http://tweettunnel.com/reverse3.php...54144&st=696533280309383169&id=407208334&pn=6
Dan Box @DanBox10 · [video=twitter;664594458315476993]https://twitter.com/DanBox10/statuses/664594458315476993[/video]
Magistrate trying to find source of a painful wail echoing through the court's speaker system. "It could be from this jail" sheriff says.

That's what I've been thinking, too, there is something much bigger at play here and those poor two souls are only the tip of the iceberg :(

I'm with you Freddo. I can't see this as an isolated individual act. I have to applaud DH / DM (whoever) for sticking to his 'silence'. He is obviously (Imo) advised that this is his best track, however, he I am pretty sure he would be copping some major interrogation - so one can't help but wonder.

his family?

himself - he may be easily accessible

Just simply he thinks he can beat it - maybe (I know this is against all ) he knows he is not guilty, but cannot incur the wrath of those who are ...

Please don't hang me .. I'm just chuck in' some thoughts out there ..

I'm with you Freddo. I can't see this as an isolated individual act. I have to applaud DH / DM (whoever) for sticking to his 'silence'. He is obviously (Imo) advised that this is his best track, however, he I am pretty sure he would be copping some major interrogation - so one can't help but wonder.

his family?

himself - he may be easily accessible

Just simply he thinks he can beat it - maybe (I know this is against all ) he knows he is not guilty, but cannot incur the wrath of those who are ...

Please don't hang me .. I'm just chuck in' some thoughts out there ..

Just simply thinks he can beat it ... maybe, especially if he has narcissistic traits. I don't know, I've just got a gut feeling he's well practised at not talking or cooperating when in the thick of it & that its an ability he's perfected over a long, long time.

Anyway Warshawski, I don't think anyone here would want to hang you, I personally enjoy reading you're posts & value you're input here :)

Just wondering if anyone knows or has read DH having lived in Mildura or the Adelaide Hills around '95-'97??

Just wondering if anyone knows or has read DH having lived in Mildura or the Adelaide Hills around '95-'97??

I haven't heard that he did, Dinky.
Doesn't mean he didn't. of course.

A tad irresponsible with all the predators at large

Just noticed Oona, there appears to be a little blonde haired child in the background of this photo of Hazel. It seems strange to me that she would put a photo up of herself with a child in the background on such a meeting site & I'm wondering when this photo was taken?

Just noticed Oona, there appears to be a little blonde haired child in the background of this photo of Hazel. It seems strange to me that she would put a photo up of herself with a child in the background on such a meeting site & I'm wondering when this photo was taken?

I agree, it would be great to know when this photo was taken. I noticed the little child too. The photo was from a google image search. Is "meet me" a dating website?

Had the opportunity to drop in at Belanglo on the weekend. Went to Karlies spot. Nothing there to remember what had happened. Weird.
I am going to go again with one of my aerial pics as I was close but couldn't be sure. Maybe 20-30 meters off or exactly on close but no banana.
Lots of piles of sticks from forensic work. Clearing the area. No photos .. didn't feel right`
I need to be sure so I will be going again. Just might leave something this time. I wasn't prepared for my surprise detour but will be next time.

Basically its as far in that way without needing a four wheel drive. Starts to get a bit rougher.

It gives her location as Adelaide, SA.
I would assume the photo/profile was created post accident but before everything unfolded in Wynarka.

Do you think so Oona ? I must admit that when I first viewed that pic, I was aware of what I guessed to be a little girl of around 3 years of age in the background.
And Hazel looks quite young and fresh. I am convinced it was taken way prior to the 2008 accident.
Given that dreadful accident cost (then) 33 year old Hazel, her 9 year old daughter (and her 7 year old son) .. I can't begin to imagine either pain.
However, I do feel that this pic was taken maybe around 2002 / 2003.

Perhaps a fresh start.

Perhaps led to DH coming on the scene? Just my thoughts..

Do you think so Oona ? I must admit that when I first viewed that pic, I was aware of what I guessed to be a little girl of around 3 years of age in the background.
And Hazel looks quite young and fresh. I am convinced it was taken way prior to the 2008 accident.
Given that dreadful accident cost (then) 33 year old Hazel, her 9 year old daughter (and her 7 year old son) .. I can't begin to imagine either pain.
However, I do feel that this pic was taken maybe around 2002 / 2003.

Perhaps a fresh start.

Perhaps led to DH coming on the scene? Just my thoughts..

It says on the pic that she is 33 so it is 2008, and I would think it was before the accident for several reasons.
Firstly, the accident happened in Sept and after that she was in rehab until about March 2009.
Secondly, she wasn't single in the latter part of 2008 but in a relationship with DH/DM.
Thirdly, I don't think the blond child in the background is Khandalyce as she is to big and I don't think it is Hazel's youngest either - might not even be a child, hard to tell.

She does look pretty though. It's so very sad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419