Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that Cheryl used a knife to inflict her injuries to two fingers.

Suicide, in my opinion, is not on the table.
To me, if her presence of mind was to leave evidence, she would make the attacker bleed to leave that blood evidence behind... I also still can't wrap my mind around suiciding yourself into a culvert....or medicating yourself and wobbling 1/2 mile to the culvert on a well traveled street with no witnesses.

To me, if her presence of mind was to leave evidence, she would make the attacker bleed to leave that blood evidence behind... I also still can't wrap my mind around suiciding yourself into a culvert....or medicating yourself and wobbling 1/2 mile to the culvert on a well traveled street with no witnesses.

You are assuming that Cheryl had an opportunity to draw blood from the person who interfered with her life on Monday, Feb. 8. I don't see that as a typical option for someone whose life is about to involuntarily end.

Suicide strikes me as absurd and the theory was started in response to the "self-inflicted wounds to two fingers". How someone goes from two self-inflicted finger wounds in a possible abduction / murder to suicide is beyond me, especially given that the alleged suicide was in a road-culvert / drainage-ditch.

Is there anyone alive who can say that if suicide is the decision, an under-road culvert that also serves as a drainage ditch should be my last memory?

I guess you didn't pick up on my tone that I was agreeing with you

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but I read somewhere about there being self-inflicted cuts on her fingers?? Is this coming from LE? I don't understand how you could possibly determine that unless there is a knife/razorblade in the car with only her prints on it (?)
It could be that she had cut her fingers on a piece of paper when searching for her badge, a sharp piece of metal underneath a car seat, or she could have cut her fingers before leaving home, for example on a vegetable peeler or a broken glass.

It could be that she had cut her fingers on a piece of paper when searching for her badge, a sharp piece of metal underneath a car seat, or she could have cut her fingers before leaving home, for example on a vegetable peeler or a broken glass.

She forgot her badge at home, and knew this within minutes of leaving her home. It doesn't make sense that she then got out of her car to search under the passenger seat of the car for a badge that she had already reported as "left at home". How could she have cut her hand looking for her badge when she knew it wasn't in the car?

Immediately after she reported that she left her badge at home, her phone was powered-down. Powering-down her phone under those circumstances, where she is in text with her carpool friend, makes no sense, suggesting that the phone was involuntary powered-down.

You are assuming that Cheryl had an opportunity to draw blood from the person who interfered with her life on Monday, Feb. 8. I don't see that as a typical option for someone whose life is about to involuntarily end.

Suicide strikes me as absurd and the theory was started in response to the "self-inflicted wounds to two fingers". How someone goes from two self-inflicted finger wounds in a possible abduction / murder to suicide is beyond me, especially given that the alleged suicide was in a road-culvert / drainage-ditch.

Is there anyone alive who can say that if suicide is the decision, an under-road culvert that also serves as a drainage ditch should be my last memory?

Jmo suicide remains a possibility until LE declares that her death IS a homicide, which they have yet to do, instead saying they are not ruling out other scenarios (besides homicide). Not just because of the cuts. Jmo

She forgot her badge at home, and knew this within minutes of leaving her home. It doesn't make sense that she then got out of her car to search under the passenger seat of the car for a badge that she had already reported as "left at home". How could she have cut her hand looking for her badge when she knew it wasn't in the car?
Unless she had deliberately left her badge at home, she either had to remember not having it with her while driving, or discover that it wasn't in her bag while doing a final check that she had everything with her before leaving her parked car. If she remembered while driving it would make more sense making an U-turn back home after the badge and call her friend from home to tell she was going to be late, as the drive was a very short one. If she discovered her badge when checking her handbag, well, the bag could have fallen over during the drive and it could explain her checking under the car seat, or it could have been something sharp in her handbag that cut her fingers. If the cuts on her fingers were self-inflected in the car, that could have happen before sending the text to her friend. We don't know AFAIK on what fingers/hand the cuts were, that doesn't necessarily had to hinder her texting.

I read that was to help cover travel expenses for relatives to come help. Possibly helped offset missed work. Excess funds were to be donated to Fred Hutch, according to the FB page.

I don't know for sure but I don't think Dockins was meaning the Deboer family.

Apparently it is the DeBoers anniversary. On the official FB page, recent article comments, MD just wished Cheryl a happy one & said they would be together again someday. [emoji22]

Apparently it is the DeBoers anniversary. On the official FB page, recent article comments, MD just wished Cheryl a happy one & said they would be together again someday. [emoji22]

I was wondering if there were some significant events or markers either before she went missing or after she was found.
Valentine's day and anniversary are two now that are known.

Sad that they aren't together to celebrate their anniversary. Same with Valentine's Day, the day she was found.
Heartbreaking.

If she was targeted, would someone have known that her anniversary was coming up?

If she committed suicide, she did it a week before Valentine's Day and a couple of weeks or so before her anniversary.

IMOO.

Jmo suicide remains a possibility until LE declares that her death IS a homicide, which they have yet to do, instead saying they are not ruling out other scenarios (besides homicide). Not just because of the cuts. Jmo

If the suicide theory did not arise from information about self-inflicted cuts on two of Cheryl's fingers, where did it come from?

If the suicide theory did arise from two self-inflicted wounds on Cheryl's fingers, how do take the leap from self-inflicted injuries to two fingers to suicide?

If the suicide theory did not arise from information about self-inflicted cuts on two of Cheryl's fingers, where did it come from?

If the suicide theory did arise from two self-inflicted wounds on Cheryl's fingers, how do take the leap from self-inflicted injuries to two fingers to suicide?
For me, suicide was a possibility after I found out her husband was cleared. The coincidences of the morning were too many, in my opinion, to have this be a random attack. If MD didn't plan it, there was really only one other person in the house.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For me, it's not about the cuts, is about having a convenient "excuse" to not ride to work with her friend, and then her phone being turned off.

For me, suicide was a possibility after I found out her husband was cleared. The coincidences of the morning were too many, in my opinion, to have this be a random attack. If MD didn't plan it, there was really only one other person in the house.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The husband is excluded, and there was no third party at their home when they left for work that morning.

Logically speaking, are you saying that because Cheryl drove a different vehicle from the norm, discovered that she didn't have her badge moments after she left home, texted her friend about retrieving the badge, and then her phone was powered-down, a suicide theory is supported?

For me, it's not about the cuts, is about having a convenient "excuse" to not ride to work with her friend, and then her phone being turned off.

Is the scenario that Cheryl deliberately left her badge at home, left her carpool friends in limbo regarding whether she would join them by powering down her phone mid-discussion, walked 1.5 miles to a busy road interchange, crawled into a drainage ditch, and killed herself?

I have sort of thought suicide from the beginning. . :-( Mostly because it can always be a factor and even when people seem A-OK on the outside. . Often we don't know what is going on inside their heads. For some reason Leanne Bearden kept coming to mind. Whether it is suicide or a homicide my heart breaks for Cheryl and her family. .

I have sort of thought suicide from the beginning. . :-( Mostly because it can always be a factor and even when people seem A-OK on the outside. . Often we don't know what is going on inside their heads. For some reason Leanne Bearden kept coming to mind. Whether it is suicide or a homicide my heart breaks for Cheryl and her family. .

Leanne Beardon was known to have emotional problems prior to her suicide. Cheryl was not known to have emotional problems prior to her death. That's a significant difference.

Is the scenario that Cheryl deliberately left her badge at home, left her carpool friends in limbo regarding whether she would join them by powering down her phone mid-discussion, walked 1.5 miles to a busy road interchange, crawled into a drainage ditch, and killed herself?

If it was suicide, I don't think anyone can make any sense of it. During a particularly terrible time in my life, I had my suicide all planned out and it involved going into the woods in my back yard and freezing to death. I was NOT thinking clearly. If someone felt worthless enough, I think a culvert would be as likely place as any to do it.

I can't make her being killed in broad daylight and dropped off in a culvert stick any more than the suicide theory. Both seem out there, but due to the nonsensical thought processes involved with suicide, it's a viable scenario to me.

Leanne Beardon was known to have emotional problems prior to her suicide. Cheryl was not known to have emotional problems prior to her death. That's a significant difference.
Leanne's emotional problems were not made public until after she was found .. also her manner of death made suicide quite obvious. . We don't know if Cheryl had obvious emotional issues. . Or even if she may have suffered silently. . ( I'm not saying she DID just saying she COULD) It is not always so obvious that someone is suffering extreme emotional distress..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt.late