2016.02.26 Mark D. Sievers: Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to bounce off yours because I have been trying to decide if I believe those accounts of a run through backyards.

The thought occurred to me that if MS had indeed attempted to evade and elude police as they attempted to take him into custody, the prosecutor would almost certainly have mentioned it as yet another reason he should not get bail. One attempt to flee authorities would be used to suggest another is possible. But I don't recall reading that the prosecutors mentioned any attempt to flee in his hearing. That makes me tend to agree with your analysis that SWAT was probably there to secure all possible avenues of escape as a precautionary measure.

Yes...he had plenty of time to flee. He didn't because in his walnut sized mastermind he believes he can pull of a "reasonable doubt" defense. I'm absolutely positive he just sat there and made a little mess in his pants as they slapped the cuffs on.

Yes...he had plenty of time to flee. He didn't because in his walnut sized mastermind he believes he can pull of a "reasonable doubt" defense. I'm absolutely positive he just sat there and made a little mess in his pants as they slapped the cuffs on.

:eek:ddsmiley: lol, your post made me giggle. Out loud. DH asked from next room whatsofunnyinthere?

I don't think I have read where MS was ever in jail prior to this..........wondering how he likes the accommodations and food...not that I give a hoot....hoping he is downright miserable.

Just to bounce off yours because I have been trying to decide if I believe those accounts of a run through backyards.

The thought occurred to me that if MS had indeed attempted to evade and elude police as they attempted to take him into custody, the prosecutor would almost certainly have mentioned it as yet another reason he should not get bail. One attempt to flee authorities would be used to suggest another is possible. But I don't recall reading that the prosecutors mentioned any attempt to flee in his hearing. That makes me tend to agree with your analysis that SWAT was probably there to secure all possible avenues of escape as a precautionary measure.

Yes, that absolutely would be something you'd think the ADA would have wanted brought out at the bail hearing.

And besides that, if MS was "in the neighbor's back yard", then why would he not have been dragged stun gunned and hog-tied out of that neighbor's back yard instead of brought unruffled, and handcuffed but haughty looking out of the front door of the house?

Perhaps this is just "the rumor that will not die".

I'm not convinced this allegation is true. I know that neighbors have reported that and the media has reported what the neighbors have told them, but until we hear that directly from LE it needs to be considered a rumor.

What I do believe wholeheartedly is that either SWAT team members and/or local LE entered the yard of every house adjacent to the Sievers' property PRIOR to moving in for the arrest. Considering they called in the SWAT team I have no doubt they secured every avenue where MS could possibly escape should he choose to run. Especially considering they knew there were children present. That would seem to be to be SOP for something like this.

If I've missed something by LE confirming he did indeed run and was recovered in a neighbor's yard, please advise and provide a link. It's entirely possible that I missed that, if it exists.

Feel free to delete this, but I was told from someone very reliable that he was taken without issue from his own home when LE knocked on the door.

I don't think I have read where MS was ever in jail prior to this..........wondering how he likes the accommodations and food...not that I give a hoot....hoping he is downright miserable.

The food, the schedule, the confinement. Losing all sense of freedom. I have never been locked up but I can imagine panic attacks.

If the law changed this week, what protocol will be used for this case? Will it be whatever was in effect at time of arrest? Time of charges filed? Or at time of sentencing?

My uneducated guess would be time of sentencing. From reading the article it sounds like they may have to go back and revisit all the prior sentences waiting on death row. Bondi disagrees, but we'll see. Interesting article, thanks cp

Any idea's as to why the 3-28th arraignment was cancelled and then rescheduled again for the very same day? I looked up the judges calendar for March 28th, and he does have an arraignment scheduled. It just doesn't give the name of anyone.

Judge Ramiro Manalich
8:30 AM | Arraignments Lee Justice Ctr: Courtroom - 7-B (7th Floor)

http://www.ca.cjis20.org/schedules/docketopt.asp?judgeID=5
Register of Actions
Case No. 16-CF-014894

State of Florida vs Sievers, Mark D

OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
02/26/2016 - In Custody

02/27/2016- Record of First Appearance and Booking Report Filed

02/27/2016- LE Warrant Returned Served and Filed

02/27/2016- Pretrial Disclosure Regarding App for Indigent Status Filed

02/27/2016- Certificate of Compliance/FCIC/NCIC Requirement Filed
03/04/2016- Order of Reassignment Filed

03/28/2016- CANCELED Arraignment (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Manalich, Ramiro)
Case Re-Assigned

03/28/2016- Arraignment (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Manalich, Ramiro)

http://freesearch.leeclerk.org/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=252673772

I'm curious to hear "daddy dearest's" plea.

Any idea's as to why the 3-28th arraignment was cancelled and then rescheduled again for the very same day? I looked up the judges calendar for March 28th, and he does have an arraignment scheduled. It just doesn't give the name of anyone.

Judge Ramiro Manalich

Register of Actions
Case No. 16-CF-014894

02/26/2016 - In Custody

Case Re-Assigned

JR has the same date/time/judge on his case like MS. Interesting......

JR has the same date/time/judge on his case like MS. Interesting......

Really? Wow that should be interesting! Now let's just hope that JR's doesn't take MS's "standing space" before the judge. That really tends to pi$$ off Mark :giggle:

Is it possible they both may agreeing to enter a guilty plea? To save time for the court system they are arraigning them together, since it's for the very same crime?

ETA ~
It that even legal :confused: Judge trying to kill two very ugly birds with one stone?

Judge Ramiro Manalich

Register of Actions
Case No. 16-CF-014894

02/26/2016 - In Custody

Case Re-Assigned

With the money found in the safes $116k plus what is this Indigent ​status stuff?

The food, the schedule, the confinement. Losing all sense of freedom. I have never been locked up but I can imagine panic attacks.

Thankfully, I have never been locked up either. Speaking of, there is a new show called "60 Days In" that started tonight. It's a documentary featuring 7 participants that are placed in the Clark County Jail in Indiana. The other inmates and officers do NOT know these people are participants, they think they are real prisoners. The Sheriff set up the program to try and figure out where all the corruption is (new Sheriff in town).

If this is what Lee County Jail is like, MS is in for a rude awakening! As for CWW and JRR, this isn't their first prison rodeo.

:jail:

"Daddy Dearest" <<<Love that! :loveyou:

I think he's going to plead "not guilty" because he still thinks he is NOT responsible in any way, shape or form. He's a narcissist psychopath that doesn't admit any wrong doing and points the fingers at everyone else but himself.

Not to mention, he's going to want the "15 minutes of fame" the trial will give him. He doesn't care what effect a trial could have on his daughters.

I would be really surprised if that plead guilty.

:behindbar

With the money found in the safes $116k plus what is this Indigent &#8203;status stuff?

I though it was a matter of time and MS would ask for a court appointed layer because he had no money.

Is there anyway to find in public records, if the money or house was seized by IRS? I figured mom may have taken money out of house, silver, gold, pictures, girls clothing, but may be not the money?!

Has Florida ever tried two or more peole at the same time? That does not sound like a good idea IMO...in this case I do not trust MS at all....he rates with FJA and FCA. I guess we wait and see.

I though it was a matter of time and MS would ask for a court appointed layer because he had no money.

Is there anyway to find in public records, if the money or house was seized by IRS? I figured mom may have taken money out of house, silver, gold, pictures, girls clothing, but may be not the money?!

Has Florida ever tried two or more peole at the same time? That does not sound like a good idea IMO...in this case I do not trust MS at all....he rates with FJA and FCA. I guess we wait and see.

For the IRS to "seize the house" they would have to go through court procedures just like any other debtor who is forclosing on a past due debt - such as a mortgage holder. Since the house is still in the name of MS, it means the IRS did not "seize it".

As far as the cash that was inside the various safes on the day LE conducted their search, LE did not seize the cash that day because they had no basis to do so. However, I would think that MS would have moved that cash to some other location pretty darn quickly after that. Because he does have an IRS lien and because now it was known - at among Lee County Sheriff's Office - that he was sitting an amount of cash large enough to cover that lien.

Where could/would he have moved the cash to? Well, I think one might want to leave it with someone they really, really trust. So let's guess a family member.

Or, I suppose he could have buried it somewhere - who knows?
---------------------
In Pennsylvania there have been cases of two defendants tried together. For murder. Don't know about Florida.
---------------------

In reviewing photos of MS house, once again came across the photo of all those syringes. LE lists having "removed drug paraphernalia" so I am going to guess that since no occupant of that house was known to be a diabetic, those syringes would be considered to be drug paraphernalia.

I am not very knowledgeable about street drugs and how people take them. What drug would require syringes for injection AND would possibly make a man desirous and capable of having sex two times per day? Does meth do this? What about human growth hormones? Steroids?

Anyone who can enlighten me? (I won't ask how you know!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member