Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think although it sucks they cannot show their faces it is what it is and does not necessarily mean anything sinister. William is huge in the media and I don't think it's affecting the case too much. Of course everyone wants to know but the only thing missing really is the parents faces. They have been in the media and pleaded their case. Daniel Morcombe was not a foster child so if course it's a different situation. I've not been following the case but just wondering if Tialeigh the girl from Qld was a foster child? Have her parents been in the media? Just interested to hear if anyone knows as a comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, her biological mother spoke out here.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r/news-story/9408de0082a26674410619f23c4d5fb3

There was the suggestion that maybe WTs sister was a possible intended target, so her safefty and privacy could be paramount.

I don't necessarily believe the planned abduction thing. Don't know if I believe the alternatives either!

It has to be one of two things -

1. a planned abduction

2. a lucky chance type abduction

I don't watch tv yet even I know about Bill Spedding. This tells me Something. I know about Spedding because someone (Jubelin?) WANTS me to know about Spedding.

The fact we know more about Spedding than we do Williams parents = Significant.

Yes her biological mother has spoken, but again her carers are not permitted as per this mention of William in an article about Tialeigh

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/lif...y/news-story/2b730650eb869b1ab11a3bb7d75dae7d

Meanwhile, like the parents in the case of missing NSW toddler William Tyrrell, there are legal restrictions that prevent key people being identified. In Tia’s case, the restrictions kept Tia’s foster parents from speaking publicly about her disappearance.
Foster Care Queensland executive director Bryan Smith says Tia’s foster parents have had their hands tied by the Child Protection Act. “As parents, you and I, if we were getting really, really worried about our kids being missing, we could contact a newspaper, we could put them on Facebook, on YouTube, all kinds of things,” he says. “Foster and kinship carers will never do that because it’s simply not allowed without the director-general’s permission. It’s two years’ imprisonment for breaking the Act. *Carers are told very clearly that their hands are tied and to essentially sit on them and wait. It’s absolutely heart-wrenching. These kids are family members.”

I don't know what to think anymore, if it were my child it's highly I'd likely be sitting in a cell right now....

Found this article in the Kendall Public School Newsletter ('Bush Telegraph') from November 2014 (online if you want to go searching for it):

"Supporting the search for William Tyrell" (sic)

"Strike Force Roseanne is continuing the investigation in the disappearance of William Tyrell (sic). Investigators will be at the Kendall Tennis Courts this Sunday 16th November between 10am and 2pm. Local community members are asked to call in and identify their vehicle so that vehicles in the local area on the morning of Friday 12th September can be eliminated from the search inquiries. Local community support of this process would be greatly appreciated."

His parents – snowy-haired Bruce and grief-stricken Denise - became his loudest champions, and his most effective advocates.

Who could look into Denise Morcombe’s haunted eyes and not be moved?

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/n...ver-hear-the-truth-about-william-tyrell-22122

Off topic I just wanted to say Daniel's killer had his appeal rejected by the high court yesterday and I am so pleased this monster will remain behind bars indefinitely. I have so much respect and admiration for his parents.

I just want to add I don't know if it is fair for us to speculate wildly about why William's parents etc can't speak out when we don't know the reasons for the gag order. If it is to ensure the safety of William's sister then it is understandable. I know the case is incredibly frustrating but as none of William's family biological or foster are believed to be involved in his disappearance they deserve our sympathies and compassion during a hellish time in their lives.

Do we even know there is still a "gag order" in place?

BBM.

Then the director general needs to get his act together!

And of course, this begs the question, why haven't the BP spoken out, if they are allowed to as per Tiahleigh. The only one has been Natalie Collins, and only just recently.

Yes her biological mother has spoken, but again her carers are not permitted as per this mention of William in an article about Tialeigh

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/lif...y/news-story/2b730650eb869b1ab11a3bb7d75dae7d

Meanwhile, like the parents in the case of missing NSW toddler William Tyrrell, there are legal restrictions that prevent key people being identified. In Tia’s case, the restrictions kept Tia’s foster parents from speaking publicly about her disappearance.
Foster Care Queensland executive director Bryan Smith says Tia’s foster parents have had their hands tied by the Child Protection Act. “As parents, you and I, if we were getting really, really worried about our kids being missing, we could contact a newspaper, we could put them on Facebook, on YouTube, all kinds of things,” he says. “Foster and kinship carers will never do that because it’s simply not allowed without the director-general’s permission. It’s two years’ imprisonment for breaking the Act. *Carers are told very clearly that their hands are tied and to essentially sit on them and wait. It’s absolutely heart-wrenching. These kids are family members.”

Do we even know there is still a "gag order" in place?

I don't know about a gag order, but I looked at the NSW Child Protection Act. There may be more ... I'll keep looking through it when I have time.

BBM

CHILDREN AND YOUNG PERSONS (CARE AND PROTECTION) ACT 1998 - SECT 149I

Refusal to disclose information concerning placement
149I Refusal to disclose information concerning placement

(1) Despite section 149C, a designated agency must refuse to disclose information concerning placement under this Division, or must impose conditions on the disclosure, if it believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure of the information would adversely affect the safety, welfare or well-being of:
(a) the child or young person concerned, or
(b) an authorised carer of that child or young person, or
(c) any member of the family or household of the authorised carer of that child or young person.

(2) If a designated agency decides to refuse to disclose information concerning placement under this Division, it must give written notification of the decision:
(a) to the parents of the child or young person, and
(b) to any other person who is significant to the child or young person and who has made a written request for the information.

(3) For the purposes of deciding whether or not to refuse to disclose information concerning placement, or to disclose such information subject to conditions, the designated agency must have regard to:
(a) the wishes of the child or young person concerned, and
(b) any guidelines prepared by the Children’s Guardian (as referred to in section 149D (b)).

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/caypapa1998442/s149i.html

But the parents did speak. We heard their voices.

Yes a year later. I feel their pain. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't appeal to the public. I followed the Kiesha Abrahams Wieppart case very closely and even those parents, as vile as they were, made a pathetic attempt to appeal to the public, knowing it was the thing to do. Now these people are being forced not to speak out causing people to speculate about them. To me, that is nearly as cruel as having their child snatched from them. Not much has more appeal to a guilty conscience than a grieving parent.

After looking at the Child Protection Act, I truly think the privacy is due to William's sister. For her protection. They probably could speak (though perhaps not legally) if they gave her up.
What a choice.

I don't know what to think anymore, if it were my child it's highly I'd likely be sitting in a cell right now....

Exactly. I would not care what the courts said. I would be in every bodies face. Imagine the outcry if a devastated parent of an abducted child was imprisoned. Or if their other foster child was taken from them. These parents should be saying F@*k that. I want my child back and I will do anything I can.

Exactly. I would not care what the courts said. I would be in every bodies face. Imagine the outcry if a devastated parent of an abducted child was imprisoned. Or if their other foster child was taken from them. These parents should be saying F@*k that. I want my child back and I will do anything I can.

I understand everyone's frustration, and also certainly agree there is a huge difference between the 'campaign for Daniel' and the awareness in William's case.

However, as we are very aware, the family situation is quite different. And to be fair the bio family IMO have been involved in trying to keep awareness alive, altho it all seems to be on their own with no credence whatsoever given to them by the POL or media, which I guess is in accordance with the requirement for non-identifiable information. .. how frustrated must they be!

I am also most curious re William's home situation, parents, foster or otherwise ..

On analysis though I realise this is just simply that - curiosity, basic human nature to want to hear it all and be in the know.

And I also realised that much as information,visuals etc of the FF, may satisfy my 'curiosity', it really would do nothing to help find William.

In fact it may cause complications, hindrances and other problems, particularly when there is another child in the family who also needs her anonymity.

There is usually a very sound reason why children are in the Care of other than their biological family. So as much as the rulings of no identification & almost total silence are frustrating, and seem on face value to be ridiculous, I think perhaps it is a much safer ruling than an open slather on availability of information about them, where FF may find themselves and their children to be targets in any & all number of scenarios.

The information that will help find William is (IMO):

*first and for most, an absolute clear recollection and recount to police of the mornings events and sightings from everyone in the area of William's disappearance - everyone needs to put on record what they saw that morning, even if they saw nothing that seemed unusual, but in the context it may provide an important link.

Search your memory and write it down - when you think you have covered everything, hand it in to the local cop shop (with your contact details included in case there is need for follow up)

*those in that general demographic who may have friends (or enemies), family or associates whose behaviour or whereabouts on that was not aligned with what you expected or was outside of the usual - no matter what their excuse was, no matter how scared you r someone may be, you need to speak to some one please. Next time it might be you, or some one you really care about.

*everyone of course needs to keep their eyes and ears open, and report anything that causes you to wonder, to be quizzical even if you don't know why.

All just my opinion, I just pray everyday for his safety. And I thank the Lord & implore his blessing on those who helped with identification and safety of the little mystery girl who was brought to our attention this week.

I understand everyone's frustration, and also certainly agree there is a huge difference between the 'campaign for Daniel' and the awareness in William's case.

However, as we are very aware, the family situation is quite different. And to be fair the bio family IMO have been involved in trying to keep awareness alive, altho it all seems to be on their own with no credence whatsoever given to them by the POL or media, which I guess is in accordance with the requirement for non-identifiable information. .. how frustrated must they be!

I am also most curious re William's home situation, parents, foster or otherwise ..

On analysis though I realise this is just simply that - curiosity, basic human nature to want to hear it all and be in the know.

And I also realised that much as information,visuals etc of the FF, may satisfy my 'curiosity', it really would do nothing to help find William.

In fact it may cause complications, hindrances and other problems, particularly when there is another child in the family who also needs her anonymity.

There is usually a very sound reason why children are in the Care of other than their biological family. So as much as the rulings of no identification & almost total silence are frustrating, and seem on face value to be ridiculous, I think perhaps it is a much safer ruling than an open slather on availability of information about them, where FF may find themselves and their children to be targets in any & all number of scenarios.

The information that will help find William is (IMO):

*first and for most, an absolute clear recollection and recount to police of the mornings events and sightings from everyone in the area of William's disappearance - everyone needs to put on record what they saw that morning, even if they saw nothing that seemed unusual, but in the context it may provide an important link.

Search your memory and write it down - when you think you have covered everything, hand it in to the local cop shop (with your contact details included in case there is need for follow up)

*those in that general demographic who may have friends (or enemies), family or associates whose behaviour or whereabouts on that was not aligned with what you expected or was outside of the usual - no matter what their excuse was, no matter how scared you r someone may be, you need to speak to some one please. Next time it might be you, or some one you really care about.

*everyone of course needs to keep their eyes and ears open, and report anything that causes you to wonder, to be quizzical even if you don't know why.

All just my opinion, I just pray everyday for his safety. And I thank the Lord & implore his blessing on those who helped with identification and safety of the little mystery girl who was brought to our attention this week.

Great post. I 100% agree with everything you have said.

Good points. I'd say William's parents are not breaking the law and speaking up in case they lose the sister.

What if some other crime had been committed to William and /or his sister in the past? What if there had been a previous (e.g abduction or scare/ or threat or intimidation) even if it was to the bio or FF/

Would that constitute red tape, and do you think this may have even possibly happened before?

The mind boggles.

All IMO:thinking:

What if some other crime had been committed to William and /or his sister in the past? What if there had been a previous (e.g abduction or scare/ or threat or intimidation) even if it was to the bio or FF/

Would that constitute red tape, and do you think this may have even possibly happened before?

The mind boggles.

All IMO:thinking:
Sort of along those lines, I was thinking it's possible that William had a different set of foster parents before the current ones. He may have been removed from that situation and placed in another home.

Sort of along those lines, I was thinking it's possible that William had a different set of foster parents before the current ones. He may have been removed from that situation and placed in another home.
That's a very good thought. I've never considered that. And being that William was in foster care, we would never be told this. Food for thought.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members