GUILTY TX - Kelli Cox, 20, Denton, 15 July 1997 - *SK William Lewis Reece*

Former Denton PD detective Bobby Lozano murdered his wife and is now in prison, was he on the force then?

Yes, Lozano was on the department at that time. He was a ladies man and had no problems picking up ladies, his marriage didn't even slow him down. He was "the" guy that could walk into any bar or nightclub and walk out with any woman he wanted, but I'm not sure he fit the profile for this. Some have theorized that an officer could be involved and that could be the case, but even when this occurred the days of "protecting" fellow officers was gone. Lozano's case was an example of this, Denton PD suspected he was involved from the start but just couldn't prove it to the satisfaction of the DA.

I live in Dallas and this case has haunted me since she disappeared. I completely agree that it had to be an officer for several reasons. First and foremost she was a senior in collage studying about this very thing, having grown up in Texas and being a mother myself, I don't beleive she would have gotten in a car no matter how hot it was and if I am recalling correctly, that was a very hot summer. Second, if the police officer who was charged later with killing his wife WAS on duty and was known for being a lady's man I think the LE should go back and look at him several more times. Honestly, I don't remember any type of media reports suggesting they looked at him, but it was a long time ago. I had dreams of this case for over a year, I am NOT a psychic nor clairvoyant however I had a dream of being chased through a wooded area and being shot in the side and recall seeing her tattoo on my hand before I knew she had one. I am not some loony or I would have called the police and told them of my dreams. It was always the same dream. I hope that eventually they catch a break so that her family (her daughter) especially can finally have some closure.

Cox was last seen on July 15, 1997. The 20-year-old University of North Texas student had stopped at a gas station in Denton, across the street from the police station near downtown, to make a call on a pay phone.

There were leads and tips, day after day, month after month, year after year, but Bynum has yet to find any answers. “All along, through the years my plea has been [that] I know someone knows something,” she said.

That “someone,” Bynum now wonders, could be William Reece. On Wednesday, Reece, a convicted kidnapper and suspect in multiple missing women cases, showed investigators in southeast Houston where to dig.

Still in handcuffs, Reece could be seen standing with investigators as two excavators dug more than six feet into the ground. Officials went to the private property based on tips given by Reece. In this case, police say they’re searching for missing 17-year-old, but believe other bodies could be in the area too.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/03/03/...ovide-answers-in-a-19-year-old-disappearance/

If William Reece is responsible then that would mean it was a random abduction. I wonder what they suspect happened that day and what evidence they have that makes him a person of interest. I'm happy to see movement on this case.

another news article: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...veal-fate-of-unt-student-missing-since-97.ece

Last month, William Reece [currently serving 60 years for kidnapping a woman] suggested to authorities that Kelli’s remains, along with those of a missing teen from Galveston, are buried in a horse pasture on Houston’s southeast side.

Excavations are under way. Police won’t say what they’re looking for, but the Houston Chronicle reported March 4 that Reece was “spotted pacing the pasture, seeming to direct where backhoes and bulldozers should plow.”

The Chronicle said Reece was moved in shackles last month from his state prison cell to a holding facility in Galveston County for interviews with investigators.

Online records of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, which normally identify the prison unit where an inmate is housed, list no location for Reece, saying he is on “temporary release.”

Just read this article and came here to post it! Glad it's already posted. Hope they can get closure for Kelli and Jessica.

From the link, explaining why she couldn't make the call from the police station:

The jail tour ended around noon. Afterward, when she went to unlock her car, the spare key didn’t work. It had worked when she tested it earlier, but now she was locked out of her car, with all of her things inside. Kelli walked back into the police station to call her boyfriend for help. But it was a toll call — he lived in Farmers Branch — and she was told toll calls couldn’t be made from the police phones. Instead, she was directed to the pay phone at a Conoco gas station.

A Convicted Kidnapper and Rapist Could Hold the Key to a Farmers Branch Family's Anguish

Bones found by authorities searching Houston field for remains of missing UNT student

Bones were found Friday in a field in southeast Houston where authorities have been searching for the remains of two girls who went missing in 1997, a Houston television station reports.

William Reece, who is serving a 60-year sentence for the kidnapping of another woman, has been linked to the cases of 20-year-old University of North Texas student Kelli Cox and 17-year-old Jessica Cain of Galveston.

“It was like, ‘Oh my goodness, there is validity to these locations maybe.' Maybe that means the location where they’ll search for Kelli has true validity to it,” Bynum said.

The new search location is roughly 30 miles away from the spot investigators found remains on Friday.

“If she’s gone, if Kelli’s gone, I want to know. Then I don’t have to worry about her anymore, because then at least I’ll know she’s in God’s arms,” Bynum said.

Denton police would not confirm details regarding the search in the Houston area Wednesday. However, they did say Reece has been a person of interest in the Cox case since very early in the investigation.

He was a suspect in Jessica's case since very early in that investigation as well. I am very surprised that they couldn't find the evidence to charge him before. So very glad he is behind bars and talking.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/search-continues-for-woman-missing-since-1997/110807496

On Wednesday, the pursuit for answers continued as law enforcement agencies -- led by the Texas Rangers -- searched for human remains in a Brazoria County field.

We’re told this dig is all about Kelli Cox, a Denton woman who disappeared back in 1997, the same year several other young women vanished including two from the Houston area.

Authorities say they are excavating a strip of land off Highway 288 South, approximately 700 yards long. It’s a dig that Cox’s family hopes will provide answers long overdue.

Finally! I am so relieved her family can get some resolution. I can't believe he took her all the way to Houston. Poor girl.

WFAA-TV
3 mins ·
"The Denton Police Department cannot say definitively that the remains recovered are Kelli Cox; however, we are hopeful that they are," police said in a statement. Cox went missing in 1997, and her family has been looking for answers ever since.

2d0707e696e1d6cfbe69e154e2516c14.jpg

TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Love Texas Equusearch!!! They accept donations, too :loveyou:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads