TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really thinking after getting that last tiny bit of info, that the daughters DNA was put into a private system ( like ancestry), that it was a blood relative that was found, and the original person missing was never recorded into the system by police due to her age or crappy police work. Not unusual for the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just weird that Velling seemed so focused on the Pacific NW. Maybe she travelled via there from PA to TX but that's kind of a round about way to go.

The Tracy Ann Byrd option looks interesting though. Wonder whether her mother's killer's sentence was 402 months?...

Wow...just getting caught up! I hadn't thought of that!

I just checked and here is an article about her mother's killer. He was to be sentenced in 1986 and I saw somewhere (Can't remember where) LEK was using a different identity since 1986. AND...to top that off...

Greenwald was to be sentenced in New Castle Superior Court yesterday and faced up to 30 years in prison.

http://articles.philly.com/1986-03-22/news/26082763_1_prison-cell-manslaughter-toxicology-tests

And I know the age is off and with the pregnancy it might seem more unlikely, but what if she would have stored her own eggs to use at a later date? From my understanding with the right meds it's a possibility....for some (probably irrational reason) I just have always gone back to Susan!

Is it possible that she was a paranoid schizophrenic and paranoia is what caused her to try to disappear? Maybe someone being after her was all in her head.

I don't under the not letting her in laws hold the baby thing. She seems like she was a very mentally ill woman who had a psychotic break after her husband left her.

Is it possible that she was a paranoid schizophrenic and paranoia is what caused her to try to disappear? Maybe someone being after her was all in her head.

I don't under the not letting her in laws hold the baby thing. She seems like she was a very mentally ill woman who had a psychotic break after her husband left her.

It's absolutely possible we discussed this in great detail throughout this whole thread!!! I would say yes 100% that mental illness played into this.

Did she smoke? Studies show a extremely high correlation with schizophrenia and smoking. A Ned student told me that the correlation is so strong that if the patient is diagnosed with it, but not a smoker, to reconsider the diagnosis.

If it has been matched in Ancestry's process #1, would it not have to be verified in CODIS' process #2? Thus prolonging the reveal? Sorry about the Merlot infusion tonight (rough week).

I don't see that the two would necessarily be related. If it is Ancestry.com or another commercial DNA company, I suppose the results would belong to the family and they are under no obligation to reveal the match. If it is CODIS I have no idea if the match would have to be revealed or not.
BTW, I got an Ancestry.com DNA test for Christmas, and I got matches from both my mother's and father's known relatives. I am exactly who I thought I was.
It is far far broader than CODIS, which only matches DNA to a few specific groups. It needs to be used more in UID cases.

Should say 100% CHANCE that she could have suffered from some type of mental illness.

I left *CHANCE* off my previous post.

I am a nurse and have worked with some genuinely mentally ill people. Unmedicated they are more than just a little unusual. They are screaming about Christ & hearing your thoughts. Unmedicated schizophrenic disorders are so sad for those affected, but really an incredible presentation of the stereotypical "crazy" person. Medicated they blend right in with the regular level of "crazy" in society.
Obviously I am not diagnosing anyone or saying that there is no way she suffered from this. But if you look at the diagnostic criteria for any disease there are some typical presenting traits that are used to categorize things.
The usual onset is late teens/early 20's, which is about the time she became BST. If she were trying to manage without anyone knowing she was being treated for mental illness she may not have been trying different meds to find a great fit, she may have just been getting by. If she stopped taking her meds during pregnancy that would have definitely contributed to her eventual break with reality. I don't know if anyone was close enough to her to understand her thought process, but the threats, walking the perimeter of the property talking to herself & isolation all scream mental illness to me.

I was thinking more along the lines of paranoid delusional. My dad suffered from it and her actions sound like some of his at the end. He also shot himself. He " seemed" normal except he was kind of an ******* to everyone. He was private and kept all info to himself( because he was paranoid)... Just a thought

I am a nurse and have worked with some genuinely mentally ill people. Unmedicated they are more than just a little unusual. They are screaming about Christ & hearing your thoughts. Unmedicated schizophrenic disorders are so sad for those affected, but really an incredible presentation of the stereotypical "crazy" person. Medicated they blend right in with the regular level of "crazy" in society.
Obviously I am not diagnosing anyone or saying that there is no way she suffered from this. But if you look at the diagnostic criteria for any disease there are some typical presenting traits that are used to categorize things.
The usual onset is late teens/early 20's, which is about the time she became BST. If she were trying to manage without anyone knowing she was being treated for mental illness she may not have been trying different meds to find a great fit, she may have just been getting by. If she stopped taking her meds during pregnancy that would have definitely contributed to her eventual break with reality. I don't know if anyone was close enough to her to understand her thought process, but the threats, walking the perimeter of the property talking to herself & isolation all scream mental illness to me.

All very good points. And let's not forget she also tried to steal the Ruff family recipes...? Lol

I was thinking more along the lines of paranoid delusional. My dad suffered from it and her actions sound like some of his at the end. He also shot himself. He " seemed" normal except he was kind of an ******* to everyone. He was private and kept all info to himself( because he was paranoid)... Just a thought

Totally agree. This was my take as well, also from personal experience. My sister became paranoid delusional in her early 30's after a couple of stress triggers (that affected all of us....but she went off the deep end). It has been 7 years now and ALL of her friends and family have tried to contact her so many many times, including in person, but she literally overnight decided we were all out to get her and left town. We know generally where she lives but she makes sure no one can pin her down when we try.
I can totally see her pulling something similar to Lori in the end (funny, her name is Lori....).
Makes my also not surprised to hear she has relatives out there in PA who may/may not know what happened to her.

I don't think that FLEK is any of the women who have been suggested in this thread. None of them look enough like her. Some have a decent similarity, but just don't look enough like FLEK.

I would take that bet.

Like I said earlier, I'm "all in."

I'm curious. Are there any others who think that there is even the slimmest possibility that Lori Ruff could have been Denise Sheehy?

Are, am I out here all alone?

Given the earlier mentions of a link to Pennsylvania, I think this is an interesting find.

"Denise and her mother had argued at dinner because her mother thought Denise had been drinking alcohol. She left the house angrily and without taking any personal belongings. A neighbor saw her climb over a fence behind the building and leave the complex via an adjacent Mets building. She never returned home and has not been heard from again.

Denise's boyfriend was visiting relatives in Pennsylvania when she disappeared, but he came home to assist with the search. . . "

Anxiously awaiting another update.

I would take that bet.

Like I said earlier, I'm "all in."

I'm curious. Are there any others who think that there is even the slimmest possibility that Lori Ruff could have been Denise Sheehy?

Are, am I out here all alone?

Without knowing anything about Denise Sheehy (other than her profile on Charley Project), I would say she would have been way too old to have had a child in 2008 (even with assistance, I think age 54 would really be pushing it) and her height seems way too short. If the age and height were more accurate, I would think her photo would be somewhat similar.Then again, I was completely convinced, without a doubt, that Lyle Stevik was Ilija Dukic, so . . . :)

Without knowing anything about Denise Sheehy (other than her profile on Charley Project), I would say she would have been way too old to have had a child in 2008 (even with assistance, I think age 54 would really be pushing it) and her height seems way too short. If the age and height were more accurate, I would think her photo would be somewhat similar.Then again, I was completely convinced, without a doubt, that Lyle Stevik was Ilija Dukic, so . . . :)

I'm trying to reconcile the math with Velling's comments from way back when he said that he thought that Lori was "Much Older"

According to - [video=youtube;3ygVUvlaHZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ygVUvlaHZ4[/video] - Velling reported that Lori Ruff told doctors in 2005 (three years before her daughter was born) that she (Lori) was 35 years old.

Velling said that he thinks that Lori was born between 1960 and 1968.

Depending on the months - that could mean that Denise Sheehy could have been as few as only 3 years older than Velling thought "LEK" might have been.

I know it is quite a stretch as far as the age goes.

I completely (and respectfully) disagree with you on the images not being closer match.

I think the likeness is undeniable - even for the Age progressed images of Denise to Lori's actual images.

side bys.JPG

Velling said that Lori Ruff was "much older" than she claimed and I agree. The question is how MUCH older are we reasonably talking about. And (again) I agree that Denise's Age would be at the extreme margin of that range.

I think the age-progressed Sheehy image matches well, but she's too old IMO. Was she ever ruled out?

Did they ever straighten out who he was? Read up on that the other day but didn't find a solution.

I think the age-progressed Sheehy image matches well, but she's too old IMO. Was she ever ruled out?

Yes, she was ruled out (much too quickly in my opinion) only a day or so after I submitted her for consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam