Bosma Murder Trial 03.21.16 - Day 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh:

Good one! But that's what I thought when I first saw that pic. A garbage incinerator shaped like a rocket? :waitasec:

MOO

ETA...Here is what a normal one made out of a barrel would look like...

2laueye.jpg

http://streetjesus.blogspot.ca/2011/05/diy-55-gallon-drum-incinerator.html

Why did they try to make one so big??

A barrel is 35" tall. Two joined together would accommodate something up to 5"8". If you have something taller than 5'8", then adding a third barrel, as in the picture, would be required.

I suppose you wouldn't need a chimney, or vents if you didn't intend to use it for burning right away.

MOO

Do we know he handed over his phone? Do we know if he even had the phone with the texts from Monday and early Tuesday since he changed phones that day? Is there some reason why we shouldn't believe that DM was still in possession of his phone <modsnip> and that LE got all the messages from these phones?

MOO

Good point. I don't know why but I just assumed it was SS that handed over HIS phone to LE with the texts between himself and DM.

EDITED to remove a boo boo :)

Perhaps it's a "before" picture and we haven't seen the finished product.

Possibly, but it would be more reasonable to cut the required ash door, vents etc, into the barrels before they are assembled into a rocket.

Was there not testimony from AJ that he asked why the seats were gone and SS told him DM had allergies??

Why yes there was. AJ was told that it was common to remove the seats because DM had mold allergies wasn't he? Wonder where that excuse went today when SS said he had never seen DM with another vehicle stripped of it's interior? :waitasec:

MOO

I was looking for when AJ stated that he and SS had arrived together to the hangar on May 8th, but I found this from him on Adam Carter's blog:

· Feb 4 2016 11:17 AM
He says a typical work day at MIllard Air wasn't 8 hour day because of his placement. He'd do about six hours a day.

There are many questions not being asked. I am sure the crowns hands are somewhat tied, but not to this extent imo

He did say they'd been planning on it anyway and suddenly had a day off. That's either true, or not.

I will go with NOT true....along with pretty much everything SS said today. I just can't get my head around why he is still covering for DM, he is sitting in jail, everything is pointing to DM being guilty, why not give it all up SS???

I will go with NOT true....along with pretty much everything SS said today. I just can't get my head around why he is still covering for DM, he is sitting in jail, everything is pointing to DM being guilty, why not give it all up SS???

Perhaps he has been promised something in exchange for lying by DM or whomever is controlling the purse strings for DM now? Just thinking out loud.

"Schlatman testified he was the one who took all the decals off Bosma's Dodge Ram. He said this was in preparation to have it painted red, like Millard wanted — like the red Dodge Ram he already owned.

Before that could happen, Millard was arrested."

There's the motive right there.

say you've killed LB in your truck, you're not under investigation but how would you know that? You're paranoid. You need to replace your truck without replacing your truckk you need a replica, but same VIN, you ca't buy another because there would be VIN records, that's why they were calling/looking at other trucks....they needed the right kind, right interior etc to strip out and hide the LB murder, except something went wrong with TB.

rsbm

I wondered about that too but is it reasonable to expect that witnesses, especially those who happen to be family members, not communicate with one another about anything for almost 3 years?

I'd be surprised if such a strict condition was stipulated, but I guess it's possible.

All MOO.

I, and a close relative of myself, were witness for The Crown in a criminal case a few years ago. The case did result in a conviction for the felon. For about a year, as we waited for the court date, after charges had been laid, and the person charged was put in jail for a time, then released on bail. We spoke to each other almost every day, and the police did not put any restrictions on us, or suggest that we could not talk about certain things. On the day that we both testified in court, I could not be in the court room until my relative had finished testifying first. That was the only time we were separated. We even waited together in a room for those testifying, until court started, and LE was chatting with us, apologizing for delays, since my relative was elderly. When I testified, my relative was able to stay in the court room, and hear my testimony, as well as the cross examination. It was stressful, but we both wanted to do our civic duty, and make it more safe for the public, as well as ourselves. I have never regretted it.

I think I'm seeing something telling in these text messages...planning between SS and DM. That whole FRAMING ASPECT DP didn't want to get into and the OTHERS INVOLVED hahaha. SS is heading in the direction that DM bought the truck from someone in Kitchener. The person who DM bought TB's truck from is the "actual" murderer ;) and DM was just an innocent dupe looking for a diesel truck to buy AND coincidentally found TB's truck in Kitchener. After DM bought TB's truck, SS filled DM in on how he was now in possession of a stolen truck and the owner was murdered. Now in those texts SS is suggesting DM goes to the cops. DM is feeling so awful for the Bosma family now realizing this truck sitting in his hangar is stolen and the owner was murdered by someone else.

IMO it was all scripted and planned, those text messages to make it appear as DM now had a "warm" (hot as in stolen) truck on his hands. But of so coincidentally DM was on line looking at TB's truck. SS better be careful or else he's going to find himself perjuring himself and it ain't going to look pretty. He could end up finding himself behind bars also. Who knows, that might just happen anyhow after all is said and done. He may be facing charges we are not privy to because of the PB. IMO SS knew DM was up to no good and was planning on stealing a truck. There's a good reason why AJ and SS are no longer talking. AJ sees right through his SIL. ALL MOO.

After finally reading all of todays happenings in court. I now believe I know who the friend was that DM and CN had discussed in the letter.....SS. His testimony seems very odd. I wonder if MB was convinced by DM to keep SS. SS would have been on the Do Not Contact list, but MB was not and MB was in close contact with SS. Things that make a go hmmmmmm.

I wish I could have gone to the courthouse to hear SS in person, but reading the tweets my impression is that he omitting an awful lot of information and outright lying in many places.

Something is bugging me for sure about SS but it's not that I think he's lying or telling half-truths (and maybe he is, heck, who knows at this point??)

I think it's that from the outside looking in we have this tendency to assume this person or that person HAD to know, or see, or guess at this or that. I don't think that's 100% fair though, mostly because I don't think we really know the extent of SS and DM's friendship/association. I mean, he works in the hangar, he's around a lot, went to Baja as DM's mechanic, he does this or that for DM but I can't only imagine DM kept him in the dark about a heck of lot.

The fact that he handed over his phone to LE, with all the texts between him and DM speaks volumes to me. That's not a CYA-mode thing to do. A CYA thing to do is delete all those texts THEN hand over the phone. Or, just lose the phone entirely.

moo

Or get a new one.....oh ya he did that ! ! ! !

"Schlatman testified he was the one who took all the decals off Bosma's Dodge Ram. He said this was in preparation to have it painted red, like Millard wanted &#8212; like the red Dodge Ram he already owned.

Before that could happen, Millard was arrested."

There's the motive right there.

say you've killed LB in your truck, you're not under investigation but how would you know that? You're paranoid. You need to replace your truck without replacing your truckk you need a replica, but same VIN, you ca't buy another because there would be VIN records, that's why they were calling/looking at other trucks....they needed the right kind, right interior etc to strip out and hide the LB murder, except something went wrong with TB.

Hmmm....I can't see switching out one truck with evidence of a murder inside it, for another truck with evidence of a murder inside it.

Interesting thought, though. Keeping the red Ram away from the police was obviously important to DM.

Well since DM purchased that Camaro and it appears SS was just selling it recently, did he buy that Camaro FOR his "employee" SS? I think DM and SS struck up a good friendship while SS was working at National. And DM, like it appears he does with all his "friends" wanted to buy SS's friendship even more so he hired him on to do nothing....or everything depending on how you look at it.

MOO

SS still has a Camaro for sale online today!!!

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 37s38 seconds ago
Phone records between SS and DM on Thurs May 9. Calls btwn two at 12:35 and then 12:42 pm. SS says he missed both of those calls.

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 13s14 seconds ago
At 1:03pm he texts DM "hi Dell tried calling you back but no answer. Something important?" #Bosma

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
At 1:04pm DM texts "don't know your ext." SS: "120." At 4:10pm DM texts "throw 2 boxes of satin white spray paint in the Yukon plz." #Bosma

<rbbm>

I keep reading this over and over, but I can't figure out what is being said here....perhaps I'm just tired. Molly Hayes is the only reporter to tweet this.

Perhaps it's a "before" picture and we haven't seen the finished product.

Seriously, when I first saw it, I thought, you could hoist a body up, with chains, lower it into the incinerator, and burn it standing in a vertical position. Maybe this was for LB's remains, but it did not fully cremate her, and so, DM bought The Eliminator, Incinerator. SS may have been involved far more than has come to light. He was asked to make something that DM could have designed, and he must have had his suspicions, or more. IMO

Didn't SS have a Steam account too? I wonder if DM, SS and others communicated on there up until DM stopped using it on May 6, 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni