SC SC - Annette Deanne Sagers, 11, Mount Holly, 4 Oct 1988

I simply can't reach any other conclusion: they were both murdered by the step-father. I realize Lost_Son has said he doesn't think Steve would be smart enough to pull off such a crime and get away with it, but some murderers just get lucky. And some get lucky twice. Some killers have had scores of victims before being caught - despite being way below average in intelligence. Blind luck and shoddy police work can go a long way in making even the dumbest criminal look like a mastermind.

I wish they were still alive. This story is sad enough as it is without considering their possible deaths. That sweet little girl whom the teacher said always seemed sad and troubled; it's heart-breaking to think about the short life she had, the trouble she knew that no little kid should know. Even more heart-breaking to think her life came to an end in 1988, a year after losing her own mother. Whatever trouble she knew before then, that last year of her life would have been by far her worst.

But I can't see this story ending any other way. Korrina was close to family too - she would have contacted them at some point. And the note? I'm sorry. If the mother was really determined not to be found, she wouldn't let the kid leave a note saying "Mom came and got me." And then disappear into the netherworld once again. After being missing a full year under suspicious circumstances? We'd all love to believe they're alive and well. Logic tells me they are not.

Just finished reading this thread and it is just amazing the story of these two boys very moving and am hoping for the best outcome possible for everyone. Has a Facebook page been started? Any updates?

I went to school with Annette and rode the bus with her every morning...I can still remember the color of nail polish she was wearing. I was one of the last people to see her the day she disappeared. I saw her standing outside , we went by to pick up the kids in Strawberry and by the time the bus turned around and was on the other side of the road to pick her up, she was gone. Just like that. I've thought about her my entire life. Would if I looked back behind me, would I have seen what happened ? It was only a few minutes she was out of sight. I do wonder, bc of the tight amount of time there would be from passing by her and the bus making the few pickups and then picking her up last..maybe someone knew the schedule? That could easily point to her Mom coming back.. And would her Stepdad have let her out of the house that morning to go to school, if he was going to do something to her. I hope she is out there somewhere. It just doesn't make sense, by now...why wouldn't her and her mother have come forward . I know its not likely but I still have hope that this mystery is solved one day ...

Have any family members contacted Berkley county police to pressure them to reopen as a cold case? Have the grounds of and around the plantation ever been searched with dogs? I know the forest area from the tip was, but seems to me the plantation itself should have been thoroughly searched.
I wonder that myself...I'm going to ask that question to BCSD

thank you for commenting here, SCWVGYSY. so sorry you've been living with this so long. you couldnt have known :/

... And would her Stepdad have let her out of the house that morning to go to school, if he was going to do something to her...

the main reason i could see him doing that is to create doubt. if she had never been seen that day, then there's a lot more suspicion cast on him. this way she was seen by the all the people on the bus, and he creates a possibility that she was taken by korrina. and he would also know the schedule of the bus to time it just so...

in these situations, i always hope i am wrong and fear i am right, but it seems unlikely she or korrina left of their own free will.

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here, and I apologize in advance if these questions have been answered already.

I'm really baffled by this case, and the discussion is very interesting but lots of questions are still unanswered. The biggest question for me is that Korrina left her car the night she left the house. If she was running away, wouldn't it make more sense to at least get somewhere (like a city)? As far as I understand, it was a pretty desolate place where she dumped the car. And leaving the doors open... too suspicious. I wonder if the interior was checked for any blood/DNA/hair etc.? Were there any tracks or footprints? If there were Korrina's footprints, where did they lead?

I posted a few days ago but I think my post got lost somewhere. When googling Korrina's name, a website (peoplebyname.com) came up with an address listed in Summerville, SC. I'm wondering if this address has any real connection to her?

Hi! I am italianbella. I have been a member here for awhile, but don't really post that often. This case of Annette really intrigues me. I think Annette's step dad has something to do with Annette's disappearance as well as Annette's mothers disappearance. I think if Annette's mom was still alive she would have came back for her sons too.

The note Annette left behind is odd. If her Mother unexpectedly pulled up at the bus stop and surprised her, would a young girl, who by most accounts was unhappy, think to write her step-dad a note? Even if her Mother asked her to, was there enough time for the bus to pass by, her Mother pull up, exchange hugs & kisses, etc...and then write a note? All in less than 20 minutes before the bus came back to get her? It's more plausible to believe the note was written beforehand, perhaps someone told her in advance that her Mother was coming to get her that morning and she wrote it while she was waiting at the bus stop, or the night before? I'm curious as to why Annette's family didn't come get her immediately after her Mother disappeared, it doesn't seem the step-dad would have any legal rights whatsoever. And who was fighting for custody? Why would a step-dad with two small boys to care for on his own seek custody of a child who was not his? I'm thinking there must have been another adult around (female?) to help the step-dad with the care of 3 children in the year after his wife disappeared. It seems with the 20 minute time span of her being seen at the bus stop, it's more likely someone she knew called her back towards her home rather than a car pulling up. If the step-dad was an addict, there's no telling what kind of acquaintances he had hanging around that could have befriended and taken advantage of a young girl who missed her Mom. Or, she may have left with someone who promised to take her to her Mom. It's frightening to think one person was responsible for first killing a Mother, and then her young daughter. I can't see her step-dad forcing her to write that note, sending her to the bus stop out in public view where she could have ran, then hurting her, it makes no sense. And after a year of staying in the same house after his wife disappears, he leaves after Annette disappeared. I wonder if he was afraid, maybe he then suspected someone? Or did he believe her Mom had come for her? I just can't believe a Mother would leave her young daughter with a man she was running from, especially since he was not her Father. It's possible he killed them both however, if Annette knew anything about her Mom's murder, why would her step-dad wait a year before killing her? If for some reason he thought she overheard a recent conversation or discovered incriminating evidence against him, why even allow her to get out of the house that morning? To be seen at the bus stop? From all accounts, he wasn't that cunning.

The note Annette left behind is odd. If her Mother unexpectedly pulled up at the bus stop and surprised her, would a young girl, who by most accounts was unhappy, think to write her step-dad a note? Even if her Mother asked her to, was there enough time for the bus to pass by, her Mother pull up, exchange hugs & kisses, etc...and then write a note? All in less than 20 minutes before the bus came back to get her? It's more plausible to believe the note was written beforehand, perhaps someone told her in advance that her Mother was coming to get her that morning and she wrote it while she was waiting at the bus stop, or the night before? I'm curious as to why Annette's family didn't come get her immediately after her Mother disappeared, it doesn't seem the step-dad would have any legal rights whatsoever. And who was fighting for custody? Why would a step-dad with two small boys to care for on his own seek custody of a child who was not his? I'm thinking there must have been another adult around (female?) to help the step-dad with the care of 3 children in the year after his wife disappeared. It seems with the 20 minute time span of her being seen at the bus stop, it's more likely someone she knew called her back towards her home rather than a car pulling up. If the step-dad was an addict, there's no telling what kind of acquaintances he had hanging around that could have befriended and taken advantage of a young girl who missed her Mom. Or, she may have left with someone who promised to take her to her Mom. It's frightening to think one person was responsible for first killing a Mother, and then her young daughter. I can't see her step-dad forcing her to write that note, sending her to the bus stop out in public view where she could have ran, then hurting her, it makes no sense. And after a year of staying in the same house after his wife disappears, he leaves after Annette disappeared. I wonder if he was afraid, maybe he then suspected someone? Or did he believe her Mom had come for her? I just can't believe a Mother would leave her young daughter with a man she was running from, especially since he was not her Father. It's possible he killed them both however, if Annette knew anything about her Mom's murder, why would her step-dad wait a year before killing her? If for some reason he thought she overheard a recent conversation or discovered incriminating evidence against him, why even allow her to get out of the house that morning? To be seen at the bus stop? From all accounts, he wasn't that cunning.

I agree, it seems like too much of a risk for her stepfather to have allowed Annette go out and wait for the bus before harming her (if he did). He wouldn't have known if someone else would drive by that could identify them, assuming she was taken from the bus stop. Plus, he had two other young children, where would they have been while all of this was taking place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, it seems like too much of a risk for her stepfather to have allowed Annette go out and wait for the bus before harming her (if he did). He wouldn't have known if someone else would drive by that could identify them, assuming she was taken from the bus stop. Plus, he had two other young children, where would they have been while all of this was taking place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you really think a guy who had murdered his wife and was about to murder his.stepdaughter would worry about leaving his two sons unattended while he did it?

Do you really think a guy who had murdered his wife and was about to murder his.stepdaughter would worry about leaving his two sons unattended while he did it?

That's the point, I don't really think he did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you Paradise, I don't think he did it either. Her Mom's car was found at the end of the drive, was this the family's only vehicle? Was it in her name or her husbands? If she left on her own, the only reason I can think of for her to have left it was that it was the only family car and she didn't want to leave her husband with three kids and no transportation. Or, it was in her husbands name and it would be possible to locate her if LE ran the tag. But, I don't think she left voluntarily, and I don't believe she came back for her daughter. Perhaps Annette planned to run away? Leaving that note would be a good distraction..I still believe someone lied to that child and instead of taking her to her Mom, they hurt her.

I agree with you Paradise, I don't think he did it either. Her Mom's car was found at the end of the drive, was this the family's only vehicle? Was it in her name or her husbands? If she left on her own, the only reason I can think of for her to have left it was that it was the only family car and she didn't want to leave her husband with three kids and no transportation. Or, it was in her husbands name and it would be possible to locate her if LE ran the tag. But, I don't think she left voluntarily, and I don't believe she came back for her daughter. Perhaps Annette planned to run away? Leaving that note would be a good distraction..I still believe someone lied to that child and instead of taking her to her Mom, they hurt her.

The only way I can see the stepdad being involved is by being removed from the situation, such as getting someone to take/harm Annette and her mother for him. I just feel like he had too much else going on for I'm to be the sole person involved.

That's the point, I don't really think he did it.

I think you're missing the point of my post. The point is, the fact that doing away with the stepdaughter might have meant leaving the sons unattended is not evidence in his favor.

As far as motive goes, some people may be on the wrong track in thinking it was because the stepdaughter knew about the.murder of the mother. It may be that the guy had been molesting the stepdaughter and got rid of the mother when she found out. He may have later realized that the stepdaughter would eventually talk and decided to off her, too.

When considering him as a suspect, we have to ignore any information about the timeline that came from him.

Bump for Annette. Is Lost Son still around? Any updates?
I am still here, unfortunately I don't have any new updates.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am curious what happened to his marriage to Korrina. It's been said that Thomas remarried so Korrina would have to either be declared dead or he somehow divorced her without her being a part of the proceedings?

Does anyone know where this plantation was? Would like to look at the site on Google maps.

Plantation is in Mount Holly, SC. Considering they were married in TX and he remarried in Florida, it is not the first time that he remarried like this. I do not know of he provided documents so he could marry again. He claimed his first wife and daughter died in a house fire and remarried and had another daughter. That 2nd wife he divorced legally, is what I have been told. My brother and I came next with his 3rd wife and my our mother Korrina. He gave us up after the disappearances and years later he married his current wife (4th) and had three kids (one just graduated High school a year or two ago). Even though Thomas is his first name, he goes by Steve (short for Stephen).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am new to this case so not completely up to spread. Thought I would mention that I just did a Facebook search for "Annette Sagers" and a girl with the initials EAR came up, however if you go to her "about me" page she has Annette Sagers listed as another name for herself. She also has the picture of Annette from charley project in her photos with an interesting comment.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288