Found Alive TX - Christine Woo (fnd dec'd), 39, & 3 kids, Frisco, 28 March 2016

There isn't any reports of her taking sleeping pills. There was an non-credible MSM report that she bought sleeping pills at Walgreens in spite of credible reports that she picked up a prescription for a child's skin crème. Just another rumor that now has become fact.

There is zero credible information out there that this is in fact a suicide. There again is unverified information that she was depressed and overwhelmed and therefore suicidal. The husband reports she was not and acquaintances state she "appeared" or "sounded" overwhelmed. What mother out there with three kids under six wouldn't be?

I think the speculation on this being a suicide is unfair to this family. Trying to find the husband somehow at fault is so uncharitable. They have suffered an incredible loss and have many hurdles ahead of them. How about we have some compassion for this father who now has to learn to live life without his wife, for these children who now have to learn to live without their mother, for her family who have to learn to live without her. Is it so difficult t believe this just could be a natural death at a very inopportune time?

No, it is not so difficult to believe, and given what we know, it's the simplest and most probable situation, imo.

For the baby to be still clutched in her Momma's arms, three days later, something unusual happened. Of course, if Christine was nursing, and did take sleeping pills, the drugs would pass on to the baby. How quickly does this happen, immediately or does it take some time? I don't know how rapidly it would effect the baby.

We all know a baby Leah's age is not going to stay in one place for 3 days! She was in more danger of getting hurt since she was out of her car seat. This is what leads me to suspect now that mom must have given the children something. However, for the children to have survived, Christine's goal may have been just that they take a long nap and they would be found, but she would be gone.

I have been wondering too about the baby being out of her car seat. Maybe it had gotten heavy use with the previous 2 children and little Leah was able to disconnect the straps? Long time since I had a baby and a car seat. I'm just not sure the kiddos, even the baby would have been shrieking at the top of their lungs with Mama right there. Tears, yes, lots of tears, but maybe mostly whimpering?

Since there are no firm reports about the sleeping pill purchase, I'll just buck out of this discussion until it is affirmed by LE. But the lack of cell phone and sun shades put up for privacy make it look like, to me, an attempted family anhilation. No way is husband involved. IMHO.

Okay, curious about how fast a mother might pass a drug into a nursing baby... I had high expectations when I had my baby boy. Going to nurse for a full year. Nope! Thought I was having a heart attack, but instead had a gallstone attack when he was 4-months-old and spent a week in the hospital recovering from surgery. Very disappointed in myself. Anyway, this article details drugs and breastfeeding:

•Most drugs pass into human milk.
•Drugs must pass into your bloodstream before they can appear in your milk.
•Almost all medication appears in very small amounts, usually less than 1% of the maternal dose.
•Very few drugs are contraindicated for nursing mothers.

The list of drugs which are unsafe for breastfeeding moms is very small. The vast majority of medications can be taken without harm to the baby. The issue of which drugs are safe to take during lactation is quite complicated.

The amount taken: The higher the dosage, the more the drug transfers into milk.

•How often you take the drug: Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before you feed are likely to be a peak blood levels when your baby nurses.

https://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/articles/drugs-and-breastfeeding

im gonna wait til the toxicolgy report comes in. i dont want to accuse someone who cant defend herself of suicide/familicide. im hoping and praying it isnt the suicide/familiacide route cause i have no idea. this case is mind boggling.

I hear you, I really do. I bowed out of discussions on another case because it was affecting me (and others) too much and the nitpicking was pointless to me.

But....this is a sleuthing site. What we do here is speculate, ponder, and put puzzle pieces together. Sometimes we don't know what the puzzle pieces are, and we discuss ideas to help shape them.

I've seen in many cases here where discussions stop abruptly - when a missing person is found safe, for example. We aren't hear to be harmful, but to figure out cases. Personally, I think people are being very respectful on this particular case and rather delicate in any questions they have (unlike commenters I've seen on other sites).

But I totally understand bowing out until real facts are known. Commendable.

I think these children were given something to go to sleep.
I think sleeping also is the reason they survived.

Jmvoo

Since there are no firm reports about the sleeping pill purchase, I'll just buck out of this discussion until it is affirmed by LE. But the lack of cell phone and sun shades put up for privacy make it look like, to me, an attempted family anhilation. No way is husband involved. IMHO.

I think the husband is in denial! God help him! He is going to need it.

It doesn't seem likely (to me anyway) that she would stop first thing in the morning to pick up her child's eczema meds if she were planning a murder/suicide while out and about.

Unless it was to prevent a call home saying they hadn't been collected? By collecting a prescription, it gave the appearance that she was in control and all was ok. Maybe she used the meds on the child immediately after collecting them, so the child wasn't stressed in any way. I don't doubt she loved and cared for her children - maybe it was the last motherly act she could do.

Unless it was to prevent a call home saying they hadn't been collected? By collecting a prescription, it gave the appearance that she was in control and all was ok. Maybe she used the meds on the child immediately after collecting them, so the child wasn't stressed in any way. I don't doubt she loved and cared for her children - maybe it was the last motherly act she could do.

If all she was getting was the eczema prescription why not use the drive thru? Why take 3 little children inside the store and then buckel them all back in to the car?

If all she was getting was the eczema prescription why not use the drive thru? Why take 3 little children inside the store and then buckel them all back in to the car?

That is what has me puzzled. Of course, I hate using the drive-thru, but with 3 little ones it would more convenient. Maybe she just needed some adult interaction?

I have never used the drive thru to get prescriptions. I have four kids.

Just a minor side note, for accuracy's sake:

The Privacy Act is part of HIPAA, not HIPPA. It's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/

I could never remember that until someone said "it's HIPAA, not a female HIPPO". That made it stick in my head. xD Just interjecting that hoping it will help someone else remember.

Okay! It just hit me. She used a CC at Walgreens and she went in because she didn't want to give the CC to the window person. That's why my husband won't use a drive thru either. He doesn't give his card to ANYONE (except me ; ) OR, maybe, she wanted to discuss with the pharmacist about the new Rx for the baby...

I have never used the drive thru to get prescriptions. I have four kids.

But why?
If all i had to pick up was the rx. Heck id rather drive thru than unload the kids get them all into the store get the rx then back out to the car buckle in settle down drive home.

Seems to so much easier to just drive thru if u just had that one thing to pick up.

Or if she was going to purchase anything else with it, she would have to go inside..... I'm not sure I have ever gotten out of Walgreens with only my childs rx

I could never remember that until someone said "it's HIPAA, not a female HIPPO". That made it stick in my head. xD Just interjecting that hoping it will help someone else remember.

That made me laugh! The HIPPO part, I mean. But, if I remember correctly, the father could have signed paperwork to release information to the media regarding the children. I have always been asked to check the box and sign if it is okay to tell who calls the hospital asking about you that you are there or released.

This really, really bothers me. Yes you can get text messages for transactions...I have a text sent when my check is deposited.

But a text sent to my husband every single time I made ANY purchase? A text sent to me 2x a day when he sneaks off to the bodega for his fresh banana bread addiction? I don't care what small amounts he spends money on on a day to day basis (coffee, lunch, etc.). The texts would annoy me more than anything!

Having an alert set up for every purchase...that is not routine, in my mind.

In my opinion, an action like that would stem from a need to control / track someone, or a prior history of massive financial irresponsibility.

We have our one credit card that is for bigger purchases or emergency purchases set up to text my phone if a purchase is made. That way we can know right away when it was used and make sure it was authorized by me or my DH. Just convenience and safety for a card with a high level of credit unused on it.

But why?
If all i had to pick up was the rx. Heck id rather drive thru than unload the kids get them all into the store get the rx then back out to the car buckle in settle down drive home.

Seems to so much easier to just drive thru if u just had that one thing to pick up.

I had three kids under three (obviously not now, but I did at one time), and I didn't use the drive through pharmacy (and still don't). I just don't like it. I don't like using the bank drive through, either.

But what *I would do and what she would do might be quite separate things. So I can't very well answer why she might have done it.

Or if she was going to purchase anything else with it, she would have to go inside..... I'm not sure I have ever gotten out of Walgreens with only my childs rx

Especially with eczema. I have two eczema kids, and I usually end up with oatmeal bath, petroleum jelly, cocoa butter, Benadryl (or some other allergy meds), cortisone cream ... It's a bear. (speaking only of my own experience and not speculating on her purchases or potential purchases, just to clarify)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back