CA - Robert Limon, 38, murdered, Tehachapi, 17 Aug 2014

Jonathan Hearn and Robert Limon knowing each other offers a possible explanation for the unknown man in the surveillance video. If Hearn wanted to sneak up on Robert, he needed to conceal his identity. The man in the video is wearing black pants, and a black/beige long sleeve jacket or shirt. You don't see any exposed skin. That's quite bizarre given the weather that day:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KTSP/2014/8/17/DailyHistory.html

The temps reached 89°F middle of the afternoon and by the time the unknown person is captured on video, it was still about 83°F per the temp graph. Whoever that was had to be involved because no random person is walking around dressed for winter in those conditions.

[video=youtube;vfsWD9PRbkI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfsWD9PRbkI[/video]

Investigators said in the declaration that video surveillance captured Hearn fleeing the scene just minutes after Robert Limon was shot twice in the head. Prosecutors allege Hearn was lying in wait to kill Robert Limon. - See more at: http://www.desertdispatch.com/article/20141121/NEWS/141129992#sthash.DOYIarTR.dpuf

Porkchopper, I was confused about the man on the video in the beginning too.

It seems LE has not released the video which shows Hearn at the scene. The video they are asking people to look at, is not Hearn. To date he has not been identified. Weird right? Looks like he is carrying something heavy, or he has a limp? Strange no one came forward.

Porkchopper, I was confused about the man on the video in the beginning too.

It seems LE has not released the video which shows Hearn at the scene. The video they are asking people to look at, is not Hearn. To date he has not been identified. Weird right? Looks like he is carrying something heavy, or he has a limp? Strange no one came forward.

I don't think they have a video that positively shows Hearn at the scene. Why? If they did, it wouldn't (or shouldn't) have taken them 3 months to make an arrest. The video of him "fleeing" the scene may simply show a vehicle Hearn had access to that day. As for the limp in the surveillance video, that may be an act as well, like the winter clothing on a hot day.

Another possibility, the "video" isn't really video, but one of those automated license plate reader cameras that are popping up all over the place. I think they exist along Highway 58 which he would have driven the day Rob was killed.

I think Hearn has a court appearance tomorrow?

What's going on with the case? I don't recall the exact wording on his previous inmate status, but this suggests he's going to be released?

Next Hearing shows "NONE"
Anticipated Release: "PENDING"

Look it up here: http://www.kern.courts.ca.gov/case-menu-main.aspx

Inmate Name: HEARN, JONATHAN MICHAEL
Inmate Number: SO2094779
Date of Birth: 02/07/1990
ID Process complete? YES
Inmate Location: Central Receiving Facility
Facility and Visiting Information
Arrest Date/Time: 11/18/14 11:11 PM
Total Bail Amount: NO BAIL
Anticipated Release Date: ** PENDING ** WARNING: Release date may be subject to change without notice
Next Hearing: ** NONE **

Disregard the last reply. Soon after I posted, his Next Hearing Date was changed to 02/04/2015.

Inmate Name: HEARN, JONATHAN MICHAEL
Inmate Number: SO2094779
Date of Birth: 02/07/1990
ID Process complete? YES
Inmate Location: Central Receiving Facility
Facility and Visiting Information
Arrest Date/Time: 11/18/14 11:11 PM
Total Bail Amount: NO BAIL
Anticipated Release Date: ** PENDING ** WARNING: Release date may be subject to change without notice
Next Hearing Date/Time: 02/04/15 09:00 AM
Next Hearing Location: Metro Division - 1415 Truxtun - Div/Dept PH

A status hearing scheduled for Jonathan Hearn, a Redlands firefighter charged with murder, has been continued to 9 a.m. Feb. 4 in Kern County Superior Court in Bakersfield.

The hearing was originally scheduled for Friday morning, but prosecutors with the Kern County District Attorney’s Office are still working on discovery, said Deputy District Attorney Esther Schlearth.
http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/2...harged-with-murder-returns-to-court-next-year

At the rate things are going, I'd be surprised if he goes to trial before 2016.

Anyone know if there was a hearing yesterday?

I found the hearing info, says next court date is 4/14/15. Guess the media did not cover?

Anything new [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defendant Information:Name:HEARN, JONATHAN MICHAELBirth Year:1990

Case Information:Court Case #:BF158339AFiling Date:11/20/14Related Case #:NONE
Arrest Date:11/18/14
Bail Amount:$2000000.00Bail Status:N/ABail Type:N/A

I thought by now Sabrina would have been arrested. This case reminds me of the Rusty Sneiderman case and how his wife Andrea was never charged, beyond anybody's comprehension.

I thought by now Sabrina would have been arrested. This case reminds me of the Rusty Sneiderman case and how his wife Andrea was never charged, beyond anybody's comprehension.

I hope she is looking over her shoulder every single day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back