Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

Would it be safe to say that anyone who murders someone, commits a heinous act or is considered 'evil' suffers from some sort of mental illness of varying degree.......?

I can never correlate the difference.

I always find it interesting however the different reactions of when a filicide is committed.Take for instance the Port Lincoln murder/suicide. The Dad that killed his 2 children. The social media and msm commentary on that as per my observations seemed to consist mainly of empathy towards the Father with calls for better metal health services even though it was acknowledged by the family that he had been encouraged to seek some help but refused. He was heralded as a 'good bloke' and many other wonderful things. From what I read most people were sympathetic towards him. I wonder if this is because he killed himself too?

Father's generally kill their children as an act of violence towards the mother and is about control and revenge, for Mother's it seems to be more about feelings of hopelessness and a perceived lack of support however that is mainly in the context of filicide/suicide.

Anyway just my observations and thoughts.

Here is a link to a very good study on filicide in the context of separation.

http://www.dvrcv.org.au/sites/default/files/‘Just Say Goodbye’ (January 2013 online edition).pdf
I actually think that people should be charged with crimes posthumously and possibly not laid to rest until they've served their sentence.

I actually think that people should be charged with crimes posthumously and possibly not laid to rest until they've served their sentence.

Sorry, but what would be the point of that? Would taxpayers be expected to pay while their bodies were kept somewhere?

I feel like that would just punish the families/loved ones rather than the person charged.

Can anyone guess how old the father is?

He appears gentle and not arrogant, it's hard to tell his age and personality.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-woman-with-murder-over-death-of-14-month-old

No idea, but the marriage was an arranged one and it was acrimonius according to a family member. So there were problems between the parents to the point of separation.
If there was violence toward the mother from her husband she was abused by him. Looking at a photo of someone tells us nothing about what goes on behind closed doors. And he is definitely going to try and come across as the good guy to the general public as those types do if they are abusive, they are not going to show their bad side that's for sure. Because it was an arranged marriage the rights of the woman to choose her life partner is taken away, so there is that as well.

In the video that was taken days prior. The mother is holding Sanaya saying something along the lines of "I love you and I miss you"..
Who was filming and who was that video for??

What has made this woman snap and murder her own flesh and blood?
Has it actually been confirmed that ex husband was abusive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkx

Sayana’s father Sameer Sahib shared the clip of his 14-month-old daughter with 7 News.

It was sent to him just two days before she was allegedly murdered by her mother.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/313...a-sahib-two-days-before-toddler-was-murdered/

Would it be safe to say that anyone who murders someone, commits a heinous act or is considered 'evil' suffers from some sort of mental illness of varying degree.......?

Father's generally kill their children as an act of violence towards the mother and is about control and revenge, for Mother's it seems to be more about feelings of hopelessness and a perceived lack of support however that is mainly in the context of filicide/suicide.

When this happens there is a domestic violence uproar.

What is the difference if the mother/wife/female does the same?

It is the ultimate form of domestic violence and it should be treated with the same contempt. IMO.

I'd say somewhere in his forties....maybe late thirties. Guessing he looks older than he is. Probably from stress!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

im thinking early 30's or very late 20's i dont think he's to old at all.

Hmmm interesting idea.....jails of cyogenically preserved murderers serving their time? or left to the elements? not poking fun at the idea just exploring it further. I do think they shouldnt have a normal funeral or something along those lines. their ending shouldnt be celebrated.

When this happens there is a domestic violence uproar.

What is the difference if the mother/wife/female does the same?

It is the ultimate form of domestic violence and it should be treated with the same contempt. IMO.

Absolutely, I'm just stating my observations and my view that when the guy in SA killed his children he seemed to get an inordinate amount of sympathy which I thought was odd.

I can never correlate the difference.

I always find it interesting however the different reactions of when a filicide is committed.Take for instance the Port Lincoln murder/suicide. The Dad that killed his 2 children. The social media and msm commentary on that as per my observations seemed to consist mainly of empathy towards the Father with calls for better metal health services even though it was acknowledged by the family that he had been encouraged to seek some help but refused. He was heralded as a 'good bloke' and many other wonderful things. From what I read most people were sympathetic towards him. I wonder if this is because he killed himself too?

Anyway just my observations and thoughts.

Here is a link to a very good study on filicide in the context of separation.

http://www.dvrcv.org.au/sites/default/files/‘Just Say Goodbye’ (January 2013 online edition).pdf

Thank you for the link, very interesting and unfortunately, disturbing too.

In the case of the Port Lincoln murder/suicide, there was a lot more sympathy for the father than I've ever seen before after similar tragedies, but I think this was due to his wife, who did not condemn him, at least not publicly. How can the public say otherwise when she declared he loved his children and he had suffered for quite some time from a mental illness? Usually such sentiments of the parents love and good character are saved for mothers who kill their child/ren. It's hard not to condemn though, because intentionally taking a life is a deplorable act, a million times more so when it's your own child. It becomes more complex when mental illness is involved.

After Geoff Hunt killed his wife, children and then himself, he was vilified by the public. In an ABC interview with Kim Hunt's sister, she gave a surprise response about her sister's death, that her sister was a different person after her accident and that Geoff just couldn't take it anymore. She seemed perfectly resigned to the fact that Geoff was deeply depressed and did it out of love and frustration. The coroner's court findings was that Kim changed dramatically after her accident and was verbally abusive towards Geoff.

Actually, I don't really know what point I'm trying to make here, it's such difficult ground. Maybe, I'll give this explanation a go.

We've made great strides in diagnosing and prescribing medications for mental illness and generally a better understanding of mental heath by education and literature etc. But we failed with the closure of mental facilities imo, for patients that need long term care. There were so many tragedies that could have been avoided if the perpetrator was hospitalized BEFORE killing a family member. Wives, husbands, parents have struggled alone with their partner/child who is clearly out of control and dangerous.

Many of these killers have expressed multiple times a wish to kill their loved ones or even a stranger. Their mental health professional ups their dosage which isn't guaranteed the patient is even taking to start with, or their therapist notes it down and tries to persuade them to think differently! Honestly, this isn't good enough. These patients need to be hospitalized for their own safety and for the safety of others before they carry out their awful plan. Sometimes they may need to be in care for years, but this isn't available anymore, mental health facilities closed down and the ones still open take in short term or outpatients only. The funding just isn't there anymore and also mental 'institutions' had a bad reputation for various reasons, some justified.

Of course, there needs to be monitoring of the facilities, this includes not only patients but staff and mental health professionals. This costs money which our society doesn't deem as important enough to give. As a result, people are dying at the hands of someone with a mental illness which could have been prevented.

This is one such tragedy that would never have happened if the father was institutionalized. It has stuck in my mind since it happened.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...fore-girls-death/story-e6freoof-1111115236987

Sorry for going on, it's something that has been bothering me for years. :blushing:

I do think there is much more to this tragedy that is still to be revealed.

August committal hearing? Can one of our great legal people please help me understand the timeframe. We have a full confession and irrefutable CCTV footage, along with an imminent psychiatric assessment, plus DOCs and Ambos reports. So why the wait? Is it simply that our Court system is so congested?

im thinking early 30's or very late 20's i dont think he's to old at all.

His Mum doesn't look overly old (that was her at the minutes silence wasn't it?) his sisters look in their 20's.. So im thinking thirties.

[h=1]How could a parent kill their own child? The unknown world of filicide[/h]

Isn't the core problem in the world "why do people kill other people"? regardless of adult or child? What is inherent within human beings where they can and want to kill anything? Parents kill their kids for all kinds of reasons, and non parents also kill other people's children. The killer lives within all of us, we are all capable of killing, but most of us would never do that or have the urge to do that, but sadly there are those that do. Is it okay for Governments to organize mass slaughter as in manufactured wars that people are quite willing to participate in and kill innocent men, women & children whom they depersonalize in order to murder them? That is okay for most, but god forbid a parent that murders its own child, there is outrage in that, but not for a child slaughtered for no good reason in another geographical location on the planet, because what? they are out to get you? We have to see the full picture not just a small part of that picture to even start to sort out our human problems. End of rant.

August committal hearing? Can one of our great legal people please help me understand the timeframe. We have a full confession and irrefutable CCTV footage, along with an imminent psychiatric assessment, plus DOCs and Ambos reports. So why the wait? Is it simply that our Court system is so congested?

Hi Oz Jen. This may help:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...b/news-story/1b01d8bcc8ad6bd9f449787ad14e4a3b
"... Prosecutors have been given until June 22 to prepare the brief of evidence ahead of an August committal hearing"...

Isn't the core problem in the world "why do people kill other people"? regardless of adult or child? What is inherent within human beings where they can and want to kill anything? Parents kill their kids for all kinds of reasons, and non parents also kill other people's children. The killer lives within all of us, we are all capable of killing, but most of us would never do that or have the urge to do that, but sadly there are those that do. Is it okay for Governments to organize mass slaughter as in manufactured wars that people are quite willing to participate in and kill innocent men, women & children whom they depersonalize in order to murder them? That is okay for most, but god forbid a parent that murders its own child, there is outrage in that, but not for a child slaughtered for no good reason in another geographical location on the planet, because what? they are out to get you? We have to see the full picture not just a small part of that picture to even start to sort out our human problems. End of rant.
Good rant.

But I'd also say that it's more outrageous that more people are still dying of hunger and from water borne disease.

If you cancelled your Internet subscription, your pay tv and possibly the gym membership you'd have enough funds to feed and educate a whole village.

Go without that takeaway cappuccino a few times a week and you can pay a girls school fee's for a year.

We all make choices about what we care about. Right or wrong but it is human to do so.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back