GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's more specific, thank you. I assume that's what LE/FBI are doing creating a timeline of his movements. They need that to connect him to a crime.

But there seems to be a mismatch in the victims and disposal MO 1) someone he dated for 6-8 weeks, was known by her family, and dumped in recycling cans in a residential area 2) someone who was not locally reported missing, nor quickly identified once found, dumped in a wooded area.

To put this in perspective, we find lots of bodies in the woods, mostly incomplete. A piece of skull, a piece of rib, a femur. They do DNA testing, but most of them go unidentified. It doesn't mean they were killed by serial killers, doesn't mean they were murdered. It is a slow process - ID the victim, etc. At least in this area, there's always a chance they were a Ridgeway victim though.

And of course, there are multiple killers in this area with yet-to-be-located victims out there. (e.g Israel Keyes) So links have to be developed between the cases, suspects, victims.

I think he was in prison in 2013. I'll find the timeline and bump it up..

I am not following the opinions of mommy issues. Yes, yes, I know the Hannibal video, but saying he had mommy issues makes it sound like in his mind this women did something wrong that provoked the behavior.
Nothing so far points me to mommy issues.
Mommy issues to me are, she was abusive, she was sick herself, she used overly strict punishment, she abandoned him...etc..
He may have had anger towards his parents or mother in particular but I'm still not ready to use the blanket statement mommy issues yet.

I'm not seeing the mommy issues here either - although they are very possible. Many serial killers/psychopaths have mother full-blown mommy issues. Ted Bundy is a prime example.

As far as the "Hannibal" video being pulled out to threaten his mom - I think this was just done in an alcoholic, man-child tantrum. I don't know that I would place any weight in this.

[video=youtu;jKvhKI6Kxew]http://youtu.be/jKvhKI6Kxew[/video]

My unofficial "cheat-sheet" quick reminder about the difference between a Sociopath & a Psychopath is this: a Psychopath is always a Narcissist. Not necessarily so with a Sociopath. And not all Narcissists are Psychopaths.

Also I think of psychopaths as being much more cunning. If the person is able to put on a convincing act, manipulate emotions and deceive you, they're in psychopath territory. A sociopath is more likely to be withdrawn and socially inept, and possibly intellectually disabled.

[video=youtu;jKvhKI6Kxew]http://youtu.be/jKvhKI6Kxew[/video]

Above is part 1 of a phenomenal documentary about Psychopaths called, "I, Psychopath"

My unofficial "cheat-sheet" quick reminder about the difference between a Sociopath & a Psychopath is this: a Psychopath is always a Narcissist. Not necessarily so with a Sociopath. And not all Narcissists are Psychopaths. If memory serves me well, this important differentiation is mentioned in the above documentary.

It is fascinating.

Moo

What a fascinating project!

However, I do not think JC is a psycho/sociopath. Sociopath/psychopaths are highly intelligent and accomplished. They might lose money, like the subject of that documentary, but they lose MILLIONS...and then they earn it back again. They also consider themselves above regular people.

JC is not stupid, but he's not highly intelligent. Nobody has described him that way and he doesn't come off to us as in the upper ranks of intelligence.

He's not highly accomplished. He hasn't amounted to much at all.

I don't think JC considers himself above others. He certainly is selfish and mean, but I think the root of that is a sense of inferiority not superiority. He's motivated by rage, imo, mostly inward rage that he directs outward, and I don't think socio/psychopaths feel rage.

Just my armchair opinion.

Some comments have suggested he's a narcissist, I'd take that one step further and say he's a sociopath. I found this link and while it is looooong, there is some really insightful information.

I imagine that he presented himself as poor me, my relationships have been sad, nobody loves me enough. Ingrid was obviously a "caretaker" type. I don't think it's fair to assume she felt like she could fix him, but probably was empathetic to his situation. Unfortunately as soon as she did that, she unknowingly became his victim, even before he murdered her.

https://dianaiannarone.com/2014/01/...ciopath-and-a-narcissist-from-my-perspective/

That's kind of what I think, too. I think Ingrid may have known that he was down on his luck or he gave her a story about how he had had some challenges in the past and was turning his life around, and her personality was such that she continued the relationship. It's possible she was completely snowed by him and had no idea of his actual background, but I tend to think she at least knew some generalities. Perhaps she did press him on some details and that's ultimately what led to her death.

The blue house was searched yesterday and is on the street where the second set of remains was found. I don't think it's been confirmed that the remains were specifically found at the house. There's been quite the radio silence today in the media regarding what was found.

I am not positive but I think the gray house was where a search warrant was served soon after JC's arrest--possibly where he had been living.

Since John is a homeless couch surfer, He could have made sure that his phone was fully charged before going out that night. Which possibly helped ping his movements from that night to the next day.

So LE probably has a decent map of where he was at what time while disposing body parts and the car and any other evidence.

Plus he still text the mom the damaging information that he thought Ingrid would be with her kids even though he had her car at some point.

The dipsh#t stopped texting after mom mentioned his last name and said the police have been contacted.

I feel sorry for Ingrids mom.

I'm not seeing the mommy issues here either - although they are very possible. Many serial killers/psychopaths have mother full-blown mommy issues. Ted Bundy is a prime example.

As far as the "Hannibal" video being pulled out to threaten his mom - I think this was just done in an alcoholic, man-child tantrum. I don't know that I would place any weight in this.

Well it certainly seemed to spook his parents, and they actually know him....

Well it certainly seemed to spook his parents, and they actually know him....

Obviously something during that whole episode spooked his parents, but it may have been his overall behavior that made them feel unsafe in general. The restraining order could have been the culmination of months/years of his erratic ups and downs, he may have threatened them before, or maybe they were just sick of dealing with him. Pulling out the Hannibal video and saying what he said might have been a way that he thought he could scare them even more vs. any sort of hint or indication that he'd been killing people.

I was hoping to read the outcome of what was found yesterday. I guess that information has not been made public yet.

Jon has something going mentally. I don't think it's anything treatable. He's basically a cluster B disaster waiting to happen.

Obviously something during that whole episode spooked his parents, but it may have been his overall behavior that made them feel unsafe in general. The restraining order could have been the culmination of months/years of his erratic ups and downs, he may have threatened them before, or maybe they were just sick of dealing with him. Pulling out the Hannibal video and saying what he said might have been a way that he thought he could scare them even more vs. any sort of hint or indication that he'd been killing people.

I don't think it indicates he'd been killing people. But they specifically mentioned it, so it was important. I think they believed he was capable of killing his mother, ergo, the restraining order.

Has anyone else looked at his Facebook? If you scroll down (under the year 2012), there are all these random posts that appear to be the result of a "cut, paste" problem - these were obviously his "email titles". It just goes to show how sloppy he really is. He says on Facebook that his account was hacked, but it's obviously him making the posts. It's creepy.

Has anyone else looked at his Facebook? If you scroll down (under the year 2012), there are all these random posts that appear to be the result of a "cut, paste" problem - these were obviously his "email titles". It just goes to show how sloppy he really is. He says on Facebook that his account was hacked, but it's obviously him making the posts. It's creepy.

What do they say? (He's the named perp in this case so I think we can talk about his FB, even if just paraphrase.)

Also I think of psychopaths as being much more cunning. If the person is able to put on a convincing act, manipulate emotions and deceive you, they're in psychopath territory. A sociopath is more likely to be withdrawn and socially inept, and possibly intellectually disabled.

I think Psycopathy is only one part of the problem with our murderer. I think there is more here (as mentioned before).
But I wanted to post the video because it is such an interesting documentary, in general.

Moo

His face will be shown as soon as his injuries have healed. It's not to protect his privacy; it's to protect potential jurors from being prejudiced (which protects taxpayers and victims when JC appeals his conviction).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why Brandon Lavergne's mug shot was released with his neck injury. It was stitched and almost healed when he was arrested. Mickey Schunick stabbed him in self defense. You can clearly see it in the photo. When it was released people thought it might be from Mickey. It was in the media before he took the plea deal and plead guilty. He admitted she stabbed him there which pissed him off more and killed her.

Agreed.
It is more eerie to leave her belongings behind - but I also think he was just careless- didn't care, because ultimately this is what he has always wanted to do (I'm not sure if he killed before) - he's probably always had this deep murderous desire.
He probably had some euphoric release doing that to a human being . He knew he had to get rid of the body and didn't have much time. But he also didn't care about the trail he left behind.

Also, leaving that murder weapon at the scene is "ballsy" too. In the history of crime, usually that's the first thing that gets ditched. It's almost like he left a trail of bread crumbs .

I am still really heck bent on this is all a game to him. Almost a catch me if you can. I feel like it's all a game. his grooming Ingrid, cleaning up really well but leaving the pruning saw behind. Leaving her phone and keys and wallet. Which by the way if this was a guy who was desperate for money could have stolen things, swiped a credit card, sold them on the street. Then in my opinion I think the scattering of her body again was part of a game, like hide and seek for LE to find her. If he wanted to get caught he would have confessed when questioned and said I messed up, I'm sick, I have a problem. He didn't. He showed restraint and even was offered when being questioned about his personal life when he said and I'm paraphrasing this: why are you asking me questions about me, why aren't you asking me about her? Almost like he was toying with them. I pray they do indeed have a hard case against him and I have a feeling the FBI already has linked him to other cases which could be why the moved up the court date. All of this is my opinion but I think we will find out in the months to come this guy is a lot smarter then some give him credit for, because after all he's not "normal" and he graduated from All OF them".

I think Psycopathy is only one part of the problem with our murderer. I think there is more here (as mentioned before).
But I wanted to post the video because it is such an interesting documentary, in general.

Moo

that was interesting. Thanks for posting. How can that woman stay married to him? The part when he was talking about false modesty-it creeped me out.
The truth is-I am not intrigued by psychopaths, they scare the crap out of me. They could kill my dog, and not lose any sleep over it. I try to stay as far away from them as I can.

I've been reading an anthology of articles about criminal profiling which lists an additional motivation for dismemberment. Some killers apparently dismember their victims and hide their remains in different places because that part is exciting to them. The dismembering and the scattering IS the motivation, if that makes sense. It could be the case with this guy.

Agree. I was reading the same today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members